St. Marys to AA?

The teams in Class AAA

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby scruffy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:43 pm

Yes indeed...Dickinson did make the 300 mile trip a few years back....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:10 pm
Location: dickinson, , USA

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby earl » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:14 pm

Im sorry....but for which sport, what was the score, and when did this supposed 300 mile, out of state, non conference game take place? Dickinson has near 900 students while malta has maybe 250. please provide some valid proof because ive looked all over the net and have never found anything.
earl
 

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby scruffy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:55 am

A neighbor of mine had kids on Dickinson's football team when they played a two year series. I'm guessing it occured back around 2000 and 2001..... and Earl......it doesn't take a private investigator. Talk to parents, local radio stations, find old yearbooks or call the school if you're that worked up over it! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by scruffy on Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:10 pm
Location: dickinson, , USA

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby NorthDakota11 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:34 pm

Scruffy is right... it happened in 2000 and 2001 give or take a year or two... I think the games were scheduled after the teams scrimmaged at the DSU team camp and the coaches started talking... Malta was a pretty big power in Montana at the time if I remember correctly... might have even won a state title... Not entirely sure...
"Why did you go for two?"

"Because I couldn't go for three..." - Woody Hayes
NorthDakota11
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:26 am
Location: Williston, ND

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby earl » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:04 pm

NorthDakota11 wrote:Scruffy is right... it happened in 2000 and 2001 give or take a year or two... I think the games were scheduled after the teams scrimmaged at the DSU team camp and the coaches started talking... Malta was a pretty big power in Montana at the time if I remember correctly... might have even won a state title... Not entirely sure...


I stand corrected! Back to the topic.
earl
 

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby smsaints » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:41 pm

NorthDakota11 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:
Dr. Sports wrote:Why would it be a step down for the program? Is it because you don't wanna see a free win leave your conference? St. Mary's hasn't had a winning record in how long? St. Mary's is better suited for the AA level cuz their not going to the playoffs any time soon in the AAA bracket.


it would be a step down IMO because IMO being a bad class a team is better than winning state b

so what do you think was more exciting for devils lake.... there 2006 season where they 1-9 only beating shanley... or there 2007 season where they made it all the way to the state title game and got a chance to play in the fargo dome????


ah i bet beating shanley was exciting..........winning b means nothing



Means nothing huh? I completely agree, you lose all credibility making a statement like that... very arrogant and not very intelligent if you ask me... Gatorade Player of the Year has come from AA teams and schools in the past... but the people who voted on that were probably just on drugs those years? Because anyone with intelligence would never vote for an inferior AA player...I suppose you also believe that the Mon-Dak team should never have anyone on it from below AAA... Just to name a few of these inferior players...Jared Essler (2000), Kyle Steffes (2002), and Andy Delabarre (2002) all started three plus years for the Bison.... do I need to go on? all of these guys played at the AA level and turned out much better on the college level then their AAA counterparts... The only AAA guy to come out better then them in their years was Eslinger who went to Minnesota...


Hey dont forget about weston dressler probably better than all of them just in my opinion though
smsaints
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:43 pm

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby Mandan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:00 pm

scruffy wrote:A neighbor of mine had kids on Dickinson's football team when they played a two year series. I'm guessing it occured back around 2000 and 2001..... and Earl......it doesn't take a private investigator. Talk to parents, local radio stations, find old yearbooks or call the school if you're that worked up over it! :lol: :lol:



Personally, I'd like to see the facts as well, as I have kept up with the Dickinson schools over the years, and I honestly don't remember this. Up until this year, Dickinson High has played 2 EDC teams for their non-conference games for a very long time. I will have to see if I can dig out some older schedules.
Too bad the high schools don't put this kind of history on their web sites.
Mandan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:07 am
Location: Mandan, ND

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby Mandan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:16 pm

Mandan wrote:
scruffy wrote:A neighbor of mine had kids on Dickinson's football team when they played a two year series. I'm guessing it occured back around 2000 and 2001..... and Earl......it doesn't take a private investigator. Talk to parents, local radio stations, find old yearbooks or call the school if you're that worked up over it! :lol: :lol:



Personally, I'd like to see the facts as well, as I have kept up with the Dickinson schools over the years, and I honestly don't remember this. Up until this year, Dickinson High has played 2 EDC teams for their non-conference games for a very long time. I will have to see if I can dig out some older schedules.
Too bad the high schools don't put this kind of history on their web sites.


