Your team...your comments...week three.

The teams in Class AAA

Your team...your comments...week three.

Postby TheSportTruth » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:09 am

A word of caution to anybody who hasn't played Jamestown yet...these are NOT your Bluejays of recent years. This team is well coached. This team has a good number of athletes. This team will bite your team in the backside if you take them lightly. The Bluejays have guys that like contact. Their running back does not need much room to maneuver and in open field he is very good. Their quarterback was also pretty good. The Bluejays biggest issue is that they play to many guys both ways. It was only a matter of time(in my opinion) that the Demons would wear them down and take full control of the game. And that was exactly what happened, 14-7 Demons at halftime, the Bluejays had just 31 total yards the second half as the Demons pulled away. As for the Demons, this was their best game so far this year. The line played better, Hayden Gibson looked more comfortable as quarterback, and the defense seemed a lot more intense than the last two weeks.

In visiting with others about other west games, it was said that Dickinson is a lot like Jamestown in that you had better not take them lightly. Dickinson plays pretty good defense....offense had trouble getting on track though. Looking forward to Homecoming with Dickinson next week.
Shawn Sanford
Demon fan since 1982
TheSportTruth
NDPreps Starter

Re: Your team...your comments...week three.

Postby bighouse » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:17 pm

I agree with you. Dickinson stuck it to century on defense, in fact they scored first. They need a little work on there run blocking. They just have to many people going both ways, but I think with the right motivation it might be a dog fight for four quarters.
bighouse
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportslover » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:56 am

bighouse wrote:I agree with you. Dickinson stuck it to century on defense, in fact they scored first. They need a little work on there run blocking. They just have to many people going both ways, but I think with the right motivation it might be a dog fight for four quarters.

Century ran the ball for 250 yards... The qb had his first bad game and he's just a sophomore... Give them a break
Sportslover
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bighouse » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:35 pm

Give them a break? There ranked second in the state and we are talking about two tteams that aren't suppose to compete with these top teams. How about giving Jamestown and Dickinson a break, or maybe a little credit for getting better this off season.
bighouse
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportslover » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:11 pm

bighouse wrote:Give them a break? There ranked second in the state and we are talking about two tteams that aren't suppose to compete with these top teams. How about giving Jamestown and Dickinson a break, or maybe a little credit for getting better this off season.

They scored when they got the ball on the century 15... Century dominated the game. 23-3 is not a close game especially when the better team gives the ball up 3 times and has a blocked punt. Somehow century's offense is bad now even though they put up 37 points against Souths defense a week ago?
Sportslover
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bighouse » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:52 pm

At some point you are trying to twist what I said. I never said at any point that century had a bad offense. I just said Dickinson's defense has gotten better. Also they scored 37 on south but also gave up 36. Its funny how people get temperamental when talking about the Bismarck teams, but its OK to say every other team not cool.
bighouse
NDPreps Starter

Postby qwarterback » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:14 am

Giving up the ball 3 times and getting a punt blocked are part of the game. Holdiing onto the ball is important. And there are many a game where special teams have been a deciding factor.
Dickinson and Jamestown are improved teams, just not very deep and therefore putting a lot of the same players on both sides of the ball. That is hard and played out that way for Jamestown in Friday nights second half.
As for the perenial top dogs, the season is young, lots of things can happen and in high school sports that is a big part of the game.
qwarterback
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bighouse » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:30 am

I wanted to comment on something before the games start tonight. I was reading the Bismarck paper and noticed they have individual stats. I seen Dickinsons quarterback was leading in passing yards and one of there rreceivers are leading in receiving yards. That's great, Dickinson improved there pass game. I also noticed they didn't have one pperson in the top ten for rushing yards? You have a 2 time all conference, 1 time all state running back who was fourth in rushing in the WDA and was second in yards per carry behind only Layn Johs. There is a reason BHS, Century, and Fargo South win, they can run the ball. If you want to win you better work on your run game DHS.
bighouse
NDPreps Starter

Return to AAA