Champion: Fargo Davies (11-1)
RunnerUp: Minot (7-4)

Senior Athlete of the Year: James Johannesson, Fargo South
Coach of the Year: Jason Thielges, Fargo Davies
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2014 Postseason

Postby TheTruthHurts » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:57 pm

Is this for sure and where did you find it? I thought they waited a little later to decide if they would be Friday or Saturday games sometimes especially for the 3 Bismarck schools all possibly needing the Bowl...
TheTruthHurts
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:28 pm

TheTruthHurts wrote:Is this for sure and where did you find it? I thought they waited a little later to decide if they would be Friday or Saturday games sometimes especially for the 3 Bismarck schools all possibly needing the Bowl...

These are the dates given on NDHSAA website...now AAA has a little more leeway to decide between Friday & Saturday and those changes will be marked when decided.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Mandan » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:40 am

See these documents on the NDHSAA web site.

http://www.ndhsaa.com/files/1213_Board_ ... tem_13.pdf
http://www.ndhsaa.com/files/Football_Regulations.pdf

They decided last year to have all AAA playoffs on Friday pretty much permanently from now on. Any conflicts with college football are then always avoided. A situation like Bismarck/Century both hosting becomes a double header. And since only 2 from each region host, you will never have Bismarck, Century, and Legacy (when they start up) host on the same weekend. AA then would play on Saturday, where you have just one team in each town at the most that has to schedule around a potential college game on Saturday. (which would only be Ryan, Trinity and St Marys in the west, when they make the playoffs)
Last edited by Mandan on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mandan » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:42 am

Actually, posted one wrong document. This one has the board approval noted.

http://www.ndhsaa.com/files/1213_Athlet ... w_Fall.pdf
Mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby go maji » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:08 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Friday, October 31st
G1: W4 Dickinson (3-5) @ E1 Fargo Davies (8-1) - 7:00pm
G2: E3 Fargo South (7-2) @ W2 Century (4-4) - 4:30pm (Bowl)
G3: E4 GF Red River (6-3) @ W1 Bismarck (8-0) - 7:30pm (Bowl)
G4: W3 Minot (5-3) @ E2 West Fargo (6-3) - 7:00pm

Friday, November 7th
G5: Winner G1 vs. Winner G2
G6: Winner G3 vs. Winner G4

Friday, November 14th
Championship: Winner G5 vs. Winner G6

The Fargo South game is strange. I could either see a South blowout, or a Century win.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby bisonfaithful » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:43 pm

go maji wrote:

Friday, November 7th

Friday, November 14th

The Fargo South game is strange. I could either see a South blowout, or a Century win.

Souths defense is struggling as of late. Their offense got almost nothing against WF. I think century pulls it out.
bisonfaithful
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mindovermatter » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:40 pm

Why doesn't the Fargo teams play in the dome this week? NDSU doesn't have a game this weekend.
mindovermatter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:28 am

mindovermatter wrote:Why doesn't the Fargo teams play in the dome this week? NDSU doesn't have a game this weekend.

Because the dome is booked. MN Section Playoffs are in the dome Thursday - Saturday for the right to go to State. Plus the weather is supposed to be cooperative this weekend...just a little cooler than this week.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby go maji » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:01 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
mindovermatter wrote:Why doesn't the Fargo teams play in the dome this week? NDSU doesn't have a game this weekend.

Because the dome is booked. MN Section Playoffs are in the dome Thursday - Saturday for the right to go to State. Plus the weather is supposed to be cooperative this weekend...just a little cooler than this week.

So Minnesota teams have first dibs? That's not right.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:02 am

bisonfaithful wrote:
go maji wrote:

Friday, November 7th

Friday, November 14th

Souths defense is struggling as of late. Their offense got almost nothing against WF. I think century pulls it out.

