Breakthrough

The teams in Class AAA

Breakthrough

Postby go maji » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:37 pm

Does anybody think Minot can breakthrough this year and beat either Century OR Bismarck for the first time in many years?
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Re: Breakthrough

Postby NorthShore » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:18 pm

Last couple of games with Century have been close and since they probably play in Minot next year, maybe. Not sure anyone beats the Bismarck High football machine for a while.
NorthShore
NDPreps Reserve

Postby go maji » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:18 pm

I think Minot has a chance to beat Bismarck in 2 years. That year Ben Bolinske and Braydon Lund will both be Juniors. Lund reminds me alot of Andrew Oakland. I think this combo could do some great things.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby YourCrazy00 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:58 am

Bismarck will have a large senior class in 2015 when Ben and Braydon are juniors, I personally don't think they have the slightest chance. That 2015 group from Bismarck haven't lost a game since they were respectively going up against one another in middle school. Bismarck High has truly formed a football army and I think it will take heavy artillery to bring them down. A 4 peat isn't completely out of the question...
YourCrazy00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PhillipRivers » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:06 pm

Minot has a chance this coming year. I say that because BHS is losing some big players. Minot though, still losing a few players, has a lot of returners. My only question is how will minots line be?
But BHS has a lot of players that can replace there seniors.
this one is a coin flip
PhillipRivers
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lazer » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:17 pm

Minot returns a lot of important players, but BHS always has back up. I agree with PhillipRivers its a coinflip.
lazer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby YourCrazy00 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:06 pm

Minot may have more returning players for this year, but the only way I see it being a "coinflip," type of situation is if minots seniors can manage to close up a 42-point gap... I don't think they will schedule bismarck high for homecoming this year..
YourCrazy00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fbuknow » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:29 am

Minot will have a breakthrough if the players are coached up to the competition foremost, and secondly, if a gameplan is built around the weapons they have and utilized appropriately. The big issue is when they run a particular offensive scheme in which the Demons crush with a 9 men in the box advantage, given that the O line is not anywhere near it was 2 years ago. If Minot goes into a spread, they will dicate to the defense what they can and cannot do, and will make it more difficult for the demons to defend. It's a numbers game. I'll take a one on one situation breakdown versus going head on against 3 demons.
fbuknow
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:48 am

For Minot to have a breakthrough they have to get a reciever core that isn't afraid to get hit and that will catch the ball. Then the spread will work. The past 2-3 yrs the recievers have dropped so many passes that hit their hands and drop them or are afraid of taking a hit. If you are going to get hit (and you will in football) might as well make it worth while and catch the ball. Until then, Minot will not have a breakthrough, because teams will play 9 in the box and stop the run and Minot has a good run team but need to get the passing game going and going soon.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Return to AAA