2012 Playoffs - CHAMPIONSHIP

The teams in Class AAA

Re: 2012 Playoffs - CHAMPIONSHIP

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Mighty-Mouse wrote:Does anyone feel BHS pulled up during the game and just enjoyed the championship in the 2nd quarter? I truely felt BHS could of scored more but they were held back and was just enjoying the game.

I don't know...it looked like Century came to play (especially defensively). In the 2nd half, though, it looked like Bismarck cruised with the lead they had.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:13 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Mighty-Mouse wrote:Does anyone feel BHS pulled up during the game and just enjoyed the championship in the 2nd quarter? I truely felt BHS could of scored more but they were held back and was just enjoying the game.

I don't know...it looked like Century came to play (especially defensively). In the 2nd half, though, it looked like Bismarck cruised with the lead they had.

Centruy did come to play and played very well. As good as anyone could against BHS but, BHS IMO is on a different level then the rest of ND football right now. As I've said earlies, they have depth, upon depth, upon depth, they are 3-4 deep in their posistions all the time. When you have Soph getting good Varsity minutes, there is depth and they can set the cruise and enjoy the game.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndpreps00 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Bismarck did have a touchdown called back and later on had a big play that put them in the redzone called back and both were kind of iffy calls and both drives were stalled then because of the penalties. Give Century some credit for holding BHS back a little bit, but this game truly should of been AT LEAST a 35-0 game. Again I do give Century some credit, but I do agree that BHS kind of let up on them and really had they gone hard all game could of made it a really ugly game.
ndpreps00
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:00 am

Century does deserve credit, they had a very hard road to make it to the championship game, and they played their hearts out.

Not taking anything away from Century, they are a good team that got stronger as the year went on but as I've said before Bismarck is on a whole different playing field then the rest of ND teams. They have a system is place where they just keep chugging out player after player. Look at the players that have switchs positions(and good players) just to get playing time. It great to see them switching so many young men out and getting playing time and nothing really changes for them. One back goes down and another steps up and takes his place. They just keep producing.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby TheSportTruth » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:27 pm

Congrats to Century and BHS for making the championship game. As a longtime youth football coach in Bismarck, it is nice to see kids I have coached and coached against playing in the championship. Since the game last Friday, I have talked to coaches from both programs about next year football. Century tells me it is to early to be thinking about next year beings this year just got over. The Demons tell me workouts start next Monday for those that are not playing winter sports. It is no wonder the Demons seem to be the team to beat each year...their season never ends. Again, congrats to Century and the Demons, always fun to watch good football.
Shawn Sanford
Demon fan since 1982
TheSportTruth
NDPreps Starter

Postby go maji » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:54 pm

TheSportTruth wrote: The Demons tell me workouts start next Monday for those that are not playing winter sports.

Minot does this too.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:49 am

go maji wrote:
TheSportTruth wrote: The Demons tell me workouts start next Monday for those that are not playing winter sports.

Minot does this too.

I don't think this is uncommon
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to AAA