mindovermatter wrote:
TheTruthHurts wrote:
Wild Wolves wrote:From the West:
Defense:
Danelson;Minot, Schmaltz: DHS, Ford: BHS Areneson from Williston
Thought both ends from Mandan were cery good Bandish and Miller
Interior guys are hard to choose:
Corners: #3 from DHS and #15 at Safty

Bismarck is the best defense in the state and west, Minot probably 3rd in state, 2nd in West and you're going to pick 1 guy from each but 3 from Dickinson (one of the worst in the state)?!?! Bismarck should have 2 to 3 LB's and 2 DL for sure and Minot should have 2 to 3 DB's and 2 LB'S also...I hope you just haven't watched much from these teams or are from Dickinson. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Are you talking about the player #3 from Dickinson is one of the worst players in the state or what are you trying to say that the players from Dickinson are bad?

His statement is that Dickinson's Defense is poor compared to Bismarck & Minot and that there shouldn't be more players making All-State from Dickinson then Bismarck & Minot on D.

Bismarck & Minot will have their fair share of players on the All-State 1st Team...All-State 2nd Team will have plenty of Dickinson players (among other teams...Dickinson will get someone on 1st Team though IMO).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2014 All State candidates

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:10 pm

I am not saying Dickinson is great as a team. They have three good defensive players in my view...defense as a team not good.

Minot will not have 2-3 three d backs all-state...they will have one Mack.
They will have 2 LB's as will BHS......but everyone knows those guys.....Marler/Danelson and Seibel/Ford

And sorry it is Arndt not Arneson from Williston.

Other guys at LB..Love should be mentioned along with Delzer from Century, heck Leingang from Mandan had a decent season from what I have heard/read/watched.

I couldn't name a DL guy because I watch the ball and unless they are sacking someone I don't notice them. I have heard others mention Thomas from BHS and Mitzel from CHS but I don't know a single DL guy from Minot/Dickinson/Jamestown and just the ends from Mandan.

So....and to clarify there is a first team and honorable mention, no second team for all conference.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby mindovermatter » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:28 pm

Wild Wolves wrote:I am not saying Dickinson is great as a team. They have three good defensive players in my view...defense as a team not good.

Minot will not have 2-3 three d backs all-state...they will have one Mack.
They will have 2 LB's as will BHS......but everyone knows those guys.....Marler/Danelson and Seibel/Ford

And sorry it is Arndt not Arneson from Williston.

Other guys at LB..Love should be mentioned along with Delzer from Century, heck Leingang from Mandan had a decent season from what I have heard/read/watched.

I couldn't name a DL guy because I watch the ball and unless they are sacking someone I don't notice them. I have heard others mention Thomas from BHS and Mitzel from CHS but I don't know a single DL guy from Minot/Dickinson/Jamestown and just the ends from Mandan.

So....and to clarify there is a first team and honorable mention, no second team for all conference.

Who are you thinking the top 4 in the west for DB's is?
mindovermatter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:20 pm

Twist/Mack/Nagurski (CHS)/ and then the Mandan kid of the week....I got to see them twice and I thought both their corners were solid and free safety was skinny but came up and hit. I want to say either #6, 8 or 9 (their jerseys sucked) #11 Meske and #17 Zittleman.....I think if Jamestown kid would have played all year he would be in the conversation.

Then Heckamen....didn't really notice any BHS d backs.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby mindovermatter » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:38 pm

Wild Wolves wrote:Twist/Mack/Nagurski (CHS)/ and then the Mandan kid of the week....I got to see them twice and I thought both their corners were solid and free safety was skinny but came up and hit. I want to say either #6, 8 or 9 (their jerseys sucked) #11 Meske and #17 Zittleman.....I think if Jamestown kid would have played all year he would be in the conversation.

Then Heckamen....didn't really notice any BHS d backs.

Are you saying Twist, Mack, and Nagurski for sure in the west?
And I would have to after with you on those three but not heckaman. He doesn't has as many tackles compared to the other DBs.
mindovermatter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby go maji » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:10 am

go maji wrote:

How about Austin Burllison (sorry about the spelling) at DT from Minot? He was a beast inside. Also Lund was solid at DE.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:23 am

Yep on the top three...

Heckamen made several big plays in the game I watched....just a snap shot of the season.

The fourth is tough...Mandan DB's kind of trump each other hard to choose the best one.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:11 pm

How about offense?

