Best players/teams in Region 4?

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Best players/teams in Region 4?

Postby Shaver » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:46 am

I think it would go like this if it ended right now but there is still a lot of football to be played.
'

TGU + 9
SJ + 2
wells 0
NS -11

with the power point system, but I could be wrong.
Shaver
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Stromer » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:22 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:By the way, if the season ended right now does anyone know how the standings would be? I know its extremely unlikely (and maybe even impossible) for the season to end in a 4 way tie for first, but boy would that be a headache to do through the entire tiebreak process.

Yeah unless one of the top 4 teams drops a game to one of the bottom 3, it wont be a 4 way tie. Assuming everyone holds serve, the winners of the St. John- North Star game and the Wells County- TGU game will be the top 2 seeds, while the losers will be the 3 and 4. Wasn't there a three way tie last year? It actually may be less complicated this year.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Xfactor » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:30 pm

I think that TGU is the clear #1 team in the region as long as Keller is playing. North Star, Wells, and St. John are a very close 2-4 in the region and BC is at 5. North Star has a good shot to win the region now but I see TGU making it the farthest in playoffs. I think that this region should do well in the playoffs.
Xfactor
NDPreps Starter

Postby go_chucks » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:15 pm

the power point system does have TGU with St. John, Wells and NS in that order, but they will not use the point system in any event. If Wells beats TGU, then Wells wins the region with a NS loss. If TGU wins then the 'Chucks are in the drivers seat (win out and it's 3peat.) For TGU to win the region they need to beat Wells and a NS win over St. John. Should be interesting going into this weekend. GO TITANS!!!! I think that all 4 of these teams are going to go far into the playoffs, wouldn't be suprised to see a couple meet each other in the later rounds. If you think Keller means alot to TGU, Counts means just as much if not more to St. John. Without Counts the chucks D is horrible.
go_chucks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toddjames » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:35 pm

Chucks, what's the status on Counts? How long is going to be out???
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby go_chucks » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:31 am

he could probally go this weekend, but no use to chance anything when Dunsieth is up next on the schedule......he'll be back for the last 2 games vs. Benson and NS
go_chucks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toddjames » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:55 pm

True, true... I'm looking forward to seeing just how well these Region 4 teams do come playoff time... Looks very promising for the top 4, but then again we still need to see how things play out in the regular season... Biggest game in the region tonight so far with TGU at Wells County... One team will be the first to have two losses on the year should be a good one...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SDK19 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:30 pm

How does everyone think st.john is goin to do against northstart on tuesday?
SDK19
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSUbisonfan4723 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:49 pm

SDK19 wrote:How does everyone think st.john is goin to do against northstart on tuesday?

i see St. John wining by 2 TD
keys to coaching
1) Surround yorself with people who can't live without football
2) Recognize winners. They come in all forms
3) Have a plan for everything

"Don't give up at halftime. COncentrate on winning the second half"

"When you can't score from the 1, you don't deserve to win"
NDSUbisonfan4723
NDPreps Starter

Postby classB4ever » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:34 am

Wells County - 1st
St. John - 2nd
TGU - 3rd
North Star - 4th

Watched the St. John vs. North Star game last night. Hats off to coach Davis and the Woodchuck team. Very disciplined team and run the option very well. St. John should do very well in the playoffs.

Congrats to Wells County for the region title.

Good luck to all Region 4 teams in the upcoming playoffs. I personally think all four teams will represent our region well.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to 9 - Man