Region 6 and 7 Predictions

The teams in 9 Man

Postby jwb262 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:11 pm

Turtle lake-Mercer 31 vs 12 Center-Stanton

(Cullum gets on track(175yds) and the Trojans play a good game with few un-forced errors and pick-up where they left off last season.

Washburn 30 #7 vs 24 Underwood

This is alot closer than people think, the difference being homefield in Washburn. The Cardinals keep a Region championship vs TLM alive for last week showdown.

Richardton 40 vs 20 Wilton-Wing

The Richardton team has to shake off an emotional road loss @ Underwood, they do it in the second -half and the Wilton club has no answer to it.

New Salem 45 #4 vs  6 Trinity Christian

The Holsteins roll in this one! Their rushing attack moves the ball at will, and they call off the dogs midway thru the 3rd quarter.

GAME OF THE WEEK

Hettinger 24 #8[color=black]  vs #1 20 Mott-Regent[/color]

The Wildfire have to learn to live without Goins, they havent done it yet. The Blackdevils offense/defensive schemes have run well this season. The Blackdevils will lose in this region, just not @Mott-Regent on this night!
Last edited by jwb262 on Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby beans3 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:42 pm

hey jwb262, i'm pretty sure that the Wildfire did just fine last week without Gion against the #5 ranked Washburn Cardinals.  Mott/Regent will make a statement proving why it's the #2 ranked team in the state on Friday night!  Tyler Grosz hasn't been stopped yet and don't count on him getting stopped this week either!
beans3

Postby jwb262 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:58 pm

The Hettinger team is better than Washburn at stopping the run, you all havent played a team that can stop it, yet! The Blackdevils arent the best run stoppers ive seen, but they are the best you all will have been up against up to this point. As for Goins, i think him not being in there will be the factor, the Hettinger team does pretty good with their offense. They will exploit the loss of him, i picked a close score and will stick to it.  I think its a 3 horse race in Regiion 7, and one of those horses has to goe down on this night.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:25 pm

I have to remove my size 12 Nike from my mouth in the Game of the Week! I missed by along ways on the Mott vs Hettinger game! I didnt think that could happen in that fashion. The Hettinger team had played really well up to this point. It wont detour me though, I will continue with the picks, NO FEAR!

I went 4-1, and missed badly (scores) in 2 games, the Washburn team crushed Underwood. I looked for closer  games in those two. The other 3 were easy!

Turtle Lake-Mercer played real well tonight. They appeared to have found a rythym, and kept it on both sides of the ball. Officially Cullum had  201 rush-80 rec, looked like he finally got comfortable, and turned the corner a few times. Mitch Lang played with force and purpose from his FB spot. Josh Thomas had control of the offense and made good decisions throught the game. The defense swarmed and dominated. Evan Nelson made several good plays.He batted down a couple of passes and made several good-hard tackles. I left out several individual names and they all should be mentioned, they all played good tonight.
Last edited by jwb262 on Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby CCRANE » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:26 pm

Hey yea no kidding you were way off the mark on that one.  Ive been readin your posts and you never seem to give M/R any credit.  Maybe you will from now on.  Check it out:  2-0 in games against ranked teams and ranked first in the state, two running backs have better seasons than ed cullum is right now in Grosz and Jaghner (hey don't get me wrong, he's a phenomonal running back), and what are you talking about Mott/Regent not learning how to live with out gion?  two goose eggs aren't enough proof for you?
CCRANE

Postby kvrnm » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:45 am

Mott doesnt sound like they are that good....haha
Last edited by kvrnm on Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:51 pm

I havent downed them! I just thought the Hettinger team would be able to exploit the loss of Goin. As for bringing up stats, theres along ways to go in this season. You want me to give you some credit, I will say that you all have proved that you have a good team. There will be a regular season showdown between your 2-backs and the Trojans, and a chance for a re-match in the playoff, where it really matters. As for Cullum he has run the ball well, annd is starting to get in the groove. He has had over 350 in last 2 games. I think he will get plenty of yards this season 1000+,  he is a big reason it opens it for this Turtle Lake offense. Some of the other kids are stepping up and taking care of business on that side of the ball.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:04 pm

weekend of 9-15-06, were back at it again! Hoping to draw some fire from those doubters out there. week 4 and the regions start to take shape.

Turtle Lake Mercer- 40

Wilton Wing- 6

To much Cullum and the gang in this one. The defense could pitch a shut-out, if they choose to go the distance. Fast Eddie goes for 225 and in only 3 quarters. I think the Offense led by Thomas will put together a good ball-game here. He is starting to use all the weapons at his disposal. Mitch lang should go for another 100 as well. The D led by Singer-Evans and company have a chance put the old goose-egg on the Wilton side. 

