Playoff Scores and Stats

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Playoff Scores and Stats

Postby Hinsa » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:16 pm

scc wrote:
Flip wrote:
bballfan7 wrote:Yes it was Ryan Orth he broke a bone in is upper arm. Now W-L lost their top two WRs and DBs should be interesting to see how the younger kids step up against hillsboro.

What is the name of the other kid?

After the Hillsboro/Thompson game the radio mentioned injuries to McClain (sp?) and Burg they made the injuries sound minor, but does anyone have more information on them?

McLean had a dislocated shoulder, and Burg pulled a hammy. They should both be fine for Saturday.

Clarification on McLean - it was a separation, not a dislocation. Separations, although painful, are not as serious as dislocations. Dislocations lead to socket damage in the form of tearing. Separation is when the clavicle (collarbone) separates from it's mesh point at the shoulder. Hurts like a son of a gun but not as much chance of serious damage.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby fanofeverything » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:17 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:
oldminerfan wrote:
yoyo08 wrote:TGU 20
Mott Regent 6
Final

Does anyone know the story behind this score because it seems unreal to me. Congrats TGU if this is right.

I believe I had the story weeks ago in one of my other posts...no teams from the west come close to any of the teams from the east.

I was at this game and all I can say is wow. Now not being from either towner or mott I have never seen these 2 teams play before. (I was in Mott Pheasant Hunting). I am not sure if Mott was WAY OVERRATED or if they just had an AWEFUL game, but they looked very bad. There defense wasn't horrible except on two pass plays where they apparently had no secondary, but the Mott offense was terrible. No blocking and penalties and it was just hard to watch. With that being said I am not really sure how good TGU is either because they basically had an INT return for almost a TD which led to a short TD drive and the only offense they had was 2 pass plays where the receiver had no one covering him. TGU didn't impress me all that much either. Now I may be way off with this only being based on One game, but I don't see either of these teams capable of winning a Title.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby toddjames » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:07 pm

[/quote]I was at this game and all I can say is wow. Now not being from either towner or mott I have never seen these 2 teams play before. (I was in Mott Pheasant Hunting). I am not sure if Mott was WAY OVERRATED or if they just had an AWEFUL game, but they looked very bad. There defense wasn't horrible except on two pass plays where they apparently had no secondary, but the Mott offense was terrible. No blocking and penalties and it was just hard to watch. With that being said I am not really sure how good TGU is either because they basically had an INT return for almost a TD which led to a short TD drive and the only offense they had was 2 pass plays where the receiver had no one covering him. TGU didn't impress me all that much either. Now I may be way off with this only being based on One game, but I don't see either of these teams capable of winning a Title.[/quote]

It's tough to judge a team based on only seeing them once. And if they both didn't look that good, it's easy to walk away thinking that these neither one of these teams are capable of winning a state title. But even the top teams won't always look impressive in the playoffs. The playoffs are a totally different season. The type of season that the only thing that matters is winning, be it spectacular or ugly. Winning is winning and TGU, a No. 3 seed out of its region, knocked off the undefeated No. 1 team in the state on the road. That in itself is impressive. I've seen TGU play a couple times this year and I know how competitive their region was this year, so they are tough No. 3 seed for anyone. They have a shot just as much as the eight other teams left playing do. If my cacluations are correct they have a 1 in 8 chance, lol. But seriously TGU is a good football team that has big play capability. If their defense continues to play well, TGU will continue to do well...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fanofeverything » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:23 am

Like I said at the end of my last post, I may be way off because my opinion was only based on one game. Both M-R and TGU might be really good teams who had an off day, but the game I watched was ugly. With that I maybe went a little OVERBOARD saying they aren't capable of winning a title, but they had sure better play a better game than I watched last week.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby BROBRO » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:37 pm

does anyone have the stats for the W-L game?
BROBRO
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to 9 - Man