Best hands

The teams in 9 Man

Postby hollywood » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:27 pm

Who is the best wide receiver/tight end this year. i would have to throw nick bye's name out there. he is a great receiver and also blocks very well outside. i think he is one of the best linebackers around too. i would have to say that he is the complete package.
Last edited by hollywood on Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hollywood
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classb_fan00 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:22 pm

im not sure his name but he was #7 for Richland. He's a decent receiver
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby homer » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:11 pm

i think his name is besette he is a junior linebacker too
homer

Postby js2125 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:57 am

Grunefelder would have to a atop my list for TE. Excellent blocker, can seal with the best of them. Plus, according to NDHSAA, has 25 catches for close to 500 yds in a predominantly running offense. Seen him play a few games earlier this year and he was destroying ends. Big enough to go over Most DB's and has great hands along with good speed to create seperation on his routes.
js2125

Postby ND_Coach » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:55 am

js2125 wrote:Grunefelder would have to a atop my list for TE. Excellent blocker, can seal with the best of them. Plus, according to NDHSAA, has 25 catches for close to 500 yds in a predominantly running offense. Seen him play a few games earlier this year and he was destroying ends. Big enough to go over Most DB's and has great hands along with good speed to create seperation on his routes.

Grunefelder is a stud when we played him he made some great grabs. 

In Napoleon's offense often times they only release 2 on passes, which makes 25 catches more impressive considering there are only 2 players to cover
Last edited by ND_Coach on Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hollywood » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:15 am

those guys all sound good but what about nick bye. i heard he can run with anyone and is as strong as a moose. he has hands like there is glue on them. just a great great football player
hollywood
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fb_fan » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:42 am

hollywood, would you happen to be Nick or are you related to him?? Sounds like you are pushing him really hard. People just post people they see or know about. I can't comment on Nick, I have never seen him play. I would agree that Besette kid is pretty good for Richland.
fb_fan

Postby hollywood » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:25 am

fb_fan wrote:hollywood, would you happen to be Nick or are you related to him?? Sounds like you are pushing him really hard. People just post people they see or know about. I can't comment on Nick, I have never seen him play. I would agree that Besette kid is pretty good for Richland.

well first of all u should go see nick cuz he is the greatest show on earth. and i ain't nick and i ain't related to him. i'm just a fan that is in awe of his athletic abilities
Last edited by hollywood on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
hollywood
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tommykramer » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:55 am

Who is Nick Bye?  Where is he from?  I'm sure he is a great player but, I've never heard of him.  If he's as good as Hollywood says he is, maybe NDSU, UND, and Minnesota have him on their radar!!!
Last edited by tommykramer on Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jens » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:41 am

Im not playin 9 man anymore becuase I transfered but I had 23 catches for 300 yards in my first 3 games and I was playing full time both ways......gotta help yourself out a lil haha. I was leading in receptions until last week I think
Last edited by Jens on Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jens
NDPreps Reserve

Postby js2125 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:56 am

Where did you transfer to then. Are you still playing? If you are, aren't there rules regarding sitting out so many days until you can play.  Just wondering.
js2125

Postby Jens » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:07 am

js2125 wrote:Where did you transfer to then. Are you still playing? If you are, aren't there rules regarding sitting out so many days until you can play.  Just wondering.

yeah I transferred from williston trinity to Williston High School and I cant play varsity sports for 90 school days.....so until about Feb 4th or 5th, but I'm playin on the Sophmore/JV team even though I'm a junior. I havent really found a spot in their offense yet though.....sorry about gettin off track administrators
Jens
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hollywood » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:26 pm

yeah lets get back to talkin about nick bye. i heard that he is quick like a rabbit and is as fast as a horse. i think that his fellow players actually call him by the nickname 'mustang'. thats gotta mean somethin. and for u who don't know, he plays for the dakota prairie
Last edited by hollywood on Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hollywood
NDPreps Reserve

Postby peppers » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:44 am

I've never heard of nick bye but I have heard of ross severson from DP and i heard that he is very quick and agile
peppers
NDPreps Rookie

Postby hollywood » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:22 am

nick bye's hands are the 9th wonder of the world. when ur his opponent u just have to stop playin cuz ur in awe and amazement.
hollywood
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 9manfbfan » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:58 am

While Nick Bye is one heck of a player, he is being built up like a god... untrue. He probably has the talent to play for a d2 school in a couple 2-3 years... but he's no D 1 caliber guy. He can be stopped.

If the defensive ends he plays against would do their job and jam him at the line of scrimmage, it throws him off his route and he isn't all that effective because the D-back jump his route quicker when that happens.
9manfbfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby hollywood » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:40 pm

9manfbfan wrote:While Nick Bye is one heck of a player, he is being built up like a god... untrue. He probably has the talent to play for a d2 school in a couple 2-3 years... but he's no D 1 caliber guy. He can be stopped.

If the defensive ends he plays against would do their job and jam him at the line of scrimmage, it throws him off his route and he isn't all that effective because the D-back jump his route quicker when that happens.

have u even seen nick play before, he ain't even lined up on the defensive end. hes in the slot
hollywood
NDPreps Reserve

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:01 pm

Whats the big deal bout Nick Bye i honestly dont think hes all that great you people are acting like he walks on water or hes like the Reggie Bush of North Dakota, his hands or "9th Wonder of the world" didnt do a whole lot i didnt see one catch but im not sure he may have got a catch so i dont see whats the big hype bout him, hes a good player and all bout you guys act like hes a god and really he isnt.
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:15 pm

hollywood wrote:nick bye's hands are the 9th wonder of the world. when ur his opponent u just have to stop playin cuz ur in awe and amazement.

I think your in love.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:40 pm

hahahaha my god you people, you guys act like hes goin to the NFL or something, i know someone that has played against him and he isnt ecsepcially fast or anything, hes just some average guy and whats his team doin after this friday nite again?? oh yah nothing season over so if he was sooo good you think the hands of "the 9th wonder of the world" would lead the DP Knights to a playoff birth??? And also i think u and nick bye need to get some alone time cuz the way you talk about him on here is kinda sick buddy, get a life
Last edited by footballfanwatcher_99 on Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pfenix » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:49 pm

It's niether fair to bring him down, or to build him up into something he may not be.  he's just a hichschooler for christs sake.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballfanwatcher_99 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:50 pm

exactly, youre rite but this one guy is like just madly in love with him and its pathetic

footballfanwatcher_99
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:52 pm

Pfenix wrote:It's niether fair to bring him down, or to build him up into something he may not be.  he's just a hichschooler for christs sake.

amen
rep

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:33 pm

What usually happens is someone registers and say's something about his buddy on the board, trying to get him some props and they can all laugh about it.  What happens is it opens him up to criticism and ends up making him look bad.  Not exactly what you want to do to your so-called friends.

If you really want to do people a favor take the topic seriously and if their name comes up, then that is real reason for them to be proud. 
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby peppers » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:02 am

NDSportsFan wrote: What usually happens is someone registers and say's something about his buddy on the board, trying to get him some props and they can all laugh about it.  What happens is it opens him up to criticism and ends up making him look bad.  Not exactly what you want to do to your so-called friends.

If you really want to do people a favor take the topic seriously and if their name comes up, then that is real reason for them to be proud. 
Last edited by peppers on Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peppers
NDPreps Rookie

Next

Return to 9 - Man