OK, I found a 2000 schedule, and Dickinson High indeed did go to Malta on Sept 1 2000. They hosted Sidney that year as well. A non-conference schedule like that has been the exception. In 2002, they played Fargo North and West Fargo, in 2003 and 2004 they played Fargo South and Devil's Lake, in 2005 and 2006 they played Fargo North and West Fargo again. What messed things up in 2007 was making Belcourt go AAA, since Belcourt did not play AAA non-conference games, so there weren't as many EDC teams to match up against.
Mandan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:07 am
Location: Mandan, ND

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby scruffy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:53 am

When DHS started the season against two Fargo schools it usually meant an 0-2 start. Dickinson prefers to play schools like Miles City....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:10 pm
Location: dickinson, , USA

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby Jefferson Clark » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:24 am

except for the fact they beat west fargo in 06-07 and started 1-1 right?
Jefferson Clark
 

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby earl » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:32 pm

smsaints wrote:
NorthDakota11 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:
Dr. Sports wrote:Why would it be a step down for the program? Is it because you don't wanna see a free win leave your conference? St. Mary's hasn't had a winning record in how long? St. Mary's is better suited for the AA level cuz their not going to the playoffs any time soon in the AAA bracket.


it would be a step down IMO because IMO being a bad class a team is better than winning state b

so what do you think was more exciting for devils lake.... there 2006 season where they 1-9 only beating shanley... or there 2007 season where they made it all the way to the state title game and got a chance to play in the fargo dome????


ah i bet beating shanley was exciting..........winning b means nothing



Means nothing huh? I completely agree, you lose all credibility making a statement like that... very arrogant and not very intelligent if you ask me... Gatorade Player of the Year has come from AA teams and schools in the past... but the people who voted on that were probably just on drugs those years? Because anyone with intelligence would never vote for an inferior AA player...I suppose you also believe that the Mon-Dak team should never have anyone on it from below AAA... Just to name a few of these inferior players...Jared Essler (2000), Kyle Steffes (2002), and Andy Delabarre (2002) all started three plus years for the Bison.... do I need to go on? all of these guys played at the AA level and turned out much better on the college level then their AAA counterparts... The only AAA guy to come out better then them in their years was Eslinger who went to Minnesota...


Hey dont forget about weston dressler probably better than all of them just in my opinion though

Ummmm.....the name Tyler Roehl ring a bell, or how about Brian McNeil out of Nebraska Omaha. Maybe Brooks Bollinger is inferior as well. Do I need to go on?
earl
 

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby smsaints » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:03 pm

earl wrote:
smsaints wrote:
NorthDakota11 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:
Dr. Sports wrote:Why would it be a step down for the program? Is it because you don't wanna see a free win leave your conference? St. Mary's hasn't had a winning record in how long? St. Mary's is better suited for the AA level cuz their not going to the playoffs any time soon in the AAA bracket.


it would be a step down IMO because IMO being a bad class a team is better than winning state b

so what do you think was more exciting for devils lake.... there 2006 season where they 1-9 only beating shanley... or there 2007 season where they made it all the way to the state title game and got a chance to play in the fargo dome????


ah i bet beating shanley was exciting..........winning b means nothing



Means nothing huh? I completely agree, you lose all credibility making a statement like that... very arrogant and not very intelligent if you ask me... Gatorade Player of the Year has come from AA teams and schools in the past... but the people who voted on that were probably just on drugs those years? Because anyone with intelligence would never vote for an inferior AA player...I suppose you also believe that the Mon-Dak team should never have anyone on it from below AAA... Just to name a few of these inferior players...Jared Essler (2000), Kyle Steffes (2002), and Andy Delabarre (2002) all started three plus years for the Bison.... do I need to go on? all of these guys played at the AA level and turned out much better on the college level then their AAA counterparts... The only AAA guy to come out better then them in their years was Eslinger who went to Minnesota...


