Top 10 QB's next year in EDC

The teams in Class AAA

Re: Top 10 QB's next year in EDC

Postby Plays4keeps » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:20 am

dillseeds wrote:
Plays4keeps wrote:
dillseeds wrote:
magicman_013 wrote:Red River's Sam King is pretty good but he isn't as agile as I would like to see. He has a cannon. Personally I think the coaching staff should be looking at starting Matt Hanson(he will be a juinor). Don't get me wrong, Sam is good and smart but I think Matt has a better and faster release. He is also smarter once he gets outside the pocket.

False, no way on this earth that coach muir is going to start Matt Hanson over Sam King. Sam was in the top 3 in every major statistic for quarterbacks in the edc this year. No coach in there right mind would trade a quarterback with a full years experience for a jv quarterback thats never seen the field. I'm not saying that Matt Hanson is not a good quarterback by any means, but unless King gets hurt, theres no way Hanson sees anything but the pine at Cushman next year, (unless RR's 30 points ahead or behind that is)

you know what i agree with magicman i have heard that muir is actually starting matt hanson and from the jv games i have seen he is very solid and against south after south was up by like 30 and hanson went in they scored on the first play.

you make a valid point, they actually did score on the first play hanson got in, oon a 56 yard run made by one of the back up running backs. But your right, if it wasn't for hanson's "beautiful" hand off there's no way they would've scored he single handedly made that play for the riders

i couldnt have said it better myself
Plays4keeps
NDPreps Starter

Postby 10thousandfists2 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:22 am

i'd say sam king will be the best qb next year if he doesn't throw too many interceptions and if someone can catch the ball for red river and bryce jorgenson the same for west fargo
10thousandfists2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Sanders10 » Tue May 05, 2009 11:11 am

Red River has Pope and Dingle next year at WR... Dingle might not have gotten as many receptions or TD's as Pope but they are still both very good WR's
"Some men are born with greatness, others have greatness thrust upon them."
Sanders10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby footballfan21 » Thu May 07, 2009 8:17 pm

Thorton will be the best qb in the state hands down!!!!
footballfan21
NDPreps Rookie

Postby dillseeds » Mon May 11, 2009 11:46 pm

Sanders10 wrote:Red River has Pope and Dingle next year at WR... Dingle might not have gotten as many receptions or TD's as Pope but they are still both very good WR's

If king can get a solid line in front of him this year he'll be set. Red River is a school bursting with potential that always finds a way to shoot themselves in the foot. If king gets some time to drop back and set up a throw i have no doubt in my mind that both pope and dingle with be all conference players along with their quarterback.
dillseeds
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sanders10 » Tue May 12, 2009 11:01 am

dillseeds wrote:
Sanders10 wrote:Red River has Pope and Dingle next year at WR... Dingle might not have gotten as many receptions or TD's as Pope but they are still both very good WR's

If king can get a solid line in front of him this year he'll be set. Red River is a school bursting with potential that always finds a way to shoot themselves in the foot. If king gets some time to drop back and set up a throw i have no doubt in my mind that both pope and dingle with be all conference players along with their quarterback.

Red River should have a couple offensive linemen with at least a years varsity experience but they will have a few new varsity linemen because they started either 2 or 3 seniors last year so hopefully the new linemen can hold up for king... i do agree with you that Red River has a lot of potential and do shoot themselves in the foot a lot so maybe this year they will pull it together and make it to playoffs
"Some men are born with greatness, others have greatness thrust upon them."
Sanders10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 10thousandfists2 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:23 pm

footballfan21 wrote:Thorton will be the best qb in the state hands down!!!!

dude we're talking about the EDC not STATE...and don't state a fact everyone already knows
10thousandfists2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby blue92 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:11 am

I agree that esley will be the best but south has another qb that's in running his name is griffin neal he's pretty good and has the potential to start next year
blue92
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball101 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:39 pm

yes, griffin neal is good...south plays century today and on his first drive he drove the bruins down the field and finished it off by throwing for a TD...hopefully thats a sign for good things to come
baseball101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby unocero14 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:48 am

maddogmauer wrote:Esley is hands down the best qb in the class of 2010, but there isnt much competition. King from RR is a good player and will have a successful year. Bosch from north is very overrated and very undertalented. He has the perfect build of a qb but has no speed or athletic abilities to go with his size and throwing ability.

