2011 Region 1

The teams in 9 Man

Re: 2011 Region 1

Postby ValleyCity4Life » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:44 pm

if you guys think lamoure will be any good, i don't see the leadership. i mean no doubt thielges is getting good looks but MASSIVELY overrated. maybe we should just send his backup in there, they would be off just as good.
Hi-Liner fan
ValleyCity4Life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cuzimawesome » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:59 pm

ValleyCity4Life wrote:if you guys think lamoure will be any good, i don't see the leadership. i mean no doubt thielges is getting good looks but MASSIVELY overrated. maybe we should just send his backup in there, they would be off just as good.

FINALLY!!!! someone thinks he is overrated too. but his backup couldnt play at the jv level prolly not even at the junior high level. so thats a dumb statement in itself
cuzimawesome
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:32 pm

cuzimawesome wrote:
ValleyCity4Life wrote:if you guys think lamoure will be any good, i don't see the leadership. i mean no doubt thielges is getting good looks but MASSIVELY overrated. maybe we should just send his backup in there, they would be off just as good.

FINALLY!!!! someone thinks he is overrated too. but his backup couldnt play at the jv level prolly not even at the junior high level. so thats a dumb statement in itself

Interesting.
Last edited by EHS1998 on Sun May 29, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby ValleyCity4Life » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:02 am

I can see Edgely-Kulm nabbing a 3 seed and competing for a 2 seed as they return great athleticsism on the edges of both O and D-Line. I'm excited to see Madke get some touches. Him and Thielges are the best sophomore RB's in this region I feel or at least 2 of the top 3 or 4
Hi-Liner fan
ValleyCity4Life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby witherspoon » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:00 pm

ValleyCity4Life wrote:I can see Edgely-Kulm nabbing a 3 seed and competing for a 2 seed as they return great athleticsism on the edges of both O and D-Line. I'm excited to see Madke get some touches. Him and Thielges are the best sophomore RB's in this region I feel or at least 2 of the top 3 or 4

WOW....you're a real gem, I don't think that either one of them are in the top 2 on thier "team" according to their own team-mates!!!!
witherspoon
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:54 pm

witherspoon wrote:
ValleyCity4Life wrote:I can see Edgely-Kulm nabbing a 3 seed and competing for a 2 seed as they return great athleticsism on the edges of both O and D-Line. I'm excited to see Madke get some touches. Him and Thielges are the best sophomore RB's in this region I feel or at least 2 of the top 3 or 4

WOW....you're a real gem, I don't think that either one of them are in the top 2 on thier "team" according to their own team-mates!!!!

So who's the best RB on the team then? Plus he actually said sophmore RB's so I doubt they even have a 3rd sophmore thay plays RB.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby madken » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:19 pm

As freshmen this year I do think both had very respectable years I know Madcke had a average of 5.2 ypc on 102 carries and I am sure that Brady was close to that average if not better.
When these two where 5th and 6th grade they both played for the LaMoure Wolfpack pee wee team and as 5th and 6th grade they where fun to watch if one had a bad game the other had a good game and when they both had a good game they would rack up the points. Yes i know that was pee wee football but man they where fun to watch.
As Sophmores they will both be even better. It will be fun to watch them compete against each other.
By the way witherspoon if Madcke teammates fill that way why did they vote him rookie of the year for the Rebels
madken
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:42 pm

I dont think any team in this region can be taken lightly.
Last edited by EHS1998 on Sun May 29, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby madken » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:30 pm

EK Also has a kid by the name of Austin Case pretty good size kid and if he hits a hole he is gone. I can see him getting alot of touches this coming year also. Problem is keeping him healthy. Case will be a Jr next year they started playing him towards the end of the year and he average more then 6 ypc.
He willbe one to watch also.
madken
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:23 pm

madken wrote:EK Also has a kid by the name of Austin Case pretty good size kid and if he hits a hole he is gone. I can see him getting alot of touches this coming year also. Problem is keeping him healthy. Case will be a Jr next year they started playing him towards the end of the year and he average more then 6 ypc.
He willbe one to watch also.

Good point.
Last edited by EHS1998 on Sun May 29, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby cuzimawesome » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:03 pm

EK will get three they will beat LaMoure and LaMoure will get the 4 spot then be out like al the other years. and Thielges isnt that good. IDK what all the hype is about a sophmore runningback who isnt even that good.
cuzimawesome
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theworldismine1999 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:08 am

cuzimawesome wrote:

EK will get three they will beat LaMoure and LaMoure will get the 4 spot then be out like al the other years. and Thielges isnt that good. IDK what all the hype is about a sophmore runningback who isnt even that good.

dude Thielges is good he was one of the best running backs on the team. He took eyes off of smith cuz if you lost track of Thielges he would take the ball and bust through for a big gain. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about because LaMoure will be a top contender next year.
theworldismine1999
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan7 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:18 pm

cuzimawesome wrote:
Flip wrote:
cuzimawesome wrote:...all Thielges will do all year is hand the ball off or fake it and run LaMoure's line will have to mow people over cuz their offense will b predictable

A predictable offense in 9-man? yeah no one has ever had success with one of those before.

exactly my point they wont be successful.

Napoleon used to have one of the most predictable offenses I've ever seen, and they went to 2 state championships winning one and going deep in the playoffs many years. You can definately win with a predictable offense in 9 man as long as you have the right players to fit that system.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cuzimawesome » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:21 pm

Okay well then LaMoure doesnt have the right fit of guys. Because there is no way LaMoure gets out of the first round of playoffs everyone else will beat them.
cuzimawesome
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:17 pm

cuzimawesome wrote:Okay well then LaMoure doesnt have the right fit of guys. Because there is no way LaMoure gets out of the first round of playoffs everyone else will beat them.

You know, I have been thinking about the whole Lamoure moving down to 9-man thing, and I have come to the conclusion, that if Lamoure loses a few games this comming fall, it won't be because of coaching or off season training, or the type of athletes they have, if they lose out in the first round of the playoffs the only possible reason would be..... cuz.... you... are....awesome!!!!
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:01 pm

EK loses to SB too IMO.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby witherspoon » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:57 am

Flip wrote:EK loses to SB too IMO.

I do beleive that Ek is trying to convince themselves that they won't be as bad as they have been in the past. :lol: No coach, slow line, no leadership....... all spells a 3-7 year. LaMoure WILL be the team to beat, next is WL, Napoleon will be very competetive and SB will be in the mix if they can replace Deede and Olson.
witherspoon
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:28 am

witherspoon wrote:

I do beleive that Ek is trying to convince themselves that they won't be as bad as they have been in the past. :lol: No coach, slow line, no leadership....... all spells a 3-7 year. LaMoure WILL be the team to beat, next is WL, Napoleon will be very competetive and SB will be in the mix if they can replace Deede and Olson.

I think EK's coaching and leadership deserves more credit than you are giving them. I see them winning more than 3 games for certain. In terms of SB, Olson will be very hard to replace. Deede was a good player but he could be limited by a defense that doesnt bite on play action. If you were close to him, his ability to catch the ball was significantly diminished. He can be replaced.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:39 am

One player to watch for out of the region next year is Jordan Morrissey from Ellendale, he has good size @ 6'3 200+ and great speed and athleticism. He is a smart player who plays with a non stop motor and gets sideline to sideline. He will attract a lot of college attention.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby madken » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:45 am

EHS1998 wrote:
witherspoon wrote:

I think EK's coaching and leadershi deserves more credit than you are giving them. I see them winning more than 3 games for certain. In terms of SB, Olson will be very hard to replace. Deede was a good player but he could be limited by a defense that doesnt bite on play action. If you were close to him, his ability to catch the ball was significantly diminished. He can be replaced.

Sorry witherspoon no coaching lets see been to state champinship twice won 2 state title. Slow line same starters as sophmores will be much quicker then your lamoure line. No leadership ya right lots of Seniors that are hungry.
I remember the hype coming out of Oakes when they moved down to 9 man How they where going to win
every game I beleive they finished with 2 wins for the season.
9 man is nothing like 11 man don't get me wrong I beleive Lamoure will have a good team but to come to 9man is going to be tougher then they think
madken
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theworldismine1999 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:51 am

madken wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:
witherspoon wrote:

I think EK's coaching and leadershi deserves more credit than you are giving them. I see them winning more than 3 games for certain. In terms of SB, Olson will be very hard to replace. Deede was a good player but he could be limited by a defense that doesnt bite on play action. If you were close to him, his ability to catch the ball was significantly diminished. He can be replaced.

Sorry witherspoon no coaching lets see been to state champinship twice won 2 state title. Slow line same starters as sophmores will be much quicker then your lamoure line. No leadership ya right lots of Seniors that are hungry.
I remember the hype coming out of Oakes when they moved down to 9 man How they where going to win
9 man is nothing like 11 man don't get me wrong I beleive Lamoure will have a good team but to come to 9man is going to be tougher then they think

LaMoure's line might be slower. But no one has the size and power that they have. Yes switching to 9 man will be hard at first but when they get it they will be good. They played smashmouth football in 11 man and i dont seee that changing. They will come up and pnuch you in the face and see how you respond and i think that they have to do that to teams right away. if they wait til the third or second quarter to get goin they will not be the team people think they should be.
theworldismine1999
NDPreps Starter

Postby theworldismine1999 » Tue May 03, 2011 1:39 pm

EHS1998 wrote:One player to watch for out of the region next year is Jordan Morrissey from Ellendale, he has good size @ 6'3 200+ and great speed and athleticism. He is a smart player who plays with a non stop motor and gets sideline to sideline. He will attract a lot of college attention.

If i am correct he had some shoulder problems last year that i think kept him out a week i dont know for sure im sure you can clarify that EHS. But yes i agree he is a good player but i think he is the only player that they have on that team. :? at least i think that is right i mean they lost everything last year.
theworldismine1999
NDPreps Starter

Postby witherspoon » Wed May 04, 2011 10:29 am

madken wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:
witherspoon wrote:

"and thirsty" :lol:
witherspoon
NDPreps Starter

Postby witherspoon » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:47 am

Well, well....two more weeks to the moment of truth. The schedule starts off with a bang W/L @ South Border on Teusday (23rd), and then the real test Lobo's at the (Imps) Imperials on Saturday (27). I got The imps getting beat 33-16. It will be a huge test for the young foals i mean Mustangs up agaimst the big bad boys of the east:) Any predictions??
witherspoon
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:15 pm

I could be wrong, but I think Napoleon is the favorite the win the whole thing.

I'd like to get opinions from Hinsa, EHS1998, imperials and others on the region 1 teams.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man