the west

The teams in 9 Man

the west

Postby greff1 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:45 pm

besides mott-regent who are some top contenders in the west.
greff1
NDPreps Reserve

Re: the west

Postby AC-DC » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:23 am

Don't know much about the southwest, but in the north, it has to be Divide County. A bigger rebuilding year than they've seen in many years, but they just keep getting better every game. They haven't walked over any one, like they have in the past, but it's impressive to see the kids step up, do what they need to and win the game. These kids have a lot of heart and determination and will be making noise deep in the post season.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BOMBERSTRUCK » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:03 pm

Go ahead and keep telling yourself that. I hope your right, but this region is down just a little compared to the last few years. But who knows.
BOMBERSTRUCK
NDPreps Reserve

Postby inky » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:25 am

AC-DC wrote:Don't know much about the southwest, but in the north, it has to be Divide County. A bigger rebuilding year than they've seen in many years, but they just keep getting better every game. They haven't walked over any one, like they have in the past, but it's impressive to see the kids step up, do what they need to and win the game. These kids have a lot of heart and determination and will be making noise deep in the post season.

Why are you all up on DC in every post
Favrein to Harvin!
inky
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stallng » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:36 am

BOMBERSTRUCK wrote:Go ahead and keep telling yourself that. I hope your right, but this region is down just a little compared to the last few years. But who knows.

Berthold blows, they have a weak region for A. they would not stand a chance Region 4 or whatever divide is in
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:11 am

Stallng wrote:
BOMBERSTRUCK wrote:Go ahead and keep telling yourself that. I hope your right, but this region is down just a little compared to the last few years. But who knows.

Berthold blows, they have a weak region for A. they would not stand a chance Region 4 or whatever divide is in

Wow, you just lost all football credibility right there. Berthold is in the same region as Harvey, Velva, Williams Co, and Stanley. I'd say its the toughest region in any division of ND fball this year. In another topic I believe someone stated the teams in this region have won almost all of the state championships in this division since ND went to the 4 class system.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby inky » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:36 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
Stallng wrote:

Wow, you just lost all football credibility right there. Berthold is in the same region as Harvey, Velva, Williams Co, and Stanley. I'd say its the toughest region in any division of ND fball this year. In another topic I believe someone stated the teams in this region have won almost all of the state championships in this division since ND went to the 4 class system.

Being from Harvey I would have to agree with you on this, Berthold plays in a very tough region but you could also Watford and Hazen are in the toughest region
Favrein to Harvin!
inky
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:42 am

I think Watford are Hazen are probably the two top teams, but after that there's not much in that region. Top to bottom Region 3 is the toughest.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby COACHWEST » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:51 pm

Stallng wrote:

This is one of the farthest from the truth posts I have ever read on preps. Also somewhat confusing...Divide is in 9 man Region 5. Region 4 9 man is a much more top heavy region than 5 is but Region 5 does have a few quality teams. I do not personally feel either 9 man Reg. 5 or Reg. 4 compare to the strength of 11 man Region 3. Velva, Harvey, L & C, Williams Co., and DLB are all playoff caliber teams. Stanley may not have won a game yet, but the quality and history of the program speaks for itself. With experience the young Blue Jays will bring the program back. Garrison and New Town are taking their lumps right now though. BOMBERSTRUCK is I think correct. Had they have stayed 9 man, Region 5 would have been theirs to lose after beating Williams County. "Berthold" does not "blow".
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby greff1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:28 pm

this is a nine man topic. stick to nine man. if you want to talk about 11 man teams go to an eleven man topic. is it really that tough to figure out?
greff1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AC-DC » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:39 pm

inky wrote:
AC-DC wrote:Don't know much about the southwest, but in the north, it has to be Divide County. A bigger rebuilding year than they've seen in many years, but they just keep getting better every game. They haven't walked over any one, like they have in the past, but it's impressive to see the kids step up, do what they need to and win the game. These kids have a lot of heart and determination and will be making noise deep in the post season.

Why are you all up on DC in every post

I thought you knew, it's my job!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby greff1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:53 pm

dc is always good. we played them last year and they were solid just like the year before. odds are we will play them again. we never take them lightly and never will. there is something in the water in divide county cause they will have a solid team always. good program and big kids like always
greff1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AC-DC » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:42 am

greff1 wrote:dc is always good. we played them last year and they were solid just like the year before. odds are we will play them again. we never take them lightly and never will. there is something in the water in divide county cause they will have a solid team always. good program and big kids like always