I agree that it is a strange game. Century really pulled out a strong finish to earn the #2 West seed just to play a team that was ranked #1 in the state most of the year. If Century can keep the score down, I think they will win.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:05 am

go maji wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

I have heard that the following for Minnesota football at the playoff levels is larger than even the ND state championships.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby TheTruthHurts » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:38 am

Listen...calm down everyone, this isn't the South team of last year..their offensive line play is poor and why Johanneson isn't close to his numbers of last year, their QB play isn't great, and their defense wasn't good last year but good enough to slow teams down and get stops and this year they aren't. With that being said, they will beat Century by 21 points, but don't expect them to just roll to State like last year.
TheTruthHurts
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:21 am

scoobyx2 wrote:
go maji wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

I have heard that the following for Minnesota football at the playoff levels is larger than even the ND state championships.

Why shouldnt they? They reserved it first knowing that they would be in there no matter what...What happens if two GF teams get the top seeds and the Dome isn't needed?? Maybe the fargo teams want a true home field and play on their own fields. Maybe with all the budget cuts, Fargo isn't willing to pay for the Fargodome...Why shouldn't the Minnesota teams get first dibs. Why should Fargo automatically get first dibs? Its not a Fargo Schools facility. Its a private facility that is there to make money, not accommodate local high school football.....
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HammerTime » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:10 pm

While AAA football is not my area of expertise, I was looking through these boards, and I noticedthe argument over the use of the Fargodome.
I definitely have a problem with Minnesota teams using an out of state facility to host a playoff game. I don't care if it is a private facility wanting to make money. The Minnesota High school association should look at in-state venues to host their own stuff. North Dakota should not have to cater to Minnesota's needs.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:44 pm

HammerTime wrote:While AAA football is not my area of expertise, I was looking through these boards, and I noticedthe argument over the use of the Fargodome.
I definitely have a problem with Minnesota teams using an out of state facility to host a playoff game. I don't care if it is a private facility wanting to make money. The Minnesota High school association should look at in-state venues to host their own stuff. North Dakota should not have to cater to Minnesota's needs.

They do use in-state...the problem is that there isn't a quality site in NW Minnesota to host a bunch of Section Championships. Top-Quality venues are FargoDome & Alerus Center (which happen to be in ND).

Honestly, I don't see the Dome turning down the money involved for the slight chance that a first round ND game MAY need the Dome. Plus the Dome will make so much more money for hosting 2 days of section title games than it would with 1 area FB game.

I'm sure if a Fargo or GF school needed an emergency facility that someone in MN would step up and help...and actually I know its happened many times.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:29 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
HammerTime wrote:While AAA football is not my area of expertise, I was looking through these boards, and I noticedthe argument over the use of the Fargodome.

They do use in-state...the problem is that there isn't a quality site in NW Minnesota to host a bunch of Section Championships. Top-Quality venues are FargoDome & Alerus Center (which happen to be in ND).

Honestly, I don't see the Dome turning down the money involved for the slight chance that a first round ND game MAY need the Dome. Plus the Dome will make so much more money for hosting 2 days of section title games than it would with 1 area FB game.

I'm sure if a Fargo or GF school needed an emergency facility that someone in MN would step up and help...and actually I know its happened many times.

Also, does the hosting team earn money from ticket sales and concessions? I don't think the schools that earn home field advantage would want to lose that opportunity.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby TheTruthHurts » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:07 am

Guys....
1) Who care, the weather will be fine.
2)WF and Davies have never played playoff games there before and I doubt want to.
3)South has only played games there in the past if weather is terrible or it benefited them speed wise...

End of story.
TheTruthHurts
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bisonfaithful » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:31 am

Friday, October 31st

Going out on a limb and picking Century to pull out a win at home. South is coming off of two losses and if Century can control the run the way WF did they will win. I also think Dickinson/Davies might be a contest since Davies struggles on Defending the pass.
Minot will give WF fits just like they did in the opening game of the year. If WF doesn't turn the ball over 4-5 times like they did in the opener they will win.
Bismarck will roll over RR. Not sure anyone can stop that steam engine.
bisonfaithful
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:46 am

Predictions
Fargo Davies: 30-20 (Dickinson gives them all they can handle)
Fargo South: 62-34 (South tries this week)
Bismarck: 52-12 (Bismarck runs through Riders defense)
West Fargo: 21-17 (WF defense controls the game)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby TheSportTruth » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:26 pm

Friday, October 31st

G1 Although Dickinson is a decent team, they are still the weakest team in the playoffs. They might hang early on, but Davies will pull away a win by 3 or 4 TD's. 35-14

G2 Century keeps this close only if Kraft can hit his receivers and breaks a few runs of his own. Century can not stop the run so JJ will get his and more. Century will be Century(not getting the most out of their players)...South wins 40-21.

