Region 6 and 7 Predictions

The teams in 9 Man

Postby jwb262 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:44 pm

1ST ROUND

MOTT-REGENT 40

WASHBURN 12

No knock on the Cardinals! They are just 2 words banged up! The Mott team will be waiting to dominate. I know the first match-up was close, just not the same this go around.

TURTLE LAKE-MERCER 30

RTH  16

Both teams coming off big finale wins. Fast Eddie gets 175 and the D makes it real rough on the RTH offense. These two played the best game ive seen all year, as far as fantastic finishes are concerned.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:58 am

STATE-QUARTERFINALS

Turtle Lake-Mercer  [color=black]24[/color]

Mott-Regent 20

New ballgame this time around! The Trojans will be prepared for what should be a W-A-R ! No 6 freebies for the Wildfire. Its plain and simple, you just dont waltz into Turrle Lake and beat this kinda of team twice. If you reflect on this season and the 2 losses, one thing will become obvious, self-desruction on correctable miscues. Fast Eddie goes for 150 and the Trojans roll into the Semis!

jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:13 pm

Fast Eddie and the gang got it done today! 34-28 over Mott and a shot at Divide County in the Semis! They played an extremly intense hard hitting football game. I havent mentioned them on this thread yet, I will now! The fans from TLM created a great atmosphere, and a true homefield advantage! The fan attendence should be even bigger for the next one! Im asking for everyone to get the word out and challenge people to be there! Ive been to alot of HS games in my time, and the crowd noise and intensivness was at a MAX! The bottle-shakers brought the noise! I will make my prediction later this week, IM TIRED. The 80+  hour weeks are over at the moment, and a little contemplation will take place. Im going to give a little hint though, make your reservations Trojans! The season ends in Grand Fork!
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:55 am

NORTH DAKOTA 9-MAN

SEMI-FINAL ROUND

[color=red][size=2]Turtle Lake-Mercer  [color=black]30[/color][/size][/color]

Divide County  20

Not a better thing to see this weekend, Homecooking! The Trojans are ready to say the least, chomping at the bit to ge this one underway. Fast Eddie goes for 170 against a stout run-defense. Its that time of the year, and the Trojans have made their on breaks. A tale-tale sign of a championship football team. They come up the same in this one. This should be a 4-quarter game with the Trojans sealing the deal, sometime in the 4th quarter. Get the turf shoes ready Trojans, just to much talent to keep a trip to Grand Forks from slipping away! 
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:58 am

Im going to go on and comment and speak the obvious about this season. The Trojans are the only thing that have stopped the Trojans! If you look back on alot of very talented clubs no matter what the State or sport, this becomes the case. I think this team can sit amongst themselves and reflect on that, and understand that if they bring the intensity and execution to the field on Sat., that they walk away a winner!
Last edited by jwb262 on Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pfenix » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:02 pm

I'm gonna butt in and give my two cents.  Congratulations to the trojans on the big win.  But never forget games are decided on the field, not here on the internet. 

To all the teams in this dual region, thanx for the awsome football season.  I saw some great games played this year, which included:  M/R vs Washburn, RTH vs Hettinger, TLM and New Salem, and both M/R vs TLM games.  Lots of talent, lots of excitment.  I can't wait for next year.  From what I've heard, the returning from M/R have already circled a date on their calender:  August 21 2007.  The first game of the season against Underwood TLM!  alot to look forward too.

good luck to the trojans on saturday.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:36 pm

Alero Dome here we come! The Trojans take care of business in this one! A shout out to the O and D lines in this one, they just flat out played a rugged tough contest against a big Divide County Club. Cullum and Thomas made some very exciting plays in the second Half (crunch time)! Eddie busted a long (75 yds) run to open the scoring of this ball-game.  It was notched at 14 at halftime. The Maroon D made it tough on Eddie early in the second-half, and Coach Sundquist made the adjustment. He split Fast Eddie out wide and ended up getting 2 long passing TD's!  Thomas was equally as effective running bootlegs and draws from his Qb posistion. There were some really good pass-catch plays in this one, the Trojans threw the ball as well as they have this season.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby jwb262 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:31 am

I will kick-off my contiuation of this thread with the match-up from a physical standpoint. Football games are , and will always be a test of physical stature. I agree and will not say the finesse side of the game doesnt matter. It plays a huge role, but the dominance side of the game in 9-man football is the key!