Hey dont forget about weston dressler probably better than all of them just in my opinion though

Ummmm.....the name Tyler Roehl ring a bell, or how about Brian McNeil out of Nebraska Omaha. Maybe Brooks Bollinger is inferior as well. Do I need to go on?


Hey man they all can play ball it is pretty hard to rate them.... I think they all are great past North Dakota High School football players
smsaints
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:43 pm

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby Baller22 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:35 pm

St. Mary's, Shanley, Whapeton and Belcourt are all dropping to AA, the East and West lines will be revised. Devils Lake and West will be West region Everyone to the East of Devils lake will be East. I've seen the Map all the East teams are within 30 mins of eachother, then the west is all spread out... also Hazen, Rugby, and i think Beulah are dropping down to A. Im not sure about the teams dropping to A but i know Hazen and Rugby for sure.
Baller22
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:26 pm

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:44 pm

Isn't the trip from Fargo to Grand Forks over 30 minutes? :lol:
Also, I don't think Wahp should make the drop. They're doing very well, in my opinion.
Image
User avatar
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 961
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: USA

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:53 am

HockeyHigh wrote:Isn't the trip from Fargo to Grand Forks over 30 minutes? :lol:
Also, I don't think Wahp should make the drop. They're doing very well, in my opinion.


St.Marys, Whap, Shanley, Belcort are Going AA , Hazen, Rugby, Watford Are going down Kindred,Lisbon going back up An just for Question to anyone i heard Harvey one the best year to year teams in class A is going down To 9 man??
User avatar
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:08 pm
Location: Some Place In Region 4

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby cubsfan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:21 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:Isn't the trip from Fargo to Grand Forks over 30 minutes? :lol:
Also, I don't think Wahp should make the drop. They're doing very well, in my opinion.


St.Marys, Whap, Shanley, Belcort are Going AA , Hazen, Rugby, Watford Are going down Kindred,Lisbon going back up An just for Question to anyone i heard Harvey one the best year to year teams in class A is going down To 9 man??

They would have went down to 9-man but requested to stay in class A.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1394
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:29 am
Location: North Dakota USA

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby MinotBison » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:55 pm

Baller22 wrote:St. Mary's, Shanley, Whapeton and Belcourt are all dropping to AA, the East and West lines will be revised. Devils Lake and West will be West region Everyone to the East of Devils lake will be East. I've seen the Map all the East teams are within 30 mins of eachother, then the west is all spread out... also Hazen, Rugby, and i think Beulah are dropping down to A. Im not sure about the teams dropping to A but i know Hazen and Rugby for sure.


Class AAA might start running out of teams pretty soon if this keeps up. In order to make up for the games that are lost, who are the remaining teams going to play? Will some of them play each other twice? I don't think there are that many bordering Minnesota/South Dakota teams that can take up the slack. Playoff time won't be very interesting. It will just be the same 8 teams playing each other all over again.
MinotBison
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:53 pm

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby tellmeaboutit » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:58 pm

MinotBison wrote:
Baller22 wrote:St. Mary's, Shanley, Whapeton and Belcourt are all dropping to AA, the East and West lines will be revised. Devils Lake and West will be West region Everyone to the East of Devils lake will be East. I've seen the Map all the East teams are within 30 mins of eachother, then the west is all spread out... also Hazen, Rugby, and i think Beulah are dropping down to A. Im not sure about the teams dropping to A but i know Hazen and Rugby for sure.


