Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter vs Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter vs Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

Postby Flip » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:55 pm

DCFan wrote:You better check scores and wins for Region 1. The bottom half has won 1 game against the the top teams and they blow each other out when they match up. I don't think 4 three win teams make your top eight all that great considering who their wins came against. And Hankinson beating NGS brings up some doubts about NGS. So I respectfully disagree with statement Flip.

What region do the bottom teams not get blown out by the top teams? I'm curious which region you think is better?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby DCFan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Flip wrote:
DCFan wrote:You better check scores and wins for Region 1. The bottom half has won 1 game against the the top teams and they blow each other out when they match up. I don't think 4 three win teams make your top eight all that great considering who their wins came against. And Hankinson beating NGS brings up some doubts about NGS. So I respectfully disagree with statement Flip.

What region do the bottom teams not get blown out by the top teams? I'm curious which region you think is better?

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant your bottom teams blew each other out. I don't know which region is better because I have know way of proving it.And because it doesn't really matter as there is no prize for Best Region. The bottom teams will not make the playoffs so your statement of "top eight teams are pretty tough" is arbitrary. No way of knowing how your bottom 4 will do outside their own region. the top 4 teams from each region will go to the playoffs and we will see how they fare. Nothing better than Playoff football.
DCFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Outlaw77 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:05 pm

I've seen all 4 playoff teams play this season, plus many of the other teams. This is a smash mouth physical region. All 4 teams should do well in the playoffs. I'm not saying they will all win their first round games, but I'm pretty sure they will be competitive. Now about the game: It will be a close game if W/L can contain Schwartzenburger and not blow their coverage and if Napoleon can cover Vazquez and Illes. If not, IMO, this game may get ugly. I like W/L at home.
Outlaw77
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Schwab » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:30 am

NGS had a huge wake up call last week, you all know that you learn more from a Loss then a Win. I would say the second round of the 9-man playoffs is going to be ridiculously competitive. In the first round you will see a few blowouts. Imagine how much is at stake in this game. Whoever loses this game (I will say they are still the best 2 teams in the state, and I know that I will hear about how can Napoleon can't be better than an undefeated team) is going to have to travel (if everything goes according to seeds) to Cavalier (someone correct me if I'm wrong) in week 2. Good Luck to both teams, I hope they can both avoid injuries and go into the playoffs firing on all cylinders. Prediction NGS in a tight one decided on the final drive.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby witherspoon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:48 pm

The Schwab wrote:NGS had a huge wake up call last week, you all know that you learn more from a Loss then a Win. I would say the second round of the 9-man playoffs is going to be ridiculously competitive. In the first round you will see a few blowouts. Imagine how much is at stake in this game. Whoever loses this game (I will say they are still the best 2 teams in the state, and I know that I will hear about how can Napoleon can't be better than an undefeated team) is going to have to travel (if everything goes [u]according to seeds)[/u] to Cavalier (someone correct me if I'm wrong) in week 2. Good Luck to both teams, I hope they can both avoid injuries and go into the playoffs firing on all cylinders. Prediction NGS in a tight one decided on the final drive.

I don't know if I would want to play LaMoure or South Border in the 1st round they both have things clicking pretty good now except for our lineman getting hurt. Maybe we will have a region 1 playoff for the 2nd round. :D
witherspoon
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:53 pm

The Schwab wrote:NGS had a huge wake up call last week, you all know that you learn more from a Loss then a Win. I would say the second round of the 9-man playoffs is going to be ridiculously competitive. In the first round you will see a few blowouts. Imagine how much is at stake in this game. Whoever loses this game (I will say they are still the best 2 teams in the state, and I know that I will hear about how can Napoleon can't be better than an undefeated team) is going to have to travel (if everything goes according to seeds) to Cavalier (someone correct me if I'm wrong) in week 2. Good Luck to both teams, I hope they can both avoid injuries and go into the playoffs firing on all cylinders. Prediction NGS in a tight one decided on the final drive.

Nice to see ya Back Schwabby....but you know you cant back this up with facts, not worth mentioning IMO
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:04 pm

winner-within wrote:
The Schwab wrote:NGS had a huge wake up call last week, you all know that you learn more from a Loss then a Win. I would say the second round of the 9-man playoffs is going to be ridiculously competitive. In the first round you will see a few blowouts. Imagine how much is at stake in this game. Whoever loses this game (I will say they are still the best 2 teams in the state, and I know that I will hear about how can Napoleon can't be better than an undefeated team) is going to have to travel (if everything goes according to seeds) to Cavalier (someone correct me if I'm wrong) in week 2. Good Luck to both teams, I hope they can both avoid injuries and go into the playoffs firing on all cylinders. Prediction NGS in a tight one decided on the final drive.

Nice to see ya Back Schwabby....but you know you cant back this up with facts, not worth mentioning IMO

well obviously no one on this site can back up anything with facts that prove their point without a doubt, but I have seen most of the teams who have been in the top 5 or receiving votes play, and I stand by my statement.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:17 pm

The Schwab wrote:
winner-within wrote:

well obviously no one on this site can back up anything with facts that prove their point without a doubt, but I have seen most of the teams who have been in the top 5 or receiving votes play, and I stand by my statement.

I can respect that but please dont pull the ultimate and go on to say (if another region was to win it all)....that "the defeated region 1 team had a tougher row to hoe to get to the final game and that why they lost"
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby MNTwinsFan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:21 pm

I'll take W/L by 20+
MNTwinsFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:45 pm

winner-within wrote:

This didn't stop you from saying cavalier would have beat North Star in the state championship last basketball season.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:48 am

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:

This didn't stop you from saying cavalier would have beat North Star in the state championship last basketball season.

Which was after the fact and in haste...and yes Not worth mentioning
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:11 am

This is going to be a great game with great players from both teams. The Jeff Illies vs Wade Rath Wald battle could be epic as they are the #1 and #2 recievers in the Region respectively, in my opinion. You also have two of the better QBs in the Region in Schwartzenberger and Bell. Weigel, Reis and Vazquez could be x factors. Can WL throw the ball effectively? Can Napoelon use its size as an advantage? Best of luck to both teams. I'll take WL by a TD.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:16 am

EHS1998 wrote:This is going to be a great game with great players from both teams. The Jeff Illies vs Wade Rath Wald battle could be epic as they are the #1 and #2 recievers in the Region respectively, in my opinion. You also have two of the better QBs in the Region in Schwartzenberger and Bell. Weigel, Reis and Vazquez could be x factors. Can WL throw the ball effectively? Can Napoelon use its size as an advantage? Best of luck to both teams. I'll take WL by a TD.

Wind may become a factor this week also...just not as bad as last week ( :lol: )

I'll take W-L by 18
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ToddZeile » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:30 pm

Napoleon = big, strong, and TOUGH. Wrestling mentality. Warbirds = soft, finesse, dare I say "dainty." They say the battle is won in the trenches, therefore I'm going with Napoleon in a walk....
ToddZeile
NDPreps Reserve

Postby waterboy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:33 pm

ToddZeile wrote:Napoleon = big, strong, and TOUGH. Wrestling mentality. Warbirds = soft, finesse, dare I say "dainty." They say the battle is won in the trenches, therefore I'm going with Napoleon in a walk....

Yeah, the last time I saw Jeff Illies and Luis Vasquez play - dainty - was the word that came to my mind also.
waterboy
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to 9 - Man