The Favorite half way through?

The teams in 9 Man

Re: The Favorite half way through?

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:15 am

I'm tired of all the excuses for why teams lose.....refs, sick, injuries, blah, blah, blah. Every team has something they have to overcome each year. It's the teams that play through the stuff they can't control and overcome it instead of placing blame and giving excuses that end up winning the championship.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby HometownHigh » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:35 pm

The Burros repeat 2009. From the stands, it is like Groundhog Day - same as 2008. Into their 2-3-4 string in the 3rd/4th quarter. Their hard work has paid off, they have been, afterall, on the other end of the 60-8 games.
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Postby imperials » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Stallng wrote:Napoleon should still be the favorite, NR-S just won by heart and just wanted it more. NGS just overlooked NR-S Thats all.

napoleon did not overlook nrs, nrs just played better that night, yes napoleon has some sick kids and johnson could be out for the year but you dont make excuses, you play the game with who you have on the field, every team goes through injuries and sickness some time during the season. if there is such a thing as a good loss this is one for napoleon, it was a nonregion game, on the road, with playoff atmosphere and they had a chance to win it at the end. i would like napoleon to meet up with them in the playoffs for a rematch and see who the better team is.
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:53 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I'm tired of all the excuses for why teams lose.....refs, sick, injuries, blah, blah, blah. Every team has something they have to overcome each year. It's the teams that play through the stuff they can't control and overcome it instead of placing blame and giving excuses that end up winning the championship.

I totally agree with you. EVERY team has to overcome setbacks, that is the nature of the game. When you lose, learn from it and move on, don't try to justify it with excuses. Face the fact that on that day, for whatever reason, the other team was better. We are not helping kids by providing excuses when they dont succeed. Remember, the real reason high school athletics are so great is because of the life lessons they teach our kids, not for adults to live vicariosly through them in search of some lost glory. There are lessons to be learned with every loss and every win. Teaching our kids to justify every setback will not benefit them in the real world, because that is simply not how life works.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby greff1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:06 pm

i agree with that post as well. but there are acceptions. if you saw the beach mott regent game you would understand. mott did win but there was a ten yard penalty for a chinstrap being unbuttoned without a warning. a sixty yard run was called back because some players were across the white line, not on the field! just the white like about three yards from the field without a warning. every losing team is going to complain obviously but there are games where it is just mind blowing the calls some refs to tend to make.
greff1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greff1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:08 pm

but i also need to add that obviously refs have off nights just like every player or anybody doing anything off nights do happen. thats how good teams lose to bad teams often times, when it gets in your head that your team isnt clicking nine times out of ten your not the only player thinking that. when a team doesnt click it crumbles and there is nothing that anyone can do besides self motivation which is near impossible when the opposing team is man handling you.
greff1
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to 9 - Man