[align=center]Napoleon has 10 senior and 6 junior athletes that  have an average weight of 175 lbs [/align]
[align=center]Micheal Ellison  12  5'9"  150  DB/RB[/align]
[align=center]Justin Schumacher  12  6'1"  155  WR/DE[/align]
[align=center]Chad Weigel  12  6'2"  160 QB[/align]
[align=center]Andrew Wolf  12   5'6"   160   T/G[/align]
[align=center]Lance Piatz 12  5'10"  170  OLB/TE[/align]
[align=center]Jordan Dewald  12  5'8"  175  RB/CB[/align]
[align=center]Shannon Fettig  12  5'11'  175  DE/RB[/align]
[align=center]Brian Fowler  12  5'9"  185  LB/C[/align]
[align=center]Taylor Grunefelder  12  6'0"  195  OLB/TE[/align]
[align=center]James Leier   12   6'5"   250   T/NG[/align]
[align=center]Nathan Kleppe  11  5'8"  120  QB[/align]
[align=center]Kevin Wentz  11  6'0"  140   TE/DE[/align]
[align=center]Steve Rau  11  6'2"  165   DE/G[/align]
[align=center]Aaron Bitz  11  6'0"  190 DE/LB[/align]
[align=center]Donovan Becker 11  6'0" 195 G[/align]
[align=center]Kriss McCleary 11  5'11"  215  FB/LB[/align]
[align=center] [/align]
[align=center]Evan Gross  10  5'9"  150 DB/RB. did not include this sophomores weight into the average[/align]
[font=Times New Roman] [/font]
[align=center][font=Times New Roman]195 lbs is TLM’s average junior and senior weight (without helmet, and pads) for the 2006 TLMHS football team.  Add 10 more lbs for helmet, pads, spikes, etc per player if you want to visualize TLM’s actual fielded playing weight.  [/font][/align]
[align=center][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/align]
[align=center][size=25][font=Times New Roman]                Josh    12   150    6’1â€Â
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballdude » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:09 am

[user=840]jwb262[/user] 

[align=center][font=Times New Roman]195 lbs is TLM’s average junior and senior weight (without helmet, and pads) for the 2006 TLMHS football team.  Add 10 more lbs for helmet, pads, spikes, etc per player if you want to visualize TLM’s actual fielded playing weight.  [/font][/align]

[align=center][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/align]
are you saying that Napoleon's Weight is with pads. plus adding 10 pounds of pads doesnt do anything but slow you down. it doesnt affect how well you  play
Last edited by footballdude on Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
footballdude

Postby homer » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:20 am

size kills your right speed any day in nine man
homer

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:24 pm

How about let's look at the 2 teams starters rather then juniors and seniors only.  I would have to argue that size isn't everything when your comparing.  I've seen 240lb kids play as a "soft" 240, and 170lb play much bigger.  Now, I haven't seen TLM, and i'm not going to say that they're not physical, because to get this far they've got to be.  But I know Napoleon's line has Leier (260) Cole Laber (195) and Fowler (185) along with ends Grunfelder (195) and Piatz (170) and all of these guys, not to mention the Dewald and McCleary are VERY physical.  You can't just factor weight into how tough these kids are.  Not to mention a couple of these guys are stud wrestlers shows how physical they are.
Last edited by ndsportsfan98 on Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby footballdude » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:54 pm

well put sports fan

footballdude

Postby jwb262 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:11 pm

#1 I copied and pasted the weights thing. As for weights with or without pads im not sure? That was part of the copy/paste text. As far as being physical, I know the TLM Trojans are! The whole point of this topic is to point out a advantage, I believe the Trojans have (Size and Physical Play). Im also not saying that the Napoleon team is not physical, so dont get it in  a wad.
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Postby fb_fan » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:13 am

I don't know much about TLM, but I am making a bold prediction. Napoleon will win by 2 TD's on Friday. I think they are too physical and are too fast for TLM. I don't want to hurt anyones feelings, but that is the way I see the game. I may be wrong, but that is my bet.
fb_fan

Postby zags_22 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:43 am

I'm am gonna have to say TLM in this one.  They have really stepped up their play for the playoffs and have done a nice job avoiding turnovers.  When they played us they got their guards up to our linebackers and made some good blocks.  At the end of the day cullum had about 3 bills rushing.

If they can bring the intensity and will that they have had the past two weeks they should do fine.  The one the that TLM accels at is stopping the straight forward run, and if that is what Napolean is goin to stick with then they are in for a long day.  I'm not saying they won't have success with it but it will be like trying to dig a hole in a swamp, long and tedious.

Good Luck Trojans
zags_22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hasbeen144 life » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:04 am

well putt Zags!  Teams like this year Mott or a last years Richland is what gives TLM trouble.  Spread out, counter only time they run up the gut its not expected.  Straight ahead smash mouth football is TLMs strength because that size is not slow by no means.  Fast Eddie on turf is also the decider.  It will be hard to keep him from 2 bills in the Alerus.

I cannot see Napoleon being near as physical as those brutes from DC last weekend.  Whats in the water up there?  By the way TLM was the more physical team last weekend even with those beasts from DC.
hasbeen144 life

Postby jwb262 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:51 am

THE DAKOTA BOWL

[color=red][size=2] TURTLE LAKE- MERCER[color=black]  32[/color][/size][/color]

NAPOLEON-GAC-STREETER 24

This is it, we have believed we would be here the entire season! Fast Eddie and the other seniors (Belile,Thomas,Misek and Singer) play their final game as Trojans! The remainder of the team play a last game of sorts, being the last football game under the Trojan flag (due to coop for next season). I think the Trojans have seen just about everthing that 9man football can throw at them! I will say as ive said all season, the only thing that can beat the Trojans are themselves! Fast Eddie goes out  with a BANG, chewing up 175 yds on the carpet in Grand Forks! The biggest thing is in the trenches once again, I will give a couple of battles to Napoleon up-front, we win the WAR! The Trojans neutralize the line of scrrimmage both sides and get the push the entire game! I know ive attended alot of State Championships in different sports, and there is nothing like the atmosphere. I cant wait to get there and take a peek at the Alerus Dome! Its time to close the book and write the final chapter of this great season! Gotta run, im going to see the Trojans off to Grand Forks!
jwb262
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to 9 - Man