2 things catch my eye....

78-0!?!?!?!

and 52-48? wow...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Re: Week 2 Results

Postby EMU20 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:56 pm

wow TGU's coach must like running the score up like that, show some class cause thats just horrible to run te score up like that
EMU20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:41 pm

EMU20 wrote:wow TGU's coach must be a real douce running the score up like that, show some class cause thats just horrible to run te score up like that

Are they just supposed to take 3 knees and punt every time? if you don't get tackled keep running.

Dunseith 0 0 0 0 - 0

TGU4212240 - 78

TGU - Ian Keller 20 pass from Tyler Thorson (Thorson run) 9:40

TGU Zach Thompson 36 pass from Thorson (kick failed) 6:05

TGU- Safety

TGU Keller 55 kickoff return (Keller kick)

TGU Thorson 20 run (kick failed)

TGU Daniel Syvertson 17 pass from Thorson (Keller kick)

TGU Travis Smette 22 run (kick failed)

TGU Trevin Hall 8 run (kick failed)

TGU - Hall 45 run (kick failed)

TGU - Brenden Klebe 55 run (Lane Marshall run)

TGU Levi Black 16 pass from Marshall (Marshall run)

TGU Anthony Zimbleman 35 fumble recovery (Elijah Andel run )

The last 42 points were scored by the subs....I wouldn't call pulling the starters int eh first quarter running up the score...but thats just me. way to look at just the score when making a judgement on sportsmanship.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Coach Rerick » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:57 pm

EMU20 wrote:wow TGU's coach must be a real douce running the score up like that, show some class cause thats just horrible to run te score up like that

I can assure you that Coach Thorson is neither a "douce" nor would he have intended for the final score to look like that. Coach Thorson has been coaching long enough to be on both sides of the ball during games like that, and I personally don't believe that he would want to leave anyone at the game with the impression that he's a "douche". Scores like that are just the unfortunate by-product of the nature of small school football.

Regardless of who you are and where you're from, I'm disappointed that you used your first ever post on a good informative website to call out a well known and well respected head coach. This profession is tough enough, and thankless enough, without having to deal with statements like that.
Coach Rerick
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:30 pm

Recall somebody last year saying it was unsportsmanlike when New Salem(Class A) beat Standing Rock(AA) by 50 points or so. Saw Standing Rock get worse treatment by Watford City yesterday. Now it's Dunseith in the news(Ironically many of these schools that get thumped in football are highly competitive in basketball.) I just don't get people who believe its unsportsmanlike conduct when you are playing varsity vs varsity and one coach is suppose to make decisions that purposely make his team perform worse than they are capable of just to accomodate the shortcomings of another schools program. It doesn't make sense. This entitlement generation has no place in the real world nor should they in the sports world. Just because you show up on the field, doesn't mean you have fullfilled your obligation as a football player, basketball player etc. Do I believe taking a knee for 3 straight snaps and then punt for 3 quarters appropriate, absolutely not. If you have the game in hand, sitting on the 50 yard line with 30 seconds left in the game and do not take a knee to end the game but run a play and score, yes that is not very sportsmanlike.

***great example which relates to my rant earlier on another thread about newbies coming on here and in their first posts start out by name calling. These are the people that should be blocked and have their post deleted because they do not serve any purpose or these cases I think the guy's in red should rip these people. I don't think they would here anybody object if they did.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:56 pm

Coach Rerick wrote:

I can assure you that Coach Thorson is neither a "douce" nor would he have intended for the final score to look like that. Coach Thorson has been coaching long enough to be on both sides of the ball during games like that, and I personally don't believe that he would want to leave anyone at the game with the impression that he's a "douche". Scores like that are just the unfortunate by-product of the nature of small school football.

Regardless of who you are and where you're from, I'm disappointed that you used your first ever post on a good informative website to call out a well known and well respected head coach. This profession is tough enough, and thankless enough, without having to deal with statements like that.

Well said, I would bet majority of these newbies are people who quit the sport and never put the whistle around their neck and conducted one practice of any kind on any level. They sit on the sidelines and believe they are the next Fridley, Manson, Carr, Imdike or Grinnsteiner. heck, I bet they don't even have a clue who those 5 people even are. Of course, there are so many people out there who haven't coached and have no clue on the motto "what goes around comes around." Which often can explain certain plays every year in every sport. Another problem is there are so many coaches now days who aren't in the education field, they are temp. coaches who do the job while their kid is on the team. They often do things that are questionable and then years later when they are gone, payback comes making a visit. Only thing though, that coach is no longer there and people forget what happened. You don't see things like this happen in regions where all the coaches are vets.
bigpoppakdog

Postby baseball » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:10 pm

baseball not running up the score - hitting the ball hard and still getting a ton of base hits and/or runs.

baseball running up the score - stealing and "manufacturing" runs when up 18-0 in the 3rd inning.

basketball not running it up - running an offense and taking good shots, whether they be 3s or 2s.

basketball running it up - pressing when up 30 in the 2nd half.

football not running it up - turn and hand it off and the RB breaks it for 75 yards.

football running it up - blitzing, running hook and ladders, reverses, flee-flicker passes, etc. when the games well in control.

there is a fine line between running up the score and playing hard until the end of the game. but it doesnt take a genious to see where that line is. if your 2nd string is superiour to the opponents 2nd string the lead will continue to increase, and its not running up the score...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:18 pm

yes I would agree. Only problem is not everybodys definition of "genious" is the same. I think some fans(mommies) would be happy if they didn't keep score and didn't have a scoreboard. We showed up so we should be "entitled" to close game decided by fewer than 10 points. I guess I shouldn't just limit that to just mommies. But, they would be at the top of the list.
bigpoppakdog

Postby justplayalready » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:49 pm

didn't the GBB coach in TX lose his job after his team won something like 100-0???

Maybe there needs to be some sort of mercy rule to stop a game where you clearly have a team that shouldn't be competeing at the level they are at...

I heard Keller touched the ball twice in that game...
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby armedndangerous » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:07 pm

He got fired for posting on his school webpage the he disagreed with the school's public applogy and said that he and his team didn't appologize for the score.
armedndangerous
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hunterlaf » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:55 pm

parshall pulled an upset beatin the number 3 team in the region accordin to the minot daily news an pigskin preview when parshall was supposed to be picked last
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan24 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:06 am

Well i thought the Wells County vs St. John game was a great game. St. John was up 12 to 0 at the end of half due to a long tyler bryant touchdown run. But wells county really stepped it up in the second half and Kelby Houchin Broke 2 huge runs one which was a 67 yard run and got them back in the game. Wells County then got the score to 18 to 12 but St. John put together a good drive and tied it up. The 1st and 2nd over times either team scored. but in the third wells county stuffed St Johns when they were at the 4 yard line and put together a good drive and Kelby Houchin got his 3rd TD of the game to win it for the bears. Houchin rushed for 214 yards and had 3 Tds.
ndfan24
NDPreps Starter

Return to 9 - Man