RB- Gorney and Ford distant 3rd/4th Dvorak and Miller
QB- What a varied group of athletes
Gibson- pro-style passer and tough to tackle
Bolinski- wild card, extrended plays, athletic didn't make many bad decisions
Kraft- became a much better passer as he got more reps, best runner by far
Monson- toughest of the bunch, made plays, despite getting beat up on a regular basis...did more with less
WR- Blackwell and Tharoldson and Anderson- I don't know if they do a TE spot but he would be fine here too

OL- yep not a clue.....couple from BHS, Minot and one from Dickinson one from Century
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfootball14 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:39 pm

How about the east? all of this talk from the west and nothing from the east. it does say all state, not all conference
ndfootball14
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Well I don't know many from the east.
Haven't seen West Fargo, Davies. North, DL, and Red River against BHS is hard to judge.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:35 am

Danelson was a wrecking crew yesterday! He disrupted nearly every Demons play. I have seen posts questioning play calling....You can't play call against an athlete that plays that determined to destroy your offense and skilled enough to make it happen.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby MHSFan50 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:56 am

This was a total team effort that resulted in the win. Danelson played a great game. Mitzel's interception was pivotal. Picard was in on a number of plays. Lund got up in the air and had a couple nice batted balls at D-end and held his edge well, and the LB's filled nicely. Offensively, the line handled the blitz pretty well. Nice to see some screen passes to use their blitz against them. None bigger than the screen to Mack to seal the game. Duttenhefer had a huge 4th down catch. Lund had some nice grabs as well, one of them a really good catch in middle of the field against tight coverage. Great team win for these boys. Well-deserved.
MHSFan50
NDPreps Reserve

Postby go maji » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:56 am

MHSFan50 wrote:This was a total team effort that resulted in the win. Danelson played a great game. Mitzel's interception was pivotal. Picard was in on a number of plays. Lund got up in the air and had a couple nice batted balls at D-end and held his edge well, and the LB's filled nicely. Offensively, the line handled the blitz pretty well. Nice to see some screen passes to use their blitz against them. None bigger than the screen to Mack to seal the game. Duttenhefer had a huge 4th down catch. Lund had some nice grabs as well, one of them a really good catch in middle of the field against tight coverage. Great team win for these boys. Well-deserved.

I heard the Minot fans out-numbered the Bismarck fans. Is that true?.
I also heard that there were quite a bit of students there.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby MHSFan50 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:14 am

go maji wrote:
MHSFan50 wrote:This was a total team effort that resulted in the win. Danelson played a great game. Mitzel's interception was pivotal. Picard was in on a number of plays. Lund got up in the air and had a couple nice batted balls at D-end and held his edge well, and the LB's filled nicely. Offensively, the line handled the blitz pretty well. Nice to see some screen passes to use their blitz against them. None bigger than the screen to Mack to seal the game. Duttenhefer had a huge 4th down catch. Lund had some nice grabs as well, one of them a really good catch in middle of the field against tight coverage. Great team win for these boys. Well-deserved.

I would say that Minot fans outnumbered BHS fans. Great student support as well. The fans were very loud and involved in this game.
MHSFan50
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:15 pm

MHSFan50 wrote:
go maji wrote:

I would say that Minot fans outnumbered BHS fans. Great student support as well. The fans were very loud and involved in this game.

I thought the numbers were pretty even, but the Minot student section did a nice job showing up and cheering on their team.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby impartialFBfan » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:54 pm

MHS defense was outstanding as a unit. Danelson,Mack,Bloms were all outstanding. Danelson needs to get more carries at FB. HES A TANK. He should also be leading Gorney through holes. Mack had a dandy game on both sides of the ball. He too needs more touches. Good things happen when he has the ball. Offense was solid. They took care of the ball and held some drives together and put up some points.
BHS never got In a rhythm after the half. Credit to minot.
Should be a good FB game in GF.
impartialFBfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby MHSFan50 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:33 pm

impartialFBfan wrote:MHS defense was outstanding as a unit. Danelson,Mack,Bloms were all outstanding. Danelson needs to get more carries at FB. HES A TANK. He should also be leading Gorney through holes. Mack had a dandy game on both sides of the ball. He too needs more touches. Good things happen when he has the ball. Offense was solid. They took care of the ball and held some drives together and put up some points.
BHS never got In a rhythm after the half. Credit to minot.
Should be a good FB game in GF.

Minot did a great job of mixing the run with the pass. Diversifying the offense kept Bismarck guessing a little. They used the screen effectively against the blitz, and on the longer passing plays the line did a decent job of giving Bolinske time to throw. He had to scramble a little but overall handled it well. According to the Bismarck paper, Lund hauled in just over 50% of Minot's total passing yards. Nice to see him getting some touches as the season goes on. If they are successful passing the ball against Davies, it will open up the run game for Gorney, Danelson and Mack to make something happen, and vice versa. Defensibely, the line did their job the majority of the time. The ends held their edges pretty well and the LB's filled their gaps. Lund had a couple batted balls on the end, and Danelson was at the top of his game. I thought the DB's did a good job against Tharaldson and the other receivers, limiting their opportunities to make plays. Bischoff, Mitzel and Mack played great pass defense.
MHSFan50
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfootball14 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:53 pm

When do they post the all conference and all state teams
ndfootball14
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:36 pm

probably after Dakota Bowl
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King