Best In Game Atmosphere For AAA Teams

The teams in Class AAA

Best In Game Atmosphere For AAA Teams

Postby MHSmagi » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:06 pm

What fields are the Favorites and which ones are the least favorites? My opinion is Mandan is my favorite atmosphere when it is a full crowd and Jamestown is the least favorite. The EDC ones are nice but all too similar if I must say so myself.
MHSmagi
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Best In Game Atmosphere For AAA Teams

Postby go maji » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:25 pm

I agree. Mandan, Minot, and the comutity bowl are the tops in the state. The most overrated field probably has to be Fargo South. I have been there for a few playoff games (when they were good), and sometimes the road crowd was louder than the home crowd. Also, the stands are very small (for being the largest school in the state) and they are far away from the field.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby MHSmagi » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:22 pm

South's bleachers are just as far away as any other field that has a track...Minot, Community Bowl, Davies, Dickinson, South, etc. As for South's size they aren't the largest school in the state either. Minot, West Fargo, Davies, Red River, BHS, and CHS are all LARGER schools. As for Minot, I would say it has the nicest view, but it doesn't take much wind to make it a seemingly windy night up on that hill.
MHSmagi
NDPreps Reserve

Postby go maji » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:50 pm

MHSmagi wrote:... As for South's size they aren't the largest school in the state either. Minot, West Fargo, Davies, Red River, BHS, and CHS are all LARGER schools.

I must of been thinking of South before the split. Sorry about that.

It must have the illusion of being farther way because of how low the stands are.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby bighouse » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:18 pm

I think mandan has a good atmosphere, but I like how close you are to the field in Jamestown. Dickinson field is set up nice also
bighouse
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Haven't been there in awhile so it may of changed, but I hated South's setup. One set of bleachers that face west, so stupid.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby MHSmagi » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:05 pm

I would like to see dickinson's stadium when it is filled up. Fargo North is also good one for fans. Since there isn't a track I like how you are so close.
MHSmagi
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:14 pm

IMO what makes a great atosphere is the rivaries, when the fans get into the game from both sides.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby bighouse » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:34 am

I agree, I would of liked to of been in mandan last year for there game against BHS. I bet the atmosphere was unreal
bighouse
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:04 pm

I agree about Fargo South being a poor football layout. It is impossible to watch a game in the early evening with the stands facing west. The track with the jumping pits in front of the stands make the field much farther away from the fans than any stadium in the state. I think when this stadium was built it was built for track first and football second. I for one wish the Fargo Schools would play some games in the Fargodome but Im sure they dont to save money.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to AAA