POST SEASON - Warbirds vs Burros

The teams in 9 Man

POST SEASON - Warbirds vs Burros

Postby HometownHigh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:24 pm

Thinking the Burros have their way, in a similar fashion to the Thompson/Hillsboro "rematch".
Burros roll to semis. And your opinion is...
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Re: POST SEASON - Warbirds vs Burros

Postby luaPydarB » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:13 pm

HometownHigh wrote:Thinking the Burros have their way, in a similar fashion to the Thompson/Hillsboro "rematch".
Burros roll to semis. And your opinion is...

Having seen the Burros play in the game against Thompson, I think that the game will be a win in favor of the Burros.
luaPydarB
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BROBRO » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:46 pm

I think it will be a close game, I think it depends who makes more mistakes
BROBRO
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Cito fortis fidelis » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:45 pm

I think it will come down to simply one factor: who wants it more?
Cito fortis fidelis
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ALL DAY » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:46 pm

whoever wins this game will win state
ALL DAY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 4thegame » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:21 pm

I'm quoting Lee Corso....maybe not.... "Here it is sweetheart. The warbirds are tough, and i mean real tough, but I believe the burros were missing a couple of key players the last time these two teams met. That, and the fact that the burros have put together 9 strait wins. (now he's digging out and putting the big donkey head on) I believe that the players and fans can go ahead and dig out your orange for deerseason, cuz the angry donkeys are going to rear back and kick the warbirds out of the playoffs.......44-36."
4thegame
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby digger » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:30 pm

4thegame wrote:I'm quoting Lee Corso....maybe not.... "Here it is sweetheart. The warbirds are tough, and i mean real tough, but I believe the burros were missing a couple of key players the last time these two teams met. That, and the fact that the burros have put together 9 strait wins. (now he's digging out and putting the big donkey head on) I believe that the players and fans can go ahead and dig out your orange for deerseason, cuz the angry donkeys are going to rear back and kick the warbirds out of the playoffs.......44-36."

Great to know that Corso is keeping tabs on some hard nosed football up here in the northland. :) Thanks for sharing.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:53 pm

I believe this game will be high scoring. W-L can put points on the board and so can Hillsboro. W-L's defense has been almost impenetrable with one exception - Central Valley put up 19 in the first half against them. If CV can do it, I gotta believe Hillsboro's option is going to do it as no one has stopped it all year since all the horses - or should I say burros - are back.

So I think it's a shootout. It will be like a tennis match - whoever can break the other's serve a couple of times will win. Break serve 3 times you win.

That being said I think Hillsboro has the better tennis players. :wink:
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby busch3434 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:38 pm

Just gonna through it out there....could it possibly be a rematch of the '92 championship...W-L vs. TGU???
busch3434
NDPreps Starter

Postby PlayHard-KHCO » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:00 pm

Hinsa wrote:
So I think it's a shootout. It will be like a tennis match - whoever can break the other's serve a couple of times will win. Break serve 3 times you win.

That being said I think Hillsboro has the better tennis players. :wink:

football <----> Tennis. Thats a funny analogy. :lol:
"The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer."
John Madden
PlayHard-KHCO
NDPreps Starter

Postby HometownHigh » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:03 am

busch3434 wrote:Just gonna through it out there....could it possibly be a rematch of the '92 championship...W-L vs. TGU???

I am just gonna throw this back at ya, 17 years from now, no one will know or care what happened between hillsboro and wl, just as the only ones who remember that 92 event are those who competed in it ;)

I am sticking with Burros roll ~
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Postby 5-time state chump » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:41 am

busch3434 wrote:Just gonna through it out there....could it possibly be a rematch of the '92 championship...W-L vs. TGU???

Yup. I was thinking the exact same thing as you, exept I have Hillsboro vs. Central McClean in the finals, and they didn't play in the 1992 championship.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:44 am

5-time state chump wrote:

Yup. I was thinking the exact same thing as you, exept I have Hillsboro vs. Central McClean in the finals, and they didn't play in the 1992 championship.

LOL! Thanks for the laugh Chump. That is one of the most clever responses I have seen in my years on this board.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby rudy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:24 pm

Glad to see 9-man preps is still dominated by Hillsboro fans. without you, nobody would have anything to talk about. Its kinda how Cavalier is for Class A. Someone always has something to say. Even with W/L injuries they still win this game. Should be an awesome game with two great coaches going after each other.
rudy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:04 pm

Hillsboro 14 Wyndmere-Lidgerwood 6 Halftime
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby cubsfan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:08 pm

22-6 9:10 left in ball game. Hillsboro is knocking on the door looking to put this game away.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby itsallabouteddie » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:29 pm

Hillsboro 22
Wyndmere-Lidgerwood 6
FINAL
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:33 pm

Hillsboro just avenged both of their losses from earlier in the year. This speaks a lot about region 2 when they have three teams in the quarterfinals and looks like two in the semifinals.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby luaPydarB » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:53 pm

WOW... this was an amazing game by the burros. their offense had over 300 yds rushing to wyndmeres 116, i think that if there were anyone doubts about hillsboro before that those have been put to rest. good luck to the team
luaPydarB
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Hinsa » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:29 am

Hillsboro showed they can play some pretty good defense when they have to. To hold W-L scoreless for the last 3 quarters was stunning to me. One thing about W-L that surprised me - whenever they had the ball in the 4th quarter it just didn't look like there was any sense of urgency. No rushing up to the line, no hurry to get the play calls in, several runs in a row that took minutes off the clock. W-L certainly didn't panic, but being down 2 scores I just expected them to speed up their tempo.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man