Week 6

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Week 6

Postby thatguy422 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:57 am

AC-DC wrote:
thatguy422 wrote:
inky wrote:
AC-DC wrote:
AC-DC wrote:Divide County @ Kenmare/Bowbells - DC just keeps getting better every week, they'll be up for this!
Parshall/White Shield @ Surrey - Probably more wishful thinking than anything, but what the hay!
Trenton/Trinity Christian @ Westhope/Newburg/Glenburn - TTC could make it close, but not enough.
MLS will obviously be licking their wounds.

Weather Update (Not a nice day for sun-bathing! 8) )
A soggy home field should favor the geese. This one will be a nail-biter and early enough for some highlight footage. Glad we get to tear up their field.
Surrey doesn't seem to mind the rain, which should keep the Parshall wild dog packs away. Surrey's chances have just improved.
Still no hope for TTC.

That wild dog thing happened one time, and you keep talking about it, it gets old dude

I hated Kenmare's field. They're missing grass in areas, I was told this was because they had a sloppy game earlier in the year. Lucky for me, when I played there the ground was extremely hard and the patches of missing grass scratched up everyone's arms/bruised hips ect. Of course this isn't exactly relavant to anything since it will be sloppy tomorrow.

Woohoo Surrey's chances just improved according to DC! go us! : D
I totally just went to Scheel's and bought some 3/4 inch spikes. I was slipping all over against DC, was not pretty.

Uhh what is this wild dog thing? May I be informed?

For some reason, I had in my mind that the game was in Parshall, may be a senility thing. The last time DC played in Parshall there was a pack of wild dogs roaming the field. The game being in Surrey is even better. The moat should keep away invaders. You may want to build a better draw bridge though.

My freshman year when we played in divide county a dog came onto the field during the coin toss. He walked right onto the 50 yard line and took a dump. Then he ran away. haha.

Our moat is intense. It's awful slippery with cleats on. I agree about the draw bridge though, it's pathetic. Definetly not up to today's standards.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AC-DC » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:50 am

thatguy422 wrote:My freshman year when we played in divide county a dog came onto the field during the coin toss. He walked right onto the 50 yard line and took a dump. Then he ran away. haha.

Our moat is intense. It's awful slippery with cleats on. I agree about the draw bridge though, it's pathetic. Definetly not up to today's standards.

That was pretty hilarious.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby That SCC Guy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:55 am

Shiloh Christian @ Napoleon/G-S
Richland @ Edgeley-Kulm
Ellendale @ Kidder County
South Border @ Strasburg/Zeeland
Wyndmere/Lidgerwood @ Central Valley
That SCC Guy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:58 pm

That SCC Guy wrote:Shiloh Christian @ Napoleon/G-S
Richland @ Edgeley-Kulm
Ellendale @ Kidder County
South Border @ Strasburg/Zeeland
Wyndmere/Lidgerwood @ Central Valley

No way Richland beats E-K.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoopster* » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:18 pm

Wells County over TGU
hoopster*
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greff1 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:49 pm

anyone have anything to say about that divide game?!?! hahahaha god i was totally backing divide up until this game. :lol:
greff1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AC-DC » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:58 pm

greff1 wrote:anyone have anything to say about that divide game?!?! hahahaha god i was totally backing divide up until this game. :lol:

No excuses, just too many mistakes in terrible conditions. At least Surrey's moat is around the field, not the Field. There is a reason they call it a home field advantage. Pretty obvious how Kenmare beat MLS now.
A loss this year was inevitable, you just hate to see it. The kids are trying hard though and putting on a good show. Keep up the hard work!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:17 pm

Both teams played in the same conditions.....can't use that as an excuse. Do you think if it was played in Crosby that would make up 24 pts?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby thatguy422 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:09 am

AC-DC wrote:
greff1 wrote:anyone have anything to say about that divide game?!?! hahahaha god i was totally backing divide up until this game. :lol:

No excuses, just too many mistakes in terrible conditions. At least Surrey's moat is around the field, not the Field. There is a reason they call it a home field advantage. Pretty obvious how Kenmare beat MLS now.
A loss this year was inevitable, you just hate to see it. The kids are trying hard though and putting on a good show. Keep up the hard work!

