whos the best at the positions that get no love?

The teams in Class AAA

whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby thenatural » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:20 pm

such as tight end, corner, d linemen, kicker, est.
thenatural
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:49 am
Location: grand forks, , North Dakota USA

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby Number7 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:44 pm

Ryan? Malm from Bismarck is a heck of a kicker. Pfau from Minot has to be the top tight end as discussed in another topic. I dont know about corner but Tyler Johnson from BHS, Tyler Hewson from WF, and Tony Gross from South are probably the top 3 DB's. D-Line probably Kringstad from Century.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
User avatar
Number7
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:31 pm

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby DWeigs » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:21 pm

Tanner Nastad has to be atleast the best kicker in the East if not the best kicker in the state. He was a full time soccer player for GFC and part time kicker as well. He is up there i believe.
DWeigs
 

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby DWeigs » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:22 pm

Mikey Ingmansen from Bismarck High(check spelling) is a very good Fullback as well.
DWeigs
 

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby balla12 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:17 pm

DWeigs wrote:Tanner Nastad has to be atleast the best kicker in the East if not the best kicker in the state. He was a full time soccer player for GFC and part time kicker as well. He is up there i believe.


What are his stats? And is he getting recruited?

And all of you think ryan malm is such a good kicker St Mary's kicker zach reisenaur is better than he is guranteed. The kid was only a junior this year. Plus he has D1 schools looking at him for kicking
balla12
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:35 pm

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby DWeigs » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:45 pm

balla12 wrote:
DWeigs wrote:Tanner Nastad has to be atleast the best kicker in the East if not the best kicker in the state. He was a full time soccer player for GFC and part time kicker as well. He is up there i believe.


What are his stats? And is he getting recruited?

And all of you think ryan malm is such a good kicker St Mary's kicker zach reisenaur is better than he is guranteed. The kid was only a junior this year. Plus he has D1 schools looking at him for kicking


Kickoffs
Tanner Naastad 47 attempts 2288 yards 48.7 Average...
1st in the EDC

Field Goals
He made almost all of his extra points...
But struggled with some field goals that barely missed.
He is being recruited to some D-1 soccer programs..
DWeigs
 

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby ttime262 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:03 am

kyle kingesly from south is really good on kickoff
also decent on offensive line
ttime262
 

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby whocares? » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:57 pm

dane vanderpan chs long snapper
whocares?
 

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:58 pm

balla12 wrote:
DWeigs wrote:Tanner Nastad has to be atleast the best kicker in the East if not the best kicker in the state. He was a full time soccer player for GFC and part time kicker as well. He is up there i believe.


What are his stats? And is he getting recruited?

And all of you think ryan malm is such a good kicker St Mary's kicker zach reisenaur is better than he is guranteed. The kid was only a junior this year. Plus he has D1 schools looking at him for kicking

No he wasnt malm was a stud...and i dont want to hear good kicker from smchs cuz no one is comparable to reggie stecher, full ride to ndsu i believe but couldnt pass the physical because of his heart i belive i watched him kick a kickoff through the uprights half way up
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:26 pm

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby Ming01 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:16 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
balla12 wrote:
DWeigs wrote:Tanner Nastad has to be atleast the best kicker in the East if not the best kicker in the state. He was a full time soccer player for GFC and part time kicker as well. He is up there i believe.


What are his stats? And is he getting recruited?

And all of you think ryan malm is such a good kicker St Mary's kicker zach reisenaur is better than he is guranteed. The kid was only a junior this year. Plus he has D1 schools looking at him for kicking

No he wasnt malm was a stud...and i dont want to hear good kicker from smchs cuz no one is comparable to reggie stecher, full ride to ndsu i believe but couldnt pass the physical because of his heart i belive i watched him kick a kickoff through the uprights half way up


Stecher had an offer from Colorado as well, kicked a 65 yarder in practice at the bowl my sophomore year. Probably one of the best kickers to ever come out of ND, too bad he couldn't play college cuz of his condition.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:56 pm
Location: Fargo, ND

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby BuckyFootball08 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:04 pm

Hellevang from north a few years ago had offers to NDSU and Minnesota. Don't know why he chose UND......Not knocking UND, but to get noticed and kick at a bigger level, other two would have been alot better. Bibou(sp?) sure hasnt been very special for NDSU.
BuckyFootball08
 

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby Ming01 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:43 pm

BuckyFootball08 wrote:Hellevang from north a few years ago had offers to NDSU and Minnesota. Don't know why he chose UND......Not knocking UND, but to get noticed and kick at a bigger level, other two would have been alot better. Bibou(sp?) sure hasnt been very special for NDSU.


