St. Marys to AA?

The teams in Class AAA

Re: St. Marys to AA?

Postby Baller » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:55 am

demon_fan14 wrote:The real question here is if St. Marys goes AA........does Mandan go too?

Why? Mandans enrollment isnt anywhere near the cutoff for enrollment.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:51 am

Baller wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:The real question here is if St. Marys goes AA........does Mandan go too?

Correct me if im wrong but didnt st marys beat mandan last year?
demon_fan14

Postby Baller » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:52 am

demon_fan14 wrote:
Baller wrote:

They dont go by wins and losses..It is by enrollment.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:54 am

Baller wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:
Baller wrote:

They dont go by wins and losses..It is by enrollment.

haha yeah i suppose your right but im just saying theyre fairly competitive and i think going AA(class b) would just be a step down for the team and the school
demon_fan14

Postby Dr. Sports » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:56 pm

Why would it be a step down for the program? Is it because you don't wanna see a free win leave your conference? St. Mary's hasn't had a winning record in how long? St. Mary's is better suited for the AA level cuz their not going to the playoffs any time soon in the AAA bracket.
Dr. Sports
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:07 pm

They are kind of a tweener. The bad thing about the rural nature of our state is that there is no perfect conference for some schools.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:03 pm

Dr. Sports wrote:Why would it be a step down for the program? Is it because you don't wanna see a free win leave your conference? St. Mary's hasn't had a winning record in how long? St. Mary's is better suited for the AA level cuz their not going to the playoffs any time soon in the AAA bracket.

it would be a step down IMO because IMO being a bad class a team is better than winning state b
demon_fan14

Postby squeak63 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:55 pm

demon_fan14 wrote:
Dr. Sports wrote:Why would it be a step down for the program? Is it because you don't wanna see a free win leave your conference? St. Mary's hasn't had a winning record in how long? St. Mary's is better suited for the AA level cuz their not going to the playoffs any time soon in the AAA bracket.

it would be a step down IMO because IMO being a bad class a team is better than winning state b

so what do you think was more exciting for devils lake.... there 2006 season where they 1-9 only beating shanley... or there 2007 season where they made it all the way to the state title game and got a chance to play in the fargo dome????
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:57 pm

squeak63 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:

so what do you think was more exciting for devils lake.... there 2006 season where they 1-9 only beating shanley... or there 2007 season where they made it all the way to the state title game and got a chance to play in the fargo dome????

ah i bet beating shanley was exciting..........winning b means nothing
demon_fan14

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:12 am

Just lost all credibility with that statement.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby click clack moo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:52 pm

demon_fan14... can i ask you whats your problem with class B teams.. just because the dont have the numbers of a class a school they are now worthless or what.. and i can guarentee you that devils Lake had more fun playing AA then they did playing AAA not to mention i bet more college coaches noticed them when they were playing in the State AA Championship at the Fargo dome then when they were going 1-9 in AAA
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:32 am

It would be a step down because they would lose a lot of support and students. I guarantee you some of their athletes would switch to BHS or Century when they go down to AA. I've heard they're going down in 2 years, I am very surprised Dan Smrekar has accepted this.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby Dr. Sports » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:01 pm

Okey Dokey Smokey, I didn't realize they had the premier atheletes to lose and I bet those who would transfer already have.
Dr. Sports
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demon_fan14 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:35 pm

Dr. Sports wrote:Okey Dokey Smokey, I didn't realize they had the premier atheletes to lose and I bet those who would transfer already have.

dokey smokey.....bahahahaha
demon_fan14

Postby Moos66 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:37 pm

i play for jamestown and last night our coach told us that we will be playing in the East for the 09-10 season. what that means for everyone else i dont know yet.
Moos66
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Riders00 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:57 pm

Belcout must be moving down or going out West?
Riders00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:57 pm

Why would mandan go to AA for football they had a off year by losing 13 seniors the previous year that played and started in most positions on both side they will be back up in the 5-4 hunt again
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby demon_fan14 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:59 pm

