Week 5

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Week 5

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:24 am

E@stern Executioner wrote:Hillsboro 60, Richland 8

I've watched football for many years and saw a FIRST. A group of 40 or 50 something year old men trash talking everyone in sight ... opposing coaches, players, stats and fans (even when down by 40 around halftime). Congrats to the chain gang for the Richland Colts! When your kids graduate, the next dads in line have big shoes to fill.

It never ceasesto amaze me, this happens more often than one would think. Just let the kids play the game and keep the negativity to yourself, be positive or shut the heck up.

Side note - I hope they werent trash talkng you, that, I think, would be a huge mistake on their part.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby AC-DC » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:29 am

DC - 54, MLS - 48 !!!!!!!!
What an incredible come back, down 10 - 30 at half. DC dug deep when needed and showed everyone what they are made of. Way to go!!! So many highlights its hard to mention them all, but Dalyss Hanson's 96 yard interception return was amazing.

DC obviously just wanted it more. With 7 TD's each, the difference was DC denying 5 conversions and scoring a safety.
Last edited by AC-DC on Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby itsallabouteddie » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:53 am

I've watched football for many years and saw a FIRST. A group of 40 or 50 something year old men trash talking everyone in sight ... opposing coaches, players, stats and fans (even when down by 40 around halftime). Congrats to the chain gang for the Richland Colts! When your kids graduate, the next dads in line have big shoes to fill.

sweet, the fargo forum website said that Richland won 60-8, i knew it was wrong but i had to come on this website to make sure
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:15 am

EHS1998 wrote:

It never ceasesto amaze me, this happens more often than one would think. Just let the kids play the game and keep the negativity to yourself, be positive or shut the heck up.

Side note - I hope they werent trash talkng you, that, I think, would be a huge mistake on their part.

Unfortunately the trend seems only to be growing. We have shortages in officials and these blowhards from the side lines don't help the matter. I don't they care realize nor car either. Just trying to relieve the "back in my day" idea.
bigpoppakdog

Postby E@stern Executioner » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:06 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:

Unfortunately the trend seems only to be growing. We have shortages in officials and these blowhards from the side lines don't help the matter. I don't they care realize nor car either. Just trying to relieve the "back in my day" idea.

In case there was any confusion or people didn't recognize my sarcasm, the group of arrogant @sses ... WAS ... the Richland chain gang.
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:38 pm

The South Border/Kidder County game was fun to watch. (Final score: SB - 44 KC - 30) Both teams had a number of 30+ yard plays, both teams put the ball on the ground a few times and both teams had some good passing plays. Offensively they both looked good, defensivley neither looked that good.
SB needs to work on their pass defense if hey plan on going to he playoffs and doing anