TGU 50 @ Kenmare/Bowbells 6
Surrey 22 @ RV Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood 74

Region 4
Parshall 8 @ Divide County 50
Beach 36 @ Hettinger-Scranton 22
Mott-Regent 50 @ Shiloh Christian 33
Trenton-Trinity Christian 62 @ Bowman County 14
#3 Central McLean 37 @ Center-Stanton 8
Last edited by Flip on Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Re: Week 5

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:27 pm

Flip wrote:Region 1
Edgeley-Kulm @ Strasburg-Zeeland
Hankinson @ LaMoure-L-M
Richland @ South Border
Wyndmere-Lidgerwood @ Sargent Central
Ellendale @ Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter

Region 2
Central Valley @ Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page
Dakota Prairie @ Drayton/Valley-Edinburg
North Border @ Lakota-Adams/Edmore
Cavalier @ Hillsboro
New Rockford/Sheyenne @ Thompson

Region 3
Tri County @ North Star
Four Winds @ St. John
Benson County @ Dunseith
TGU @ Kenmare/Bowbells
Surrey @ MLS

Region 4
Parshall @ Divide County
Beach @ Hettinger-Scranton
Mott-Regent @ Shiloh Christian
Trenton-Trinity Christian @ Bowman County
Central McLean @ Center-Stanton

Y.T.D.: 77-13
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndbowhunter » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:51 pm

Surrey @ MLS, Will Be Played At The Minot State Field On Thursday.
ndbowhunter
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:24 pm

ndbowhunter wrote:Surrey @ MLS, Will Be Played At The Minot State Field On Thursday.

Reason being?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby whitefire » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:38 am

dc wins 50-8 over parshall
whitefire
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Unstoppable32 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:43 pm

Hankinson @ LaMoure-L-M
Richland @ South Border
Wyndmere-Lidgerwood @ Sargent Central
Ellendale @ Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter

Region 2
North Border @ Lakota-Adams/Edmore
Cavalier @ Hillsboro

Region 3
Tri County @ North Star
Four Winds @ St. John
Benson County @ Dunseith
TGU @ Kenmare/Bowbells
Surrey @ MLS

Region 4
Parshall @ Divide County
Beach @ Hettinger-Scranton
Mott-Regent @ Shiloh Christian
Trenton-Trinity Christian @ Bowman County
Central McLean @ Center-Stanton
Unstoppable32
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:41 pm

Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood 74
Surrey 22
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:51 am

Region 1
Hankinson @ LaMoure-L-M
Richland @ South Border
#1 Wyndmere-Lidgerwood @ Sargent Central
Ellendale @ #2 Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter

Region 2
RV North Border @ Lakota-Adams/Edmore
#5 Cavalier @ Hillsboro

I won't be shocked if Hillsboro wins.

40-10 ytd
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:29 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood 74
Surrey 22

I was at the game last night... very ugly, halftime 60-6. Surrey had a few good drives but got intercepted on the drives. They use timing pattern on their pass plays. Surrey opened the middle of teh field for MLS QB to run straight at them and once he broke the line of scimmage he was gone. Surrey tried to tackle high with their arms and would just bounce off. Also, Surrey's recieves drop 2-3 TD passes in the end zone. If the receives had not dropped the passes they did, it would have been a different score. I believe there where at least 5 dropped passes that could have went for TD for Surrey. You add that 36 pts to the 22 they did score and it looks alot closer. IMO Surrey lack the endurance and discipline on defense to finish the game. Alot of defenders looked flat footed, instead of moving they would jump at the runner.

MLS has to work on their penalties. Some major penalties that killed a few drives for them. MLS ran hard and good. The QB broke both ankle in open field on the corner for one TD. It was sick :shock: Overall, they looked pretty solid. JV had major minutes in the second half.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby dyhardballa09 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:18 pm

Mighty-Mouse wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood 74
Surrey 22

I was at the game last night... very ugly, halftime 60-6. Surrey had a few good drives but got intercepted on the drives. They use timing pattern on their pass plays. Surrey opened the middle of teh field for MLS QB to run straight at them and once he broke the line of scimmage he was gone. Surrey tried to tackle high with their arms and would just bounce off. Also, Surrey's recieves drop 2-3 TD passes in the end zone. If the receives had not dropped the passes they did, it would have been a different score. I believe there where at least 5 dropped passes that could have went for TD for Surrey. You add that 36 pts to the 22 they did score and it looks alot closer. IMO Surrey lack the endurance and discipline on defense to finish the game. Alot of defenders looked flat footed, instead of moving they would jump at the runner.

MLS has to work on their penalties. Some major penalties that killed a few drives for them. MLS ran hard and good. The QB broke both ankle in open field on the corner for one TD. It was sick :shock: Overall, they looked pretty solid. JV had major minutes in the second half.