Ditka14 wrote:Why would mandan go to AA for football they had a off year by losing 13 seniors the previous year that played and started in most positions on both side they will be back up in the 5-4 hunt again

no shot
demon_fan14

Postby isrb52 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:36 pm

st mary's will be class AA for sure in the 09-10 season. this new class system goes completely by number. im from st mary's and on the committee to help decide whether we want to petition but even if we do decide to petition, it probably wont happen. there will be 6 teams in each conferance, us and shanley will move down and belcourt is already out so devil's lake will move back up. It is also a two year plan, so after the two years is up we could petition to go back to AAA. and yes Dan Smrekar will be coaching even though we are going AA.
isrb52

Postby NorthDakota11 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:55 pm

demon_fan14 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:

Means nothing huh? I completely agree, you lose all credibility making a statement like that... very arrogant and not very intelligent if you ask me... Gatorade Player of the Year has come from AA teams and schools in the past... but the people who voted on that were probably just on drugs those years? Because anyone with intelligence would never vote for an inferior AA player...I suppose you also believe that the Mon-Dak team should never have anyone on it from below AAA... Just to name a few of these inferior players...Jared Essler (2000), Kyle Steffes (2002), and Andy Delabarre (2002) all started three plus years for the Bison.... do I need to go on? all of these guys played at the AA level and turned out much better on the college level then their AAA counterparts... The only AAA guy to come out better then them in their years was Eslinger who went to Minnesota...
"Why did you go for two?"

"Because I couldn't go for three..." - Woody Hayes
NorthDakota11
NDPreps Starter

Postby demon_fan14 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:16 pm

NorthDakota11 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:

Means nothing huh? I completely agree, you lose all credibility making a statement like that... very arrogant and not very intelligent if you ask me... Gatorade Player of the Year has come from AA teams and schools in the past... but the people who voted on that were probably just on drugs those years? Because anyone with intelligence would never vote for an inferior AA player...I suppose you also believe that the Mon-Dak team should never have anyone on it from below AAA... Just to name a few of these inferior players...Jared Essler (2000), Kyle Steffes (2002), and Andy Delabarre (2002) all started three plus years for the Bison.... do I need to go on? all of these guys played at the AA level and turned out much better on the college level then their AAA counterparts... The only AAA guy to come out better then them in their years was Eslinger who went to Minnesota...

NDSportsFan wrote:Just lost all credibility with that statement.

real original ND11
demon_fan14

Postby NorthDakota11 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:21 pm

Lets try to actually have a discussion Demon... I agreed with NDsportsfan... and then built off of it... you're not even worth my time of day if you're not going to discuss things...
"Why did you go for two?"

"Because I couldn't go for three..." - Woody Hayes
NorthDakota11
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:11 pm

NorthDakota11 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:

i totally agree with you but when can make a case of dressler is right up there with those double A guys and also even though there not done rohl and jangula have turned out very well.. but i agree with you it doesn't matter what level your playing at if you good your good
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby scruffy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:07 am

A school should compete against opponents fairly close in size. Bismarck, Dickinson, or Minot beating a much smaller school is meaningless. Dickinson and Williston especially come to mind because for their non conference games they play schools like Miles City, Malta and Sidney. You might as well start the season off with two byes.... :roll: :roll:
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby earl » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:58 pm

scruffy wrote:A school should compete against opponents fairly close in size. Bismarck, Dickinson, or Minot beating a much smaller school is meaningless. Dickinson and Williston especially come to mind because for their non conference games they play schools like Miles City, Malta and Sidney. You might as well start the season off with two byes.... :roll: :roll:

Dickinson or Williston High have never ever played the Malta Mustangs in a high school sports. Malta is a small town located in NORTH CENTRAL Montana and is 318 miles from Dickinson and 216 miles from Williston so get your facts straight! The 2 Montana schools that compete with Dickinson are Glendive and Miles City. The 2 that compete with Williston are Sidney and Glendive. Both Glendive and Miles City are close in comparison to Williston and Dickinson. Saint Marys competes with the larger schools in Bismarck because they are private and if they went down to AA, they would lose money from alumni and other school supporters.
earl

PreviousNext

Return to AAA