How are some of the 9 man players doing in college

The teams in 9 Man

How are some of the 9 man players doing in college

Postby old lineman » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:25 pm

How are some of the nine man players doing in college ball.

Willie Winshlag from Underwood just completed his 6 th year of ball at u-mary and had a good run at U mary. He red shirted a year and had a real bad knee injury that was a remarkable recovery. Grant Singer from Central Mclean is his understudy. Valley City and Jamestown have some 9 man players on their roster and there starting QB, was from State Champ Edgley Kulm. Minot has players from Central Mclean as Red shirts and the Velva team which is 11 man makes up a big part of the Minot roster. Dickenson has a bunch too. How about UND< and NDSU . and the other schools
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: How are some of the 9 man players doing in college

Postby Indy5 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:31 pm

If I remember correctly, when I watched Valley City a couple years ago, their 2nd most dynatmic player (after Chauncey Calhoun, a freak receiver) was a Pfeifer kid from Buffalo I think it was. I think he was only a redshirt Freshman at the time too.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:04 pm

Andrew Grothmann got a lot of playing at fullback this past year at NDSU. Lee Vandal was the starting fullback at NDSU this past season also. Brock Gion was one of the Bisons best special team players before he got hurt this past season as well.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby defense1st » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:15 pm

Tanner Komrosky will be fighting for the starting QB spot at Jamestown this year after red shirting his first year.
defense1st
NDPreps Starter

Postby peach » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:50 pm

defense1st wrote:Tanner Komrosky will be fighting for the starting QB spot at Jamestown this year after red shirting his first year.

I would guess he needs to bulk up some from how big he was in HS but who knows maybe he has already bulked up and added weight, and at times it looks like he has a wind up before he throws which tends to take him longer to get rid of the ball. As far as Jamestown Lance Johansen has been there for a few years now and has turned into a good college running back from the games I have seen.
peach
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:32 pm

peach wrote:
defense1st wrote:Tanner Komrosky will be fighting for the starting QB spot at Jamestown this year after red shirting his first year.

I would guess he needs to bulk up some from how big he was in HS but who knows maybe he has already bulked up and added weight, and at times it looks like he has a wind up before he throws which tends to take him longer to get rid of the ball. As far as Jamestown Lance Johansen has been there for a few years now and has turned into a good college running back from the games I have seen.

Johanson was from Devils Lake wasn't he?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby peach » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:43 pm

Indy5 wrote:
peach wrote:

Johanson was from Devils Lake wasn't he?

Yes he is from Devils Lake but went to high school in Lakota so he played 9 man
peach
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wody6997 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Seth Wisthoff - Glenburn is a starting TE and long snapper for UND.
wody6997
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bequickdonthurry » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:31 pm

Dustin Erbes from Richland was a 2 time all-american for Jamestown college. He'll be playing in some all-star game with Kosel from VCSU and Edgeley who was mentioned previously.

http://www.jimmieathletics.com/article/351.php
bequickdonthurry
NDPreps Starter

Postby twins11 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:23 am

Grothman from hillsboro is doing very well at NDSU.
twins11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cardinal10 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:29 pm

Reid Haagenson from Leeds is a 2 year starter at Jamestown College on defense. Had 5 tackles today in a win over SD Mines.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby football_lives_on » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:34 pm

That a boy Hoagie.
football_lives_on
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:50 pm

There are 2 9 man players from ND Region 1 that are are on the 2 deep depth chart and are getting reps for Northern State.

Devin Olson, South Border, A RS freshman, Olson is playing inside linebacker and on special teams for the Wolves. Devin has shown great promise for the Wolves and seems to be their future at ILB, currently playing behind a senior. When he is in the game, he is always around the ball and has shown the propensity to light guys up. Olson also was an all conference performer for the Wolves track team as a true freshman last spring.

Tanner White, Ellendale. Also a RS freshman, White is currently #2 at split end and plays as the 4th WR in their no TE set. He has caught 3 passes for 21 yards so far this year.

Ironically, both players have suffered from concussion like symptoms this fall after sustaining helmet to helmet hits.

Here is to wishing them both health and luck as the season progresses.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:57 pm

Other updates from 9 man players from Region 1 that I am aware of:

Justin Arp, Sargent Central, is redshirting for NDSU. Word is they are very excited about his development. Look for Justin to be a mainstay for the Bison. Not bad for a kid from Cogswell, ND.

Donovon Flaherty, Ellendale, is a RS freshman for Trinity Bible College. Donovon spent last year as a backup at QB. They have now moved him to safety, where he is seeing extensive time there and on special teams. An extremely cerebral player, he has made an instant impact on their secondary.

Justin Deede, South Border, is a RS Freshman for Univeristy of Mary, which is currently 3 and 0 in the NSIC. Justin originally went to Jamestown College, where he redshirted last year. He has subsequentlytransferred to UM, where he is playing OLB. A very strong, physical and athletic player, a prototypical outside linebacker.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:32 am

Tyler Meyer from Lidgerwood is on the two deep for VCSU at defensve end. He received decent playing time last year as a true freshman and is getting good time again this year.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Return to 9 - Man