G3 Red Rivers only chance is to exploit the Demons pass defense as RR had success the first time they played to start the season. However I don't think RR's defense can stop the Demon offense. So unless RR has an amazing pass attack the Demons will win this one. 35-14

G4 West Fargo has the best defense in the East and arguably second only to the Demons in the state. Minot has the weapons to beat WF, but like Century, they have trouble getting the most out of their talent.WF defense will make the play. Minot will squander opportunities and lose to WF. 28-21
Shawn Sanford
Demon fan since 1982
TheSportTruth
NDPreps Starter

Postby TheTruthHurts » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:55 pm

TheSportTruth wrote:Friday, October 31st

G1 Although Dickinson is a decent team, they are still the weakest team in the playoffs. They might hang early on, but Davies will pull away a win by 3 or 4 TD's. 35-14

G2 Century keeps this close only if Kraft can hit his receivers and breaks a few runs of his own. Century can not stop the run so JJ will get his and more. Century will be Century(not getting the most out of their players)...South wins 40-21.

G3 Red Rivers only chance is to exploit the Demons pass defense as RR had success the first time they played to start the season. However I don't think RR's defense can stop the Demon offense. So unless RR has an amazing pass attack the Demons will win this one. 35-14

G4 West Fargo has the best defense in the East and arguably second only to the Demons in the state. Minot has the weapons to beat WF, but like Century, they have trouble getting the most out of their talent.WF defense will make the play. Minot will squander opportunities and lose to WF. 28-21

The truth hurts sometimes and these are the best and most accurate descriptions I've seen.

To the guy who said Davies struggles with the pass..what does that have to do with Dickinson? They aren't even top 6 in the west for passing yards or passing TD's? It's a pistol offense of spread and read option. Minot and Century both seem to have problems getting the most out of their talent and I believe they will both go down in the opening rounds too. Crazy to think that South should have lost to Red River this season too if not for some late game heroics of Double J and they would actually be the 4 seed traveling to play Bismarck High instead... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
TheTruthHurts
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bisonfaithful » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:12 pm

TheTruthHurts wrote:
TheSportTruth wrote:Friday, October 31st

The truth hurts sometimes and these are the best and most accurate descriptions I've seen.

To the guy who said Davies struggles with the pass..what does that have to do with Dickinson? They aren't even top 6 in the west for passing yards or passing TD's? It's a pistol offense of spread and read option. Minot and Century both seem to have problems getting the most out of their talent and I believe they will both go down in the opening rounds too. Crazy to think that South should have lost to Red River this season too if not for some late game heroics of Double J and they would actually be the 4 seed traveling to play Bismarck High instead... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am the guy who said Davies struggles against the pass. I don't know anything about Dickinson's offense but i just assumed they had some type of passing game with their WR (Blackwell?) that is committed to UND this year. If they can't pass then they are screwed.
bisonfaithful
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:48 pm

Baller wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:
go maji wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Why shouldnt they? They reserved it first knowing that they would be in there no matter what...What happens if two GF teams get the top seeds and the Dome isn't needed?? Maybe the fargo teams want a true home field and play on their own fields. Maybe with all the budget cuts, Fargo isn't willing to pay for the Fargodome...Why shouldn't the Minnesota teams get first dibs. Why should Fargo automatically get first dibs? Its not a Fargo Schools facility. Its a private facility that is there to make money, not accommodate local high school football.....

Look at it this way, it's a great recuiting tool, without the official visit. Full access to all the facilities, what a way to open the eyes for the few that considering NDSU...
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:50 pm

I see Bismarck and Davies in the championship with the nod going to Davies...
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to AAA