Thanks for the support. We've said it before, but Bob Brown and Nate Nelson know how to run a program and use what the have. There weren't a lot of stand-out players returning this year, but some new kids are making a name for themselves. Some stats from last week. Dalyss Hanson (6'1" 182lb, Senior) - huge as team Captain, 169 yards receiving, 2 TD's and 45 defensive points. Zack Wagenknecht (5'8", 145lb, Senior) - showing off the speed with 174 yards rushing, 2 TD's. Tanner Wolter (6'0" 155lb, Junior) - 224 yards passing and learning how to move with 26 yards and a TD. Jace Stenson (6'3" 202lb, Junior) - 67 power yards, 1 TD, 14 defense. Trevor Binde (5'11'' 240 lb, Soph) a monster on the line, 13 defense. Morgan Jacobs (6'3" 184lb, Soph) steping up on defense, 6 tackles, 3 fumbles caused/recovered, 23 points. You'll also be hearing more about eight grader Isaac "Baby" Jacobs. Tearing it up in Jr High has just been moved up to JV and loving it. Although there wasn't much action in the air from MLS last week, Ben Dhuyvetter (5'11" 120lb, Junior) has been having an awesome year in the D backfield, 5 pick to date.
This team just keeps getting better and is amazing to watch.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby inky » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:44 am

AC-DC wrote:
greff1 wrote:dc is always good. we played them last year and they were solid just like the year before. odds are we will play them again. we never take them lightly and never will. there is something in the water in divide county cause they will have a solid team always. good program and big kids like always

Thanks for the support. We've said it before, but Bob Brown and Nate Nelson know how to run a program and use what the have. There weren't a lot of stand-out players returning this year, but some new kids are making a name for themselves. Some stats from last week. Dalyss Hanson (6'1" 182lb, Senior) - huge as team Captain, 169 yards receiving, 2 TD's and 45 defensive points. Zack Wagenknecht (5'8", 145lb, Senior) - showing off the speed with 174 yards rushing, 2 TD's. Tanner Wolter (6'0" 155lb, Junior) - 224 yards passing and learning how to move with 26 yards and a TD. Jace Stenson (6'3" 202lb, Junior) - 67 power yards, 1 TD, 14 defense. Trevor Binde (5'11'' 240 lb, Soph) a monster on the line, 13 defense. Morgan Jacobs (6'3" 184lb, Soph) steping up on defense, 6 tackles, 3 fumbles caused/recovered, 23 points. You'll also be hearing more about eight grader Isaac "Baby" Jacobs. Tearing it up in Jr High has just been moved up to JV and loving it. Although there wasn't much action in the air from MLS last week, Ben Dhuyvetter (5'11" 120lb, Junior) has been having an awesome year in the D backfield, 5 pick to date.

Dont let Hanson pick it from what i've seen it seems like he takes every pick to the house.
Favrein to Harvin!
inky
NDPreps Starter

Postby AC-DC » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:00 pm

inky wrote:
AC-DC wrote:

Dont let Hanson pick it from what i've seen it seems like he takes every pick to the house.

Pretty much.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hot_Topic » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:52 pm

Honestly.. even the best teams in the West aren't going to be contenders come playoff time.. The East is just plain stacked!
Hot_Topic

Postby greff1 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:52 pm

haha wow there is an amature talking. so your saying that there are no good teams in the west huh? not even the number one and number five teams in state are any good?
greff1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wildguy131 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:40 pm

Hot_Topic wrote:Honestly.. even the best teams in the West aren't going to be contenders come playoff time.. The East is just plain stacked!

have u ever even seen any of the west teams play this year??? i doubt it and if u have your more than likely lieing cuz i highly doubt u've seen any of them play
wildguy131
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:48 am

greff1 wrote:haha wow there is an amature talking. so your saying that there are no good teams in the west huh? not even the number one and number five teams in state are any good?

You set yourself up for this - you call the previous poster an amateur. So you are a pro with your whopping 10 posts????
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:28 am

Hot_Topic wrote:Honestly.. even the best teams in the West aren't going to be contenders come playoff time.. The East is just plain stacked!

Why would you say this? I am from the East, but have watched a number of West teams play. As always, they are as good as any teams in the East. Look out for Mott/Regent this year.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby blue steel » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:40 pm

classB4ever wrote:

Why would you say this? I am from the East, but have watched a number of West teams play. As always, they are as good as any teams in the East. Look out for Mott/Regent this year.

Yea, look out for Mott/Regent, they're looking to be a real sleeper this year with that #1 ranking.
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby classB4ever » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:25 pm

Who said anything about them being a "real sleeper"? The post stated that even the best teams from the west wouldn't do well come play-off time. I for one think Mott/Regent will do quite well, considering they did last year and have essentially their entire team back.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby RB/LB 34 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:41 pm

oh really? the types of football that are played in the east and west are very different. At least they were when i played. the east usually has a lot more really strong players that can move people around and be effective that way. the western half has kids that have speed and live or die by that speed.

Now i'm not saying the east doesn't have speed and the west doesn't have strength. but the east usually does have a stronger showing come playoff time. usually.
RB/LB 34
NDPreps Starter

Postby Danimal » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:11 pm

Hinsa wrote:
greff1 wrote:haha wow there is an amature talking. so your saying that there are no good teams in the west huh? not even the number one and number five teams in state are any good?

You set yourself up for this - you call the previous poster an amateur. So you are a pro with your whopping 10 posts????

Well unlike u, some of us actually have lives outside of ndpreps mr.1033 posts and i think he was simply saying that "hot_topic" was forgetting the fact that the #1 team is from the west and that u just cant get that ranking by being that bad of a team.
Danimal
NDPreps Rookie

Return to 9 - Man