Underwood- 27

Center Stanton- 6

Underwood the team that has puzzled me the most this season. I say that because they seem to be inconsistent, yet good in stretches. I think they will play well in this one.

Mott Regent- 32

Richardton Taylor- 8

I know you Mott fans think I havent given you much credit. I will in this one as you have proven throught the season to be the favorite thus far. I think they roll over RTH and look for tough 2nd half of the season.

Hettinger- 40

Trinity Christian-0

Hettinger gets back on track in this yawner. I dont think they are thru in this region by a long shot.

Game of the Week

New Salem- 36

Washburn- 24

I wanted to pick the Cardinals! I couldnt do it. The Holsteins power game will be the difference. I think they control the line of scrimmage on both sides and win a much closer game than the 12 point diffference. A late TD seals the deal and starts a tough stretch for this New Salem club. As for Washburn, the fact remains the same. 22 miles- final regular season game, for the title.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby homer » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:32 am

dont go in there with that on your mind or you have already lost i think your coach will agree good luck
homer

Postby twinsfan34 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:24 pm

Sounds like there is a decent shot for rain on Friday over most of the area.  You gotta believe that is going to have an effect on the games.

EDIT: The area I am referring to is south central ND.
Last edited by twinsfan34 on Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twinsfan34

Postby jwb262 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:32 am

Week 5 is upon us, and the region 6-7 battle continues! The dual-region crossover continues, with a full slate of good ball-games.

Hettinger- 24

@

Washburn- 18

The Blackdevils waltz into Cardinals backyard and steal one away! Again, I wanted to pick the Washburn club to win this one. I cant muster the effort to do so.Coach Moes club will be prepared and after a tough emotional loss to New Salem, the Cardinals just cant stop the Hettinger offense enough times. I think the difference will be a couple of plays over the top from the Hettinger team. A long road trip will be the only thing that may detour them.

Mott-Regent- 40

@

Underwood- 8

The Wildfire continue to blaze (so you cant gripe), and hand a tough but out-gunned Comet club a home loss. They remain atop the polls with a big road trip on the map in Trojan territory coming soon!

Richard Taylor-Hebron- 30

vs

Center-Stanton- 12

RTH to much in this one! The Wildcats scratch and claw their way to a couple of scores, but cant stop the RTH offense from moving the football.

Wilton-Wing- 24

@

Trinity Christian- 6

The banged up club of Wilton-Wing goes into the Trinity game hungry for a victory this season. They get one in dominate fashion. They may be short on offensive weapons (due to injury) in this one, but they wont be denied!

GAME OF THE WEEK

Turtle Lake-Mercer[color=black]- 20[/color]

vs

New Salem- 16

I will start this off by saying I hate to miss it. I will be working, and looking forward to the re-match in week 1 of the play-offs. This should be a hard-hitting good football game. Both teams have had plenty of time to mesh and be prepared for this one. The difference is Home Field advantage and the Trojans take advantage of the long-trek for the Holstiens. I hope both teams come out un-scathed and shake hands having played their best game thus far. Cullum plays 4 quarters in this one and racks up 150 yards the hard way (1 @ a time), but more importantly the balanced attack un-folds and they win the war in the trenches!
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:20 pm

WEEK 6- THE BATTLES CONTINUE!

Richardton Taylor-Hebron 40

Trinity Christian 0

RTH just to strong for the Trinity team.

Underwood 30

Wilton-Wing 6

I look for the Comets to show their upside against an outgunned Wilton club. They should control both sides of the ball in this one.

Washburn 30

Center-Stanton 14

The Cardinals come off of 2 losses to strong teams and take out their frustration on the Wildcats. The trip to TLM looms large in distance, but closes in fast!

Hettinger 26

New Salem 18

The Black Devils prevail @ home and knock a Holstein team outta the playoffs in this one! Hettinger just scores enough to keep the New Salem team at bay, in what is  a big game in the dual region picture. This should set-up a re-match from week 2 in Turtle-Lake (play-off style)! I know I mentioned in previous post that the New Salem team would be here for that one. I had a change of thought and pick the Black-Devils in this toss-up. I ask my-self this though, does it matter?

