Bismarck (3-0) @ Century (3-0)
Minot (3-0) @ Mandan (3-0)
Jamestown (0-3) @ Dickinson (1-2)

Y.T.D.: 17-7
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Week 4

Postby beast_mode » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Better game this week - Minot at Mandan (Mandans homecoming) or BHS at Century??

I personally think the BHS and Century game will be more exciting.

Mandan will win big and BHS will get the edge over Century.
Last edited by beast_mode on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beast_mode
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:12 pm

Bismarck @ Century's rivalry game will be better than Mandan/Minot game. I, however, don't think Minot will get blown out (could be a high scoring game IMO).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:03 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Friday, September 16th

GF Red River (2-1) @ Fargo Davies (1-2)
Fargo South (0-3) @ GF Central (0-3)
Devils Lake (1-2) @ Fargo North (2-1)
West Fargo (0-3) @ Williston (1-2)
Bismarck (3-0) @ Century (3-0)
Minot (3-0) @ Mandan (3-0)

Y.T.D.: 17-7

Run, I like your picks. I think Mandan will beat Minot by 17. Mandan will send a message with this "W."
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby go maji » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:16 pm

You underestimated one thing, Minot's HUGE lines will be the difference. Coyle hasn't faced a D-line like Minot's. If Minot's O-line does as well as they did in the fist three weeks, Yanosko should have a field day.
Minot's size is what propelled them in those games.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby beast_mode » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:49 pm

go maji wrote:You underestimated one thing, Minot's HUGE lines will be the difference. Coyle hasn't faced a D-line like Minot's. If Minot's O-line does as well as they did in the fist three weeks, Yanosko should have a field day.
Minot's size is what propelled them in those games.

Actually if you forgot, Coyle was starting LAST YEAR and he played against a BHS and CHS D-line that are as good or probably even better than Minots this year.
beast_mode
NDPreps Rookie

Postby go maji » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:11 pm

I am talking about this year so far.
How did he do against those lines last year?
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby osu12 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:29 pm

go maji wrote:I am talking about this year so far.
How did he do against those lines last year?

He went 16-25 for 358 yards and 3TDs at BHS last year.
osu12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:49 am

#5 GF Red River (2-1) @ Fargo Davies (1-2)
Devils Lake (1-2) @ RV Fargo North (2-1)
West Fargo (0-3) @ RV Williston (1-2)
#1 Bismarck (3-0) @ #2 Century (3-0) **Game of the Week #1**
#4 Minot (3-0) @ #3 Mandan (3-0) **Game of the Week #2**
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:22 am

lovwatchingsports wrote:

#5 GF Red River (2-1) @ Fargo Davies (1-2)
Devils Lake (1-2) @ RV Fargo North (2-1)
West Fargo (0-3) @ RV Williston (1-2)
#1 Bismarck (3-0) @ #2 Century (3-0) **Game of the Week #1**
#4 Minot (3-0) @ #3 Mandan (3-0) **Game of the Week #2**

So two of the unbeaten will be beaten after this Fri night. The top 4 shouldn't change to much in the polls.
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby go maji » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:38 am

I am going to the Minot @ Mandan game. Is it at 6:30 or 7:00, I've seen it both ways.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby braves84 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:15 pm

my observations after tonights games, mandans defense is better than anybody gives them credit for: minot basically had one drive the whole game and that was in the 1st half when they got thier only touchdown otherwise they did pretty much nothing something like 30 total yards in the 2nd half, and 140 for thegame. mandan's offense didn't do hardly anything in the 1st haf either but in the second half the seemed to find some kind of tempo between the run and the pass, and that was enough with the defensive touchdowns to be enough. the other game between century and bismarck was one that century proved they couldn't stop the run especially when it counted even when bismarck had the back-up qb in the game and was basically no threat to even pass the ball they just ran it down century's throat, gotta give bismarck credit they knew what they had to do and did it very well. after tonight it's not even close who the two top teams are and they play the last game of the year in mandan.
braves84
NDPreps Reserve

Postby go maji » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:13 pm

The Minot Mandan game was really closer than the score. Scoreless after 1 quarter. Minot scored first. Then Mandan scored at the end of the 1sthalf, missed the 2 pt conversion (they went for it all night). Minot fumbled and Mandan picked it up and ran it back for a touchdown. Minot fumbled in their own endzone, and Mandan jumped on it for a touchdown. Minot threw INT, which led to a Coyle rush TD . Coyle threw 2 INT's. Mandan had to have 10 penalties.

In summary , with out the turnovers, this would have been a much closer game.

Mandan really only had 1 possession on offense that led to a touchdown
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby go maji » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:18 pm

Fargo south 0-4. WOW!
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby packattack28 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:15 am

go maji wrote:The Minot Mandan game was really closer than the score. Scoreless after 1 quarter. Minot scored first. Then Mandan scored at the end of the 1sthalf, missed the 2 pt conversion (they went for it all night). Minot fumbled and Mandan picked it up and ran it back for a touchdown. Minot fumbled in their own endzone, and Mandan jumped on it for a touchdown. Minot threw INT, which led to a Coyle rush TD . Coyle threw 2 INT's. Mandan had to have 10 penalties.

In summary , with out the turnovers, this would have been a much closer game.

Mandan really only had 1 possession on offense that led to a touchdown

You can't say with out turnovers this would have been a much closer game, because its apart of the game. That's like saying if mandans coyle and westby didn't score on offense the game would have been a lot closer. Its obvisouly a givin it would have been closer. I'm not trying to start an arguement, but I believe I speak for a lot of people when I say go maji is getting rather annoying when they talk about minot. They lost tonight fair and square, actually got pushed around pretty good, and yet maji has to find excuses.
packattack28
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:56 am

Mandan's defense creates turnovers. I think Minot is a good enough team that wouldn't just turnover the ball w/o a strong defense causing it. It will be a battle for 3rd between CHS and Minot.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby braves84 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:06 am

serious question here; is the edc side of the state really that down in talent that year, compared the scores against the west competion and than so far against each other, it doesn't seem they have much other than w.fargo who last nite went out to williston and won, would have to be tough to sit in a bus for 6 hrs. and than play a football game later so congrats to them, that beng said willistons' is probably only the 5th best team in the west so take from that what you will.
not trying to start anything but after seeing mandan and bismarck beat dl by something combined 88-7 than dl goes out and beats fargo north handily, and the north coach basically said they couldn't match up with the talent dl has kind of makes you wonder what the talent gap really is between the west and east. i personally think the top teams in the state are bismarck, mandan, century... after that it's anybody's guess.
braves84
NDPreps Reserve

Postby go maji » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:04 pm

pack attack and scooby, were you at that game? Minot could run it when ever they wanted, and those turnovers
were self-imposed (fumbled snap ect.). The only reason they didn't have that many passing yards is because they ran almost every play. Second, Minot's defense played okay, they contained the run and the deep pass pretty good. It's those medium passes that realy hurt them. Because Mandan scored on only one possesion that was started with a Minot turnover.

I'm not saying that minot would have won that game, but if Minot didn't make those mental mistakes it would have been closer. These teams are much more evenly matched than 28-7. And besides how far in the playoffs can you get with out a kicker(field goals, extra points, ect). Quit hatin.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby MHSmagi » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:30 pm

go magi-
I love minot just as much as you otherwise my name wouldn't be mhsmagi, but you have to look outside of minot. They aren't the best team in the state right now and they got dominated the whole second half last night. Sure Minot's offense gave the game away with the turnovers but Mandan played a great second half. Minot was getting stopped almost every time they tried to run in the 2nd half also. Come playoff time though, I expect Minot to be much better. People thought Minot would get crushed by South last year in round one and they only lost 10-21 in a close game.
MHSmagi
NDPreps Reserve

Postby riders01 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:33 am

go maji wrote:pack attack and scooby, were you at that game? Minot could run it when ever they wanted, and those turnovers
were self-imposed (fumbled snap ect.). The only reason they didn't have that many passing yards is because they ran almost every play. Second, Minot's defense played okay, they contained the run and the deep pass pretty good. It's those medium passes that realy hurt them. Because Mandan scored on only one possesion that was started with a Minot turnover.

I'm not saying that minot would have won that game, but if Minot didn't make those mental mistakes it would have been closer. These teams are much more evenly matched than 28-7. And besides how far in the playoffs can you get with out a kicker(field goals, extra points, ect). Quit hatin.

Minot 2nd half stats: 14 plays for 23 yards. And i'm pretty sure going without kickin an extra point or field goal wasnt that crucial because they won by 21
riders01
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:06 pm

go maji wrote:Minot could run it when ever they wanted, and those turnovers
were self-imposed (fumbled snap ect.). The only reason they didn't have that many passing yards is because they ran almost every play.

They had 140 rushing yards on 35 carries, 4 yards a carry. Pretty decent, but it's not running it whenever they wanted. It's decent numbers, not great. Running every play wasn't what caused them not to have many passing yards, that was caused from them completing 1 pass for 4 yards. Yanosko was 1-7 for 4 yards with a pick. Think about those passing stats for a minute. You can't honestly tell me that their passing game was anything but pathetic that game. You won't beat a decent team throwing for 4 yards. I also don't get why they only attempted 7 passes when they were down 21. At some point, you have to throw to try and come back.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:19 pm

go maji wrote:pack attack and scooby, were you at that game? Minot could run it when ever they wanted, and those turnovers

I don't hate Minot at all. I just think Mandan did enough to claim the win, and right now is the better team.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:33 am

Maji, this is what I was talking to you about earlier by not bringing this down on Minot. Your talk just over loaded your.... :shock: Maji, you have brought the hate down on Minot and yourself.

I'm a Magi fan, a die hard Magi fan but I look realistic at other teams as well as Minot. I will give an opinion from what I know and from what I see. Not just an opinion, that I have blinders on from Minot but from the WDA because that's what I know.

Minot is a good team and just that, a good team. They aren't great, just good! I was not at the game but I talked to baller45 after the game and he told me the highlights. Just as Minot, with their mental mistakes, as you put it, lost. Mandan was the better team on Fri night, mental mistakes are a part of all games. It's just who can captalize the most on the mistakes, win the games.
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Return to AAA