Class AAA might start running out of teams pretty soon if this keeps up. In order to make up for the games that are lost, who are the remaining teams going to play? Will some of them play each other twice? I don't think there are that many bordering Minnesota/South Dakota teams that can take up the slack. Playoff time won't be very interesting. It will just be the same 8 teams playing each other all over again.
MinotBison wrote:
Baller22 wrote:St. Mary's, Shanley, Whapeton and Belcourt are all dropping to AA, the East and West lines will be revised. Devils Lake and West will be West region Everyone to the East of Devils lake will be East. I've seen the Map all the East teams are within 30 mins of eachother, then the west is all spread out... also Hazen, Rugby, and i think Beulah are dropping down to A. Im not sure about the teams dropping to A but i know Hazen and Rugby for sure.


Class AAA might start running out of teams pretty soon if this keeps up. In order to make up for the games that are lost, who are the remaining teams going to play? Will some of them play each other twice? I don't think there are that many bordering Minnesota/South Dakota teams that can take up the slack. Playoff time won't be very interesting. It will just be the same 8 teams playing each other all over again.

That would make it like the State A basketball tournament. New year....same teams.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:01 pm

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby SCHWABY25 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:39 pm

demon_fan14 wrote:The real question here is if St. Marys goes AA........does Mandan go too?

NO they jugde the school by its size not how god they are think about it mandan isnt the greatest team but that is the only highschool in mandan so all the kids go there
SCHWABY25
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:37 pm

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby nd_football_69 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:36 pm

SCHWABY25 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:The real question here is if St. Marys goes AA........does Mandan go too?

NO they jugde the school by its size not how god they are think about it mandan isnt the greatest team but that is the only highschool in mandan so all the kids go there


Yeah and why would mandan go they dominated st. marys
nd_football_69
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:57 am

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby papabutch74 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:10 pm

ive also heard a rumor that jamestown will be in the east next year? so that the conferences are finally balanced.. so in the east there will be fargo south, west fargo, fargo north, grand forks rr, gfc and jamestown and in the west minot bhs chs dickinson mandan and williston.. any truth to this?
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:42 pm

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby squeak63 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:58 pm

papabutch74 wrote:ive also heard a rumor that jamestown will be in the east next year? so that the conferences are finally balanced.. so in the east there will be fargo south, west fargo, fargo north, grand forks rr, gfc and jamestown and in the west minot bhs chs dickinson mandan and williston.. any truth to this?

but if you look at that the west region teams would only have 5 conference game during the season... do you really think that coaches are going to want only 5 conference games???
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
User avatar
squeak63
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 960
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:54 pm
Location: Bismarck, ,

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby ndplayer10 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:39 pm

Yah St. Marys is going down as of next year as is Whap and Shanely.

The East AA will be Casselton, Valley City, Lisbon ( up from A), Kindred, ( up from A) Shanley (down from AAA), Whapeton (down from AAA), and Oak Grove.

The west will look somthing like this Devils Lake, Carrington, Belcourt, Bottineau, Minot Ryan, St. Marys, Trinity, Beulah.

Those going down to A will be Rugby, Hazen, and the AA champions Watford City.
ndplayer10
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby papabutch74 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:27 pm

squeak63 wrote:
papabutch74 wrote:ive also heard a rumor that jamestown will be in the east next year? so that the conferences are finally balanced.. so in the east there will be fargo south, west fargo, fargo north, grand forks rr, gfc and jamestown and in the west minot bhs chs dickinson mandan and williston.. any truth to this?

but if you look at that the west region teams would only have 5 conference game during the season... do you really think that coaches are going to want only 5 conference games???

most likely not.. the schedules gunna be weird next year.. good thing you left on a high note squeak haha.. great job saturday by the way again.. and football next years gunna be iffy without you guys paving the way
papabutch74
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:42 pm

Previous

Return to AAA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests