Cavalier

The teams in 9 Man

Cavalier

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:34 pm

How will they stack up at 9-man with the rest of the State??
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Cavalier

Postby bballfan7 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:09 pm

What do they have returning?
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:48 pm

bballfan7 wrote:What do they have returning?

I ask the question because I know nothing about 9-man...I know Sandy (coach and other coaches) grew up playing 9-man...so the scheme should be there. They return just the jv & Spencer Robbins. JV had alot of minutes through out this season....If that helps.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby justplayalready » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:16 pm

If they can get 25-30 kids out they will do ok...If they have a big drop after losing a great deal of talent this year and that translates into a loss of numbers, then below average...

look at Northstar's program the last 5-6 years, there may lie an answer...
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby Topgun » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:33 pm

are they comeing down from 11 man if they are they probly wount be very good there first season 9 man is alot faster of a game it is alot easer to go from 9man to 11man then from 11man to 9man
Topgun
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:34 pm

Topgun wrote:are they comeing down from 11 man if they are they probly wount be very good there first season 9 man is alot faster of a game it is alot easer to go from 9man to 11man then from 11man to 9man

You're delusional.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:43 pm

Topgun wrote:are they comeing down from 11 man if they are they probly wount be very good there first season 9 man is alot faster of a game it is alot easer to go from 9man to 11man then from 11man to 9man

I think its a lot easier going from 11 man down to 9 man than 9 man up to 11 man. In my opinion its a lot easier transitioning to haveing 2 less players on the field rather than haveing 2 more players on the field. Especially for the offense haveing 2 less players on the field get outside is easier to break off a big play once you get outside and thats why you see the faster teams usually have better success than the grind it out type teams. Napoleon is always in the hunt but the last few years they have lost to the faster team.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Don't take this to heart but I just have to ask..."are you from ND and if so, were you born last night, or have you been in another country for the last 60 years"????
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Topgun » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:27 pm

have any of you played 9man football.
and have you ever seen a team that won there region or state going from 9man to 11man.
plus it is allot harder to get used to 2 less blockers then to add 2 more the 2 extra men are tackles
Topgun
NDPreps Starter

Postby Topgun » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:34 pm

winner-within wrote:

Don't take this to heart but I just have to ask..."are you from ND and if so, were you born last night, or have you been in another country for the last 60 years"????

I am from ND I have 1 ND 9man state title and i have played agents teams that have gone down from 11man football non of them have done nearly as well in 9man as they did in 11man and one of them whent back to 11man the next year made the playoffs when they got last in the 9 man region the year before.
Topgun
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan7 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:49 pm

Topgun wrote:have any of you played 9man football.
and have you ever seen a team that won there region or state going from 9man to 11man.
plus it is allot harder to get used to 2 less blockers then to add 2 more the 2 extra men are tackles

Yes I have played 9-man and i played 11 man to. And all that stuff about how a team was last 1 year in 9 man and then made playoffs in 11 man, what if the team was all juniors they go to 11 man all seniors now and have the experience and make the playoffs. Could be argued the other way to, this isn't professional sports where you could have the same players for 10 years, this is high school you get these players for 4 years.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:39 pm

Topgun wrote:have any of you played 9man football.

There is no way it would be harder to get used to 2 less tacklers than 2 extra tacklers. In 11 man, you have to have somewhat of an inside running game or you'll get shutdown if you try and go outside every play (Unless your VC when they went to the title game). In 9 man, if you have the speed, you can just get to the outside and be gone on most plays, you don't need to establish as much of an inside game.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:13 pm

Topgun wrote:
winner-within wrote:

I am from ND I have 1 ND 9man state title and i have played agents teams that have gone down from 11man football non of them have done nearly as well in 9man as they did in 11man and one of them whent back to 11man the next year made the playoffs when they got last in the 9 man region the year before.

This is why you are so hard to understand and why spelling is important.

You say you have "played agents teams". Agents are people who represent athletes and negotiate contracts for them. So you are saying you have played teams owned by agents?

Also, non = none?
whent = went?
No periods in your entire post except at the end?

Lets c if yu cin unnerstand this posed I have a tuf time unnerstanding peple hoo cant speel an don use perods or comas an u don seam very inteligen wen u rite like these

Seriously, you have no credibility when you don't spell correctly, or at least attempt to do so, and don't use any punctuation.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Topgun » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:02 am

Hinsa wrote:
Topgun wrote:
winner-within wrote:

You say you have "played agents teams". Agents are people who represent athletes and negotiate contracts for them. So you are saying you have played teams owned by agents?

Also, non = none?
whent = went?

Lets c if yu cin unnerstand this posed I have a tuf time unnerstanding peple hoo cant speel an don use perods or comas an u don seam very inteligen wen u rite like these

Seriously, you have no credibility when you don't spell correctly, or at least attempt to do so, and don't use any punctuation.

i can understand that perfectly. i can see threw spelling errors you apparently are not smart enough to.
Topgun
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:04 am

Topgun wrote:
Hinsa wrote:
Topgun wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Also, non = none?
whent = went?

i can understand that perfectly. i can see threw spelling errors you apparently are not smart enough to.

just clean up your posts...proofread them before you submit them.

Thanks
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Topgun » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:13 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Topgun wrote:
Hinsa wrote:
Topgun wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Also, non = none?
whent = went?

Thanks

Sorry I type to fast most of the time I miss keys.
Topgun
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:14 pm

Topgun wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Topgun wrote:
Hinsa wrote:
Topgun wrote:
winner-within wrote:

Also, non = none?
whent = went?

Thanks

Sorry I type to fast most of the time I miss keys.

Thats because your used to Flying those F-15's :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:02 pm

winner-within wrote:How will they stack up at 9-man with the rest of the State??

When I asked this question nearly one year ago I was sincere....I thought they would hang... they had lost everyone to graduation but i like this group they have stepped up and played hard nose 9-man...9-0 is beyond anybody's expectations (except maybe the players).....Keep it up, finish strong!!!! D-Wins the big ones. :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby footballmaniac » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:59 pm

I still think a NB/Cavalier rematch would be a great game to watch!
footballmaniac
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:00 pm

footballmaniac wrote:I still think a NB/Cavalier rematch would be a great game to watch!

I don't see it happening though...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to 9 - Man