I agree Bosch is unathletic and don't get why people would talk him up..King really isn't that good either but with a poor EDC he looks good..Esley is good, but gets off easy for the trouble he has gotten into in the past

Clean that up and he's the best QB I've seen in ND since Brandon Larson (FS)
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby unocero14 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:43 am

squeak63 wrote:
unocero14 wrote:
maddogmauer wrote:Esley is hands down the best qb in the class of 2010, but there isnt much competition. King from RR is a good player and will have a successful year. Bosch from north is very overrated and very undertalented. He has the perfect build of a qb but has no speed or athletic abilities to go with his size and throwing ability.

I agree Bosch is unathletic and don't get why people would talk him up..King really isn't that good either but with a poor EDC he looks good..Esley is good, but gets off easy for the trouble he has gotten into in the past

the problems he has had in the past are gone and in the past and should not be brought up this year... people saying that just upsets me because if elsey was a QB who didn't end up starting untill this year or his problems he has had in the past wouldn't have affected football or basketball noone would know about this... everyone makes mistakes and pays the price for that mistake and then its over... take the time to meet elsey once and you will know thats not him

But everyone said that WF only beat BHS bcuz of Esley not playing, so don't you think it ruined your perfect season
unocero14
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:06 pm

unocero14 wrote:

Esley didn't get off easy. He got the same punishment every other person got. However, unlike most people, he got "caught" the first time, and I don't know how much we can say he got caught, when he turned himself in.

You should probably know the story before you talk about it, but no one needs to talk about it anymore. Let the past stay in the past.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby squeak63 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:51 pm

unocero14 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
unocero14 wrote:

the problems he has had in the past are gone and in the past and should not be brought up this year... people saying that just upsets me because if elsey was a QB who didn't end up starting untill this year or his problems he has had in the past wouldn't have affected football or basketball noone would know about this... everyone makes mistakes and pays the price for that mistake and then its over... take the time to meet elsey once and you will know thats not him

But everyone said that WF only beat BHS bcuz of Esley not playing, so don't you think it ruined your perfect season

i am not gonna say we would or wound't have won that game with elsey... all i know is that we didn't deserve to win that game... it doesn't bother me at all i don't blame him at all either like i said everyone makes mistakes and he payed for them and being a good teamate i backed him and still am
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby King James » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:56 pm

perfect season? who cares? they won the final game on the final night of the season and thats all that matters.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:37 am

1 a : a written statement in which a plaintiff in certain courts sets forth the cause of action or the relief sought b archaic : a handbill especially attacking or defaming someone
2 a : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means (3) : the publication of blasphemous, treasonable, seditious, or obscene writings or pictures (4) : the act, tort, or crime of publishing such a libel
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Libel
by this definition what mauer is saying libel is correct
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby nd_football_69 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:42 pm

defamatory: (used of statements) harmful and often untrue; tending to discredit or malign
Klein now you know what one of the big words you copy and paste means, saying that what maddog said is libel is actually false considering what did happen to elsey is true and was not a false statement
nd_football_69
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:38 pm

nd_football_69 wrote:defamatory: (used of statements) harmful and often untrue; tending to discredit or malign
Klein now you know what one of the big words you copy and paste means, saying that what maddog said is libel is actually false considering what did happen to elsey is true and was not a false statement

I said it is libel and I am right. Accusing someone of underage drinking is accusing them of an illegal activity, and because Esley was never convicted of an illegal activity involving drinking, and can't be, it is libel.

If it wasn't libel, I could post that any random person drinks illegally, and it would be fine, however, that is libel. This is the same, because there is no legal justification, for lack of a better word, that shows that Esley ever was drinking. He got a training violation.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Umm.....and the topic here is....Quarterbacks.

Get back on topic now that we've defined what libel is.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Football Freak » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:32 am

most pointless topic i have ever heard, there isn't even ten teams in the EDC.

think before you post topics like this.
Football Freak
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to AAA