First off, I am not looking to offend, just wanting some clarification from someone who was at the game. This is the second MLS game that has kinda popped out at me at a possible "running up the score" situation. Earlier this year, they scored with the varsity in the 4th quarter in a 50 point win over Kenmare. Now, according to the boxscore in the Minot Daily, MLS held a 66-22 lead in the 4th quarter. Would this not be a time when most coaches would send in their JV offense for the rest of the game? We are talking about a 44-point lead. The running clock runs at a 30 point lead. So, why did Degenstein throw a 65 Yard pass to Mott? In the 4th quarter with a 44-point lead? What is major minutes? Someone said earlier that the JV played big minutes against TGU, and from talking to people at the game....that was the last 4 plays of the game......so someone is lying.
The point I am getting to, is that MLS still has Four Winds and Dunseith on their schedule....can we expect a 100-point game vs. Dunseith?? I sure hope not..... And what would be the reasoning behind keeping starters in late in blowouts like this?
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter

Postby mavs64 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:08 pm

I can understand how it would hurt people from Surrey's feeling and make them think they were running it up on purpose. My son plays JV for MLS and he was in all but a handful of plays on defense in the second half and several plays on offense in the second half. Unfortunatly for the teams remaining on MLS's schedule they will be rough games. MLS had a very tough first half of the schedule and have a very easy second half of the schedule. They have to try and get their Varsity ready for the playoffs. You can't take your starters out at half time every game for the last 4 games and then ask them to be in shape to play a full playoff game against playoff ready teams. The coach tried his hardest to rotate his starters to give them the conditioning they need and yet not let the game get worse than it was. He put 7 or 8 JV players on defense with 1 or 2 varsity. That is how Surrey scored their last 2 Tds. He did put 7 or 8 starters and 1 or 2 JV on offense, but the were working on some things and not running their regular offense. If they had run their regular offense they would have scored over 100 points. They still have to keep sharp on offense. Besides Surrey did have their cahnces on offense and is mention in the earlier post drop sure TD passes right in their hands. The also threw an interception at the end of the first half that was run back for a touchdown. It is a shame and yet understandable that Surrey thought they were running up the score.

Quite a few coaches also believe that it is up to the coach of the team that is getting beat badly to say "We give up " and take out their varisty first. Surrey had their varsity in until 4 minutes left to go. When they took out their varsity MLS took out the remaining varsity players they had in. They did bring back their Varsity offense to run the victory formation. That is something he always does as a symbol to in effect say " you secured the win now finish it off".

As for the Kenmare game all the JV played all of the second half. No starters were in! Jv scored one TD and gave up one TD.
mavs64
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dyhardballa09 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:13 pm

Then why did Degenstein in the 3rd And Scherr score in the 4th] vs. K-B-BC? I am not trying to offend anyone, just wanted to get clarification. I would like to give the benefit of the doubt to the team, but it is hard sometimes.
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter

Postby mavs64 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:20 pm

you are right that degenstein scored in the 3rd quarter and scherr in the 4th of the kenmare game. Coach Rohles like most coaches likes to put the starting offense and sometimes the starting defense in for one series each in the 3rd quarter to see how well they do after the halftime break. As for scherr scoring in the 4th quarter he is degenstein's backup and was playing with the JV. He ran for about a ten yard TD with the rest of the JV in. I remember that play because my son was the one that had the key block that sprung him. As for the TGU game the JV was in only for the last defensive series. The point difference was only 30 points and that came mostly in the 4th quarter. He was probably afraid that the JV would have given up 2 more TD's and then not gotten the full 17 point differential that may come into play for playoff seeding. I hope that helps clear things up. again I am afraid the next 3 games will not be pretty, but the starters need to get ready for playoffs and need to stay in playing shape.
mavs64
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rains32 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:05 pm

Lae-20 north border-8 half time
rains32
NDPreps Starter

Postby rains32 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:58 pm

north border played a great second half and wins 28-20
rains32
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:58 pm

I had an update that Cavalier was beating Hillsboro 30-0 at half. Didn't hear a final though.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:23 pm

Hankinson @ LaMoure-L-M
Richland @ South Border
#1 Wyndmere-Lidgerwood @ Sargent Central
Ellendale @ #2 Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter

Region 2
RV North Border @ Lakota-Adams/Edmore
#5 Cavalier @ Hillsboro

I won't be shocked if Hillsboro wins.

40-10 ytd

You shoulda picked em....Oh yea you've already crawled into double digit losses picked...doesn't matter.. :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:24 pm

rains32 wrote:north border played a great second half and wins 28-20

Da Da Da............Da Sol-Train
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby mia305au » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:27 pm

St. John 52, Four Winds 14
mia305au
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DCFan » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:38 pm

Divide County 42 Parshall 6
DCFan
NDPreps Starter