New Poll 9/30/09

Postby sports for life » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:13 am

9-Man Team (first-place votes) W-L Pts LW
1. Mott-Regent (9) 5-0 53 2
2. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood (2) 5-0 46 3
3. New Rockford-Sheyenne 4-1 24 NR
4. Napoleon-GS 4-1 16 1
5. Divide County 4-0 10 NR
Also receiving votes: Central McLean (4-1) 3, Hillsboro (4-2)1, Lakota-Adams-Edmore (5-1) 7, St. John (4-1) 1, Thompson (5-1) 1, Towner-Granville-Upham (4-1) 1. Wells County (4-1) 2.

what do you guys think about this poll? i personally think that divide county should be nowhere near the top 5 but i guess everyone will find that out come play off time.
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Re: New Poll 9/30/09

Postby AC-DC » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:48 am

sports for life wrote:what do you guys think about this poll? i personally think that divide county should be nowhere near the top 5 but i guess everyone will find that out come play off time.

4-0 after knocking off the other real contender in the region should earn some votes. I got to say I'm surprised by a top 5 though.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby psycho » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:57 am

AC-DC wrote:
sports for life wrote:what do you guys think about this poll? i personally think that divide county should be nowhere near the top 5 but i guess everyone will find that out come play off time.

4-0 after knocking off the other real contender in the region should earn some votes. I got to say I'm surprised by a top 5 though.

I think that Divde has an excellent program. I thought they had one loss though. Didn't they lose to TGU in the first game of the year. I see by the posted poll it has them undefeated.
psycho
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:08 am

The TGU game got cancelled after the unexpected death of a DC student.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby psycho » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:14 am

ndlionsfan wrote:The TGU game got cancelled after the unexpected death of a DC student.

I was unaware of that. Thank you for the clarification and am truly sorry for the school of Divide County.
psycho
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:56 am

I posted this in last week's poll topic....then commented on it again this morning

ndlionsfan wrote:
I see MR and WL being one and two easily....just depends on the voting to see who gets the top spot this week. I see NR jumping up to 3, Napolean to 4, and Lakota moving into 5. Thompson, TGU, Wells, SJ, Northstar, Hillsboro, and CM all get votes.

by ndlionsfan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:08 pm
Am I good or what?!? almost nailed the poll this week. Only thing is I didn't expect to see Divide jump into the poll or even receive votes. Still kind of surprised by it because they haven't beat any top team and they're winning all their games by slim margins.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby inky » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:38 am

AC-DC wrote:

It should have earned votes yes but to make it in the top 5. Im not buying into divide, if they beat kenmare they will have a legit case.
Favrein to Harvin!
inky
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:45 pm

Even if they beat Kenmare I'm still not seeing them as one of the top 5 teams in the state. Granted, what they've done so far this year has been incredible because they were supposed to have a down year but I don't think that region has any good teams. What big nonregion games have any team in that region won?
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsfan10 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:45 pm

i'm really not surprised at the results of this poll other than divide county. the top 4 are right where they should be, but i found it odd that divide county got in after not receiving a vote all year and then getting into #5. this is probably just because there are 3 unbeatens left. but maybe they'll prove something, but it won't be until tournament time, because i don't see any really tough opponents coming up.
sportsfan10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby oldminerfan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:53 am

I think tonights game vs Kenmare/Bowbells will be a measure of DC's strength or weakness. Cold, wet and against a decent team with a tough running back and good QB. If DC doesn't stop the run better than last week they will have to invent even more ways to win than they did last week. They are for the most part a bunch of young kids working hard at getting better and living up to the standards set from years gone by. A #5 poll pick means nothing. A win tonight in adverse conditions to a good team on their feild, everything. I hope the smack talk on this preps cools down from DC because it isn't coming from the kids. When another player rolls up 388 yards on your team you don't talk smack. You might call him sir, and start some tackling drills.
oldminerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AC-DC » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:18 pm

oldminerfan wrote:I think tonights game vs Kenmare/Bowbells will be a measure of DC's strength or weakness. Cold, wet and against a decent team with a tough running back and good QB. If DC doesn't stop the run better than last week they will have to invent even more ways to win than they did last week. They are for the most part a bunch of young kids working hard at getting better and living up to the standards set from years gone by. A #5 poll pick means nothing. A win tonight in adverse conditions to a good team on their feild, everything. I hope the smack talk on this preps cools down from DC because it isn't coming from the kids. When another player rolls up 388 yards on your team you don't talk smack. You might call him sir, and start some tackling drills.

Suitably rebuked. :(
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to 9 - Man