Week 1

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Week 1

Postby psycho » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:40 am

Lakota dominates Benson County in a 30-0 win. Running clock with 4 minutes left in the third quarter. Aronson runs for a ton of yards in the win.
psycho
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:40 am

South Border 58 Richland 18

South Border looked very good on offense - scored a number of times from 40 yards out or more and scored on the ground and in the air. Defensively they looked ok, some problems in the secondary. Olson dominated the line on both sides of the ball - too quick and too strong for Richland. SB sat most of their starters for most of the 2nd half and got some good playing time for the 2nd & 3rd stringers. Very good start to the season for SB and this week against Ellendale should be a good game.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Sportsrube wrote:South Border 58 Richland 18

South Border looked very good on offense - scored a number of times from 40 yards out or more and scored on the ground and in the air. Defensively they looked ok, some problems in the secondary. Olson dominated the line on both sides of the ball - too quick and too strong for Richland. SB sat most of their starters for most of the 2nd half and got some good playing time for the 2nd & 3rd stringers. Very good start to the season for SB and this week against Ellendale should be a good game.

Sportsrube - Were you at the Ellendale-SB game? If so, what were your thoughts?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:47 pm

EHS1998 wrote:

Unfortunately I was not, I was traveling for the holiday weekend. I have heard that SB couldn't stop the pass and that Ellendale couldn't stop the run and I have heard some complaining about the officiating. As far as I'm concerned the complaining about the refs means nothing to me, but I would be interested in your comments about the rest of the game.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Sportsrube wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:

Unfortunately I was not, I was traveling for the holiday weekend. I have heard that SB couldn't stop the pass and that Ellendale couldn't stop the run and I have heard some complaining about the officiating. As far as I'm concerned the complaining about the refs means nothing to me, but I would be interested in your comments about the rest of the game.

It was an entertaining game. I didnt think the refs were a factor at all, not sure what that is about as I cant think of any call in particular that was questionable either way. I think both teams are capable of playing better actually. SB tried to get the ball to Deede but werent able to get that going, which was a factor. There were some very good football players on that field for both teams that really stepped up in key situations.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:53 pm

EHS1998 wrote:I didnt think the refs were a factor at all, not sure what that is about as I cant think of any call in particular that was questionable either way.

- The pass interference on Ellendale's drive where they ran out the clock.
- supposed non-holding call on the same drive, played sealed it for Ellendale IIRC. (I didn't see so I can't say, but I know many were upset when it wasn't called)
- Deede and an Ellendale defender went up for a pass and both had the ball that was ruled an interception, when it could have been a completion.

Random question: why do some Ellendale fans stand on the visitor sideline? It is by far the worse sideline of the two. The sun is horrible, you have the dirt of the infield, and there are all the visitor fans on that side. Makes no sense to me.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:14 pm

Flip wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:I didnt think the refs were a factor at all, not sure what that is about as I cant think of any call in particular that was questionable either way.

- The pass interference on Ellendale's drive where they ran out the clock.
- supposed non-holding call on the same drive, played sealed it for Ellendale IIRC. (I didn't see so I can't say, but I know many were upset when it wasn't called)
- Deede and an Ellendale defender went up for a pass and both had the ball that was ruled an interception, when it could have been a completion.

Random question: why do some Ellendale fans stand on the visitor sideline? It is by far the worse sideline of the two. The sun is horrible, you have the dirt of the infield, and there are all the visitor fans on that side. Makes no sense to me.

I dont want to get into an argument over this, I am only providing my observations.

- PI Call late - One defender had the back of White's jersey grasped when he tried to go up for the ball.
- Holding on toss play - Cant say definitively one way or the other. I dont see a hold on film but I am biased.
- Interception on fourth down play - On film, White clearly rips the ball out of Deede's hands as they are coming to the ground.

Can't help you on your random question.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:17 pm

EHS1998 wrote:- PI Call late - One defender had the back of White's jersey grasped when he tried to go up for the ball.
- Holding on toss play - Cant say definitively one way or the other. I dont see a hold on film but I am biased.
- Interception on fourth down play - On film, White clearly rips the ball out of Deede's hands as they are coming to the ground.
Can't help you on your random question.

That's fair.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:00 am

I get disgusted when the home fans stand on the visitor sideline. You feel like you can't talk about the game freely without some homer taking exception to what you are talking about with your own fans. I think it leads to fans getting into it with each other.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Divide & Conquer » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:26 pm

Hinsa wrote:I get disgusted when the home fans stand on the visitor sideline. You feel like you can't talk about the game freely without some homer taking exception to what you are talking about with your own fans. I think it leads to fans getting into it with each other.

Maybe they can't stand themselves. Could it be disgruntled smaller schools in Co-Ops?
Divide & Conquer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:45 pm

Can't say for sure. I suppose it's possible. I can think of a co-op town where it happens, but can't think of any non-co-ops where it happens right now.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Divide & Conquer » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:27 pm

Also, some fields are just set up that way, with the home sideline on the opposite side of the parking lot and consessions. Mott and Turtle Lake come to mind. Some of the home fans can't be bothered to walk to the other side so you get an uncomfortable atmosphere at times.
Divide & Conquer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:33 pm

Divide & Conquer wrote:Also, some fields are just set up that way, with the home sideline on the opposite side of the parking lot and consessions. Mott and Turtle Lake come to mind. Some of the home fans can't be bothered to walk to the other side so you get an uncomfortable atmosphere at times.

I think this is the reason. they would rather blind themselves for over an hour than walk the extra 50 meters to the other side.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to 9 - Man