GAME OF THE WEEK

Turtle Lake- Mercer [color=black]30[/color]

Mott-Regent- 20

This will be Game #1 in this series, and #2 will occur in the quarter-finals of the play-offs! Same time- same place 4 weeks later. #1 Mott-Regent has alot of weapons but Cullum and the gang have got the ball rollin! They win a tough-physical contest and more importantly establish some pecking order when it comes to trenches. This is most certainly a 4 quarter contest with the Trojans assuming control in the 3rd Q up front. O and D-lines (Belile,Misek,Presser,Sondrel,Singer and T.Cullum) prove why this team has few weaknesses and get an attitude about winning this region going into the play-offs!Oh yes and Fast Eddie Cullum chews up 170 yds in this one!

jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby Trojan24 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:28 pm

I agree with all the picks xcept think new salem will beet hettinger and that mott will beat Turtle Lake.
Trojan24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Trojan24 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:00 pm

im pick TL over mott
Trojan24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Pfenix » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:50 pm

I agree with your first post trojan24 (make up ur mind! TLM or Mott?)  Mott  is just too fast and too physical for the trojans.  It's gonna be a heck of a game regardless who wins.
Last edited by Pfenix on Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pfenix » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:47 pm

How about them wildfire jwb262?  M/R 26 --TLM 6
Last edited by Pfenix on Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:37 am

WEEK 7- 2 TO GO AND THE PLAYOFF PICTURE IS STARTING TO TAKE SHAPE.

WASHBURN 45

WILTON-WING 6

Washburn has and will take advantage of the Wilton club in this one. Should be a offensive tune-up for the Cardinals as they roll into TLM zone, and a regional championship on the line!

HETTINGER 40

CENTER-STANTON 12

I dont see the Wildcats stopping the Blackdevils (offense) in this one. The Hettinger team should roll into the playoffs as the #2 seed in Region 7 picture, and a much anticipated re-match vs TLM.

MOTT - REGENT 56

TRINITY CHRISTIAN 0

Ok Mott... You got me last week with a big win over my TLM Trojans! No doubt youve proven to be the best team in this dual region. The ball doesnt stop for the Wildfire here as they overwhelm the Trinity team from every angle. New Salem up next for the Region 7 crown.

NEW SALEM 32

RTH 12

The Holsteins get back on track against a solid RTH ballclub. RTH just doesnt have enough firepower to pull off an upset, and should allow the Holsteins a chance to play the spoiler and throw the Region 7 playoff picture in a muck, come next week vs Mott.

GAME OF THE WEEK

TURTLE LAKE- MERCER [color=black]30[/color]

UNDERWOOD 16

The Trojans get back on track after a turnover plaqued ballgame vs Mott. Fast Eddie goes the distance a couple of times and racks up 150 yards. More importantly they find the rythym again and seal their chance to play for the Region 6 championship on this Homecoming night. GOOD-LUCK Trojans!
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby kvrnm » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:20 am

Trinity didnt lose 56-0 It was 36-16, we showed and had a heck of a game
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby RB/LB 34 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:46 am

he didnt say that trinity lost 56-0. Thats what his prediction of what he thought would happen. And that prediction was made on tuesday
RB/LB 34
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pfenix » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:20 pm

kvrnm wrote:Trinity didnt lose 56-0 It was 36-16, we showed and had a heck of a game

here's the story:  M/R went up 36-0 at the end of the first half.  That was the game.  Coach Benson pulled all the starters out in the second half.  He showed alot of class not running the score up and giving Trinity a chance.  Cause really, did he have to prove that his team is one of the best in the state by beating up on a smaller one?  I don't think so.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby kvrnm » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:14 pm

yeah i no my bad. there is like 5 different people that post on my account sorry that was a friend. and there coaches are very classy the way they didnt run the score up on us. but that was probably one of our teams best games.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:26 am

I wasnt knocking Trinity or anything! I just thought that the Wildfire would be up big at half and still score a couple of times in the second-half. Good luck Trinity in the future.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:49 am

AHHHHHH, THE FINAL WEEK AND REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS ON THE LINE! GAME OF THE WEEK x2!

HETTTINGER- 30

RTH- 12

The Blackdevils win this one and put themselves into the playoffs and on the road to TLM! RTH will put up a fight, but to much offense from the Blackdevils @ home.

UNDERWOOD- 32

TRINITY- 6

The Underwood Comets go out on a winning note.

CENTER-STANTON- 24

WILTON-WING- 20

I call for a close-one here in the season closer for these two. I think they should battle for 4 quarters and the Wildcats overcome late.

GAME OF THE WEEK X 2

MOTT-REGENT [color=black]32[/color]

NEW SALEM 16

The Wildfire close out an undefeated regular season and take the momentum as the #1 team in the state to the playoffs.

TLM- [color=black]35[/color]

WASHBURN 24

The Trojans have had this one circled and get the Region 6 championship game in the Backyard! Fast Eddie gets 200 as he and the rest of the Trojans go out in this regular season as CHAMPIONS! Im sure this was one of their first goals starting this season, the ladder climbing begins. The Cardinals will be underfoot as rung #1. 
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pfenix » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:50 pm

jwb are you doing predictions for the first round of the playoffs?
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:31 am

Yes indeed! I will make my predictions very soon. This should be a good playoff run for the Trojans @ home!
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to 9 - Man