Bibeau has been very good for NDSU, if it weren't for him then that comeback win isn't possible against Cal-Poly. 53/53 on XP 14/19 isnt spectaular but it isn't bad either. 51 is his long. Yeah he may have trouble getting his kicks up at times but he's still been pretty good, he's had great kickoffs not letting the other teams get too good of field position.

Im sure Hellebang choose UND because of playing time.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:56 pm
Location: Fargo, ND

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby lucky7 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:45 pm

An offer can be anything from full-ride to $250.00 a year. Hellavang had offers from NDSU, but with very little money. UND realized his potential and offered more.
lucky7
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:43 am

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby balla12 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:10 am

Ming01 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
balla12 wrote:
DWeigs wrote:Tanner Nastad has to be atleast the best kicker in the East if not the best kicker in the state. He was a full time soccer player for GFC and part time kicker as well. He is up there i believe.


What are his stats? And is he getting recruited?

And all of you think ryan malm is such a good kicker St Mary's kicker zach reisenaur is better than he is guranteed. The kid was only a junior this year. Plus he has D1 schools looking at him for kicking

No he wasnt malm was a stud...and i dont want to hear good kicker from smchs cuz no one is comparable to reggie stecher, full ride to ndsu i believe but couldnt pass the physical because of his heart i belive i watched him kick a kickoff through the uprights half way up


Stecher had an offer from Colorado as well, kicked a 65 yarder in practice at the bowl my sophomore year. Probably one of the best kickers to ever come out of ND, too bad he couldn't play college cuz of his condition.

Yea I agree ming01 reggie was a great kicker. It will be interesting to see where that smchs kicker goes though
balla12
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:35 pm

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby King James » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:18 pm

i thought Malm was better but he never got a chance to kick a FG... i know this doesnt really count but if anyone was at the state game he was just chippin them in from 45 in warm ups
Wheres the elbow
User avatar
King James
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:36 pm

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby Ming01 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:02 pm

balla12 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
balla12 wrote:
DWeigs wrote:Tanner Nastad has to be atleast the best kicker in the East if not the best kicker in the state. He was a full time soccer player for GFC and part time kicker as well. He is up there i believe.


What are his stats? And is he getting recruited?

And all of you think ryan malm is such a good kicker St Mary's kicker zach reisenaur is better than he is guranteed. The kid was only a junior this year. Plus he has D1 schools looking at him for kicking

No he wasnt malm was a stud...and i dont want to hear good kicker from smchs cuz no one is comparable to reggie stecher, full ride to ndsu i believe but couldnt pass the physical because of his heart i belive i watched him kick a kickoff through the uprights half way up


Stecher had an offer from Colorado as well, kicked a 65 yarder in practice at the bowl my sophomore year. Probably one of the best kickers to ever come out of ND, too bad he couldn't play college cuz of his condition.

Yea I agree ming01 reggie was a great kicker. It will be interesting to see where that smchs kicker goes though


I will say the best where he can go is Mary
Ming01
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:56 pm
Location: Fargo, ND

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby thenatural » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:34 pm

DWeigs wrote:
balla12 wrote:
DWeigs wrote:Tanner Nastad has to be atleast the best kicker in the East if not the best kicker in the state. He was a full time soccer player for GFC and part time kicker as well. He is up there i believe.


What are his stats? And is he getting recruited?

And all of you think ryan malm is such a good kicker St Mary's kicker zach reisenaur is better than he is guranteed. The kid was only a junior this year. Plus he has D1 schools looking at him for kicking


Kickoffs
Tanner Naastad 47 attempts 2288 yards 48.7 Average...
1st in the EDC

Field Goals
He made almost all of his extra points...
But struggled with some field goals that barely missed.
He is being recruited to some D-1 soccer programs..


Naastads kickoff avg. was ruined with all of the pooch kicks that the coaches had him do
thenatural
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:49 am
Location: grand forks, , North Dakota USA

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby Mauer07 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:13 am

King James wrote:i thought Malm was better but he never got a chance to kick a FG... i know this doesnt really count but if anyone was at the state game he was just chippin them in from 45 in warm ups

ya i saw him warming up before the game and i could not believe my eyes how far he was kicking them with ease what year is he in?
You can't measure the heart of a champion
User avatar
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:24 pm
Location: USA

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby King James » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:12 pm

senior.. could be a 3 sport athlete in college... good kicker, good basketball player and good golfer
Wheres the elbow
User avatar
King James
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:36 pm

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby balla12 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:07 pm

Ming01 wrote:
balla12 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
balla12 wrote:
DWeigs wrote:Tanner Nastad has to be atleast the best kicker in the East if not the best kicker in the state. He was a full time soccer player for GFC and part time kicker as well. He is up there i believe.


What are his stats? And is he getting recruited?

And all of you think ryan malm is such a good kicker St Mary's kicker zach reisenaur is better than he is guranteed. The kid was only a junior this year. Plus he has D1 schools looking at him for kicking

No he wasnt malm was a stud...and i dont want to hear good kicker from smchs cuz no one is comparable to reggie stecher, full ride to ndsu i believe but couldnt pass the physical because of his heart i belive i watched him kick a kickoff through the uprights half way up


Stecher had an offer from Colorado as well, kicked a 65 yarder in practice at the bowl my sophomore year. Probably one of the best kickers to ever come out of ND, too bad he couldn't play college cuz of his condition.

Yea I agree ming01 reggie was a great kicker. It will be interesting to see where that smchs kicker goes though


I will say the best where he can go is Mary

Bull Wait and watch after this summer he is goin to 6 kicking camps around the nation and he is goin to a scholarship camp he was invited to plus NDSU has been looking at him so we will see what happens....and U mary will be one of his last choices
balla12
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:35 pm

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby brownbomber » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:47 am

Herauf was known to pull up from 50yds out and knock um down
I am what I am
User avatar
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:03 pm
Location: North Dakota USA

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby soykevinendall » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:31 pm

matthew downing- waterboy
"There's something about St. Mary's that brings it out."
"I've been off lately, but I got in a rhythm and started making some shots. I wanted the ball. At the end I wanted to be the one to put it away."
"We really wanted it and we never gave up. We just kept battling."
User avatar
soykevinendall
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:00 pm
Location: hannifin park

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby sweet danny & lisa » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:01 pm

soykevinendall wrote:matthew downing- waterboy


i agree. mr.downing worked his butt off for those chs patriots and he gets no love. lets give this kid a round of applause!
sweet danny & lisa
 

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby baseball18 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:12 pm

balla12 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
balla12 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
balla12 wrote:
DWeigs wrote:Tanner Nastad has to be atleast the best kicker in the East if not the best kicker in the state. He was a full time soccer player for GFC and part time kicker as well. He is up there i believe.


What are his stats? And is he getting recruited?

And all of you think ryan malm is such a good kicker St Mary's kicker zach reisenaur is better than he is guranteed. The kid was only a junior this year. Plus he has D1 schools looking at him for kicking

No he wasnt malm was a stud...and i dont want to hear good kicker from smchs cuz no one is comparable to reggie stecher, full ride to ndsu i believe but couldnt pass the physical because of his heart i belive i watched him kick a kickoff through the uprights half way up


Stecher had an offer from Colorado as well, kicked a 65 yarder in practice at the bowl my sophomore year. Probably one of the best kickers to ever come out of ND, too bad he couldn't play college cuz of his condition.

Yea I agree ming01 reggie was a great kicker. It will be interesting to see where that smchs kicker goes though


I will say the best where he can go is Mary

Bull Wait and watch after this summer he is goin to 6 kicking camps around the nation and he is goin to a scholarship camp he was invited to plus NDSU has been looking at him so we will see what happens....and U mary will be one of his last choices


Just because he is going to kicking camps and NDSU invited him to theirs means nothing! There are plenty of guys who get invited to those camps who dont even end up playing college ball! The just invite them to evaluate and sometime they invite is so they can see how good they really are because they cant make it to their games in the season. And I doubt NDSU is looking at him, if they sent him a letter in the mail it doesnt mean squat! He is a fairly decent kicker but there is no way he is going to NDSU, I dont think he will even play at Mary.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 2:47 pm

Re: whos the best at the positions that get no love?

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:53 am

Matt Keller of mandan played real good against us.......to bad he played on such a poor team
demon_fan14
 


Return to AAA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest