possible all staters?

The teams in Class AAA

possible all staters?

Postby waveman21 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:37 pm

What skill positions are going to make the all state votes this year?
waveman21
NDPreps Rookie

Re: possible all staters?

Postby NDbballfan54 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:23 pm

That one Running back from century I cant think of his name, but man he runs hard.
He who takes out trash. Takes out trash
NDbballfan54
NDPreps Rookie

Postby buck-commander » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:11 am

the ten seniors from Davies should be considered, look what they brought the program to. a co-conference title and a home playoff game. all ten of those kids should make it or be highly considered for the all state team.
buck-commander
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Linebacker48 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:00 pm

That is a completely unrealistic statement.
Linebacker48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby End90 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:38 pm

Linebacker48 - I Agree
End90
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonfaithful » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:44 am

)&
Last edited by bisonfaithful on Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
bisonfaithful
NDPreps Reserve

Postby observer » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:10 am

buck-commander wrote:the ten seniors from Davies should be considered, look what they brought the program to. a co-conference title and a home playoff game. all ten of those kids should make it or be highly considered for the all state team.

What? They lost in the quarterfinals of the STATE playoffs (that means they are in the top 50% of class AAA)...maybe all conference would be a more realistic statement for most of them at best. Granted a few could be considered for all state, but all ten, NOT.

Does that mean all 44 starting spots for Bismarck High or Fargo South should be all state? After all, they ARE playing for the state title. The football world is much larger than Fargo Davies 10 seniors, no offense intended.

Davies HAS come a long way in a short time athletically, they have had many successes already in extra-curricular events but c'mon.
observer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NorthShore » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Since you asked about skill positions, here's my take on teams and best skill position players from the west.
Receivers (3): Skabo Dickinson, Kinchen Minot, Tharaldson Bismarck
Running Backs (2): Galindo Bismarck, Lampert Minot
QuarterBack (1): flip a coin between Feeney Century, Bolinske Minot, and Gibson Bismarck

Little doubt about best RB from the east, Davies & South have top receivers, and best QBs I saw were from Davies and Red River.
NorthShore
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sportslover » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:04 pm

NorthShore wrote:Since you asked about skill positions, here's my take on teams and best skill position players from the west.
Receivers (3): Skabo Dickinson, Kinchen Minot, Tharaldson Bismarck
Running Backs (2): Galindo Bismarck, Lampert Minot
QuarterBack (1): flip a coin between Feeney Century, Bolinske Minot, and Gibson Bismarck

Little doubt about best RB from the east, Davies & South have top receivers, and best QBs I saw were from Davies and Red River.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but can galindo be an all-stater due to his earlier suspension? Just wondering...
Sportslover
NDPreps Rookie

Postby southpaw32 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:39 am

I consider D-Back a skill position. That being said, If Dallas Raftevold isn't all-state, something's wrong. He is the heart and soul of Fargo South's defense. And with South making it to the Championship game, that even adds to the case. Great kid. Very deserving.
southpaw32
NDPreps Rookie

Postby SportshoundND » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:25 pm

southpaw32---no kidding. I would agree that Raftevold from South is an easy pick...Why are thinking that he wouldn't be picked?--your statement: "That being said, If Dallas Raftevold isn't all-state, something's wrong."
Do you already know who is and isn't a pick for All-State?
just guessing here, but BHS and South will probably have 6-7x all-staters each...
Minot a few, Century a few, WF, Jamestown, GFRR will also have a few (4-5 each)
Davies, Mandan, Dickinson, North, Devils Lake, probably will get 2-3 players.
Williston, GFCentral maybe 1-2 players if any.
It is Just the way things shake out. Top teams obviously have the most Good players. That is why they are in the play-offs.
SportshoundND
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDfootball » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:10 pm

what about the other raftevold twin? I hear he's having a good year also
NDfootball
NDPreps Rookie

Return to AAA