College Prospects

The teams in Class AAA

College Prospects

Postby UND Fan » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:11 pm

What ND high school football payers are being recruited (or should be) by either UND or NDSU? Please include position, size, etc.
UND Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Re: College Prospects

Postby DWeigs » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:17 pm

Jared Gowan
6 ft 195 Lbs RB
Over 1500 yards rushing this season... With 20 touchdowns i believe..
DWeigs

Postby walter » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:57 pm

Karl Effertz - WR - Century
6' 8" 220
He's a wide receiver that plays a lot like a tight end - great blocker - very solid short yardage receiver - soft hands - he has been over-shadowed this year by some of Century's faster receivers, but with his raw tools he probably has the highest upside of any of the wide outs. Should fill out to be somewhere between 250-270 lbs, probably won't get any taller. He's being followed by UND, not sure about NDSU.
walter

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:28 pm

Josh Horner of course. If you need his statistics check anywhere, I'm sure half the people here know them.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby smsaints » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:46 am

Andrew Richter He had a decent year for playing against nine guys in the box all year and having like 2 guys a game spy on him. No he wont play college quarterback but he could be a return guy/wideout and on defense he can play safety And I know personally that colleges have been talking to him
smsaints
NDPreps Reserve

Postby randymcdandy » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:48 am

mike dobberstien for south i think hes going to ndsu to hold he has solid hands... does anyone kno his bench or 40 time?
randymcdandy

Postby King James » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:54 pm

There recruiting him just to hold for kicks?
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:41 pm

You don't get recruited to hold, the holder is either th backup QB or punter
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:23 pm

randymcdandy wrote:mike dobberstien for south i think hes going to ndsu to hold he has solid hands... does anyone kno his bench or 40 time?

Hes not D1 quick or D1 strong why would they ask him just to hold kicks?
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby randymcdandy » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:26 pm

hes already been accepted to the school, he is an amazing left handed qb too...
randymcdandy

Postby randymcdandy » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:06 pm

i heard about him, he is one of the key reasons why south is having such an amazing season, keep it up guys!
randymcdandy

Postby ttime262 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:48 pm

i agree with randymcdany, dobberstein really has the tools to become an elite holder at the college level and possibly the NFL
ttime262

Postby randymcdandy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:56 pm

well said
randymcdandy

Postby Sportshound » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:42 pm

dobberstien? who??
Left handed Qb-- or they are all good-- Not-- have never seen him play. can not comment on talent level.

ha ha on the recruiting thing. that name is intriguing though.
think i saw that dobberstein name on the rolls at NDSU before??? HMMM Oh ya-- Shawn Dobberstein, Track and Xcountry at NDSU in Mid 80's-- probably his dad???
there is a Dobberstien working at Fargo Airport.
Saw him in the news a couple of times...

Now in regards to others being recruited--
Not in the know or anything--
but heard that duluth, UND, and a few others are after Hooey(South-LB)
they like his size speed and drive for the sport.(his father played college ball also)

Erickson (TE-DT-South)- supposedly getting looks from Jamestown, Mayville, VCSU, MSUM, St.Clioud, UMD
horner-- well he should get a signing anyday now here in Nov.-- probably NDSU.

Farkus-(QB) Wfargo-- talent in a box-- he is awesome, supposedly UND, and Mary want him.
Swanson( RB/LB) W Fargo--who is playing hockey for the FM Jets(I think)-- is still in the ranks of wanted players in this Senior class from ND. he is a kid that will likely get picked up in a year or two by a college and go back to playing football. He will be a D2 player, SS or FS or RB. he has the tools for Football and is natural. I heard that UND and some other D2 schools already wanted him, even though he decided not to play his sr. yr. and try the hockey thing.

elgie-- minot-- lost in Semis- to Bis Demons-- but will go on to play Baseball at either(i heard) Neb. or further south(AZ or AZ state). he has potential to play in the bigs. So his FBall days are probably done.

a couple of Wahpeton boys will be recruited(can't name names)-- but they are players.
North high-- Herzog-(DT/OT) will get some looks from D3,
rommesmo-- parmer both real big guys.
Rommesmo-- NDSU--heard he will sign with them.
Parmer-- also looking at NDSU.

some Smaller school guys will get in-- but will not make the papers so we'll wait to hear more.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Football4ever » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:22 pm

dobberstein first off will never see a rep a quarterback. why? because he is tiny and can't throw the ball farther than 30 yards. Next, i don't believe he is doing the holding either. Cameron did it all last year and i believe is doing it again. He might have a shot to get into a small college for basketball as a PG, but he won't be playing football any more after this year.
Football4ever

Postby Ming01 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:09 pm

randymcdandy wrote:hes already been accepted to the school, he is an amazing left handed qb too...

You don't get recruited to hold!!!
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby BigBlue62 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:07 pm

Football4ever wrote:dobberstein first off will never see a rep a quarterback. why? because he is tiny and can't throw the ball farther than 30 yards. Next, i don't believe he is doing the holding either. Cameron did it all last year and i believe is doing it again. He might have a shot to get into a small college for basketball as a PG, but he won't be playing football any more after this year.

Cameron is starting QB. Dobberstein is doing the holding for this year but is actually a pretty decent QB and can throw farther than Cameron on any given day.
BigBlue62

Postby randymcdandy » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:44 am

i completely agree he has an amazing arm, accuracy on the other hand isnt his high point...NFL potential i dont think so maybe he may be looking at a decent d1 school if he can gain about 6 lbs
randymcdandy

Postby Football4ever » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:33 am

I really don't think you know who Mike dobberstein is. He is not a decent QB by anymeans. A sophomore (Connor Bruns) is the backup behind Cameron. Trust me, I've watched the kid play for the past two years and he seriously can't throw that far. I'll put any amount of money down saying he won't play football for any college next year let alone a "decent D1" school. VCSU isn't even looking at him. Thats' a fact.
Football4ever

Postby NoDakSports » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:35 pm

Sportshound wrote:a couple of Wahpeton boys will be recruited(can't name names)-- but they are players.
North high-- Herzog-(DT/OT) will get some looks from D3,
rommesmo-- parmer both real big guys.
Rommesmo-- NDSU--heard he will sign with them.
Parmer-- also looking at NDSU.

some Smaller school guys will get in-- but will not make the papers so we'll wait to hear more.

Rommesmo and Parmer have no chance of going to NDSU
NoDakSports

Postby BigBlue62 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:43 pm

Amen. All these people that are coming on NDpreps and making false statements are really ruining it for everyone. This once was a place where colleges could maybe get an idea of who really has some talent to show for but it's gotten out of hand now.
BigBlue62

Postby fballfan45 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:23 pm

The only person at Fargo North that is being looked at by NDSU and UND is Ian McGurran.
fballfan45
NDPreps Rookie

Postby carramrod02 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:36 pm

i think we need to just start reporting everyone who post false info, k guys!
carramrod02

Postby rep » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:39 pm

if you look at the posts...there is a triangle sign with an exlamation point in the middle of it... i believe that is the 'report post to moderators' button.

that will help us out quite a bit i think. now i'm waiting for the flood of people hitting it on legit posts.
rep

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:24 pm

rep wrote:if you look at the posts...there is a triangle sign with an exlamation point in the middle of it... i believe that is the 'report post to moderators' button.

that will help us out quite a bit i think. now i'm waiting for the flood of people hitting it on legit posts.

/Reports rep's post
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to AAA