As ndlionsfan said, a sloppy field is no excuse. Both teams had to play on it, it was just as wet and slippery for Kenmare as it was for DC.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AC-DC » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:45 am

ndlionsfan wrote:Both teams played in the same conditions.....can't use that as an excuse. Do you think if it was played in Crosby that would make up 24 pts?

We were in trouble before the game even started. The guys looked like they had a lot of places they would rather be. Hard to control the game when a the ball ends up in the mud at least 1 out of 4. Not saying DC would have won at home, but it definetely would have been a different and cleaner game. Would love to see the replay footage of the Dalyss Hanson reception on the 1 yard line that ended up as a Kenmare interception for a touch back. Hard to comprehend from our angle. Did anyone actually see the game on BEK Sports?
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby inky » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:32 am

AC-DC wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Both teams played in the same conditions.....can't use that as an excuse. Do you think if it was played in Crosby that would make up 24 pts?

We were in trouble before the game even started. The guys looked like they had a lot of places they would rather be. Hard to control the game when a the ball ends up in the mud at least 1 out of 4. Not saying DC would have won at home, but it definetely would have been a different and cleaner game. Would love to see the replay footage of the Dalyss Hanson reception on the 1 yard line that ended up as a Kenmare interception for a touch back. Hard to comprehend from our angle. Did anyone actually see the game on BEK Sports?

Kenmare has a huge home field advantage anytime they play at home, when i was an 8th grader the field conditions were so bad up there and sloppy
Favrein to Harvin!
inky
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:31 am

How is that a home field advantage, tho? Both teams play on the same field in the same conditions.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby AC-DC » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:44 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:How is that a home field advantage, tho? Both teams play on the same field in the same conditions.

I would have thought that was obvious. You get used to playing in slop, you get better at playing in slop.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:06 pm

Still nothing but excuses to me
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:26 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Still nothing but excuses to me

You just have to let ac/dc do his thing: praise Divide County, never give credit to anyone else and put down other teams if you have the chance.

Here is my favorite notable quotable from ac/dc:

AC-DC wrote:I still say Williams County is over-rated and caught DC on a slow start to the season. They'll get theirs before the season is out. A play-off rematch will give WC a final 9-man kicking before they move on to 11-man!

This was after DC lost by 3 TDs to Williams County last year.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby AC-DC » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:24 am

Flip wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Still nothing but excuses to me

You just have to let ac/dc do his thing: praise Divide County, never give credit to anyone else and put down other teams if you have the chance.

I'll admit I'm wrong, if Kenmare actually wins a big game that is not at home on their swamp. Looks like we'll have to wait for play-offs.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 9man-fan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:22 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:How is that a home field advantage, tho? Both teams play on the same field in the same conditions.

I've got to agree with AC-DC...They got used to playing on their own field in those type of conditions. DC didn't have a chance to get used to those conditions. Yes, both teams played in the same crappy conditions, but the difference is that Kenmare was accustomed to those conditions on their own field unlike DC. Home field advantage still applies.

From what I hear, both teams had a pretty sloppy game (I wasn't there, so I don't know). The loss was possibly a good thing for the DC boys though. I think they got a little cocky after their win over MLS. A loss isn't always a bad thing...it will get their heads back on track for the rest of the regular season and for the playoffs.
9man-fan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Flip » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:29 pm

9man-fan wrote:They (KB) got used to playing on their own field in those type of conditions.

Who practices on their football field?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby 9man-fan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:55 pm

Flip wrote:
9man-fan wrote:They (KB) got used to playing on their own field in those type of conditions.

Who practices on their football field?

Nobody. They don't have to practice on their field to be used to playing on it. They play on it though. They know their field better than anyone else does. Also, their practice field should generally have the same amount of rainfall as their football field. Their practice field, although different, should be nearly similar under those conditions. From experience, Kenmares field isn't very great during good conditions either. The Kenmare boys (at least in theory) should know how their field will be to play on better than any away team during any condition.
9man-fan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:32 pm

Wow you guys are stretching. So under this thinking the home team in baseball has an advantage because they know where a ball could hit a rock on their field and take a bad bounce.....or the home team basketball has an advantange because they know where a dead spot in the floor is so they don't dribble on it?? Give me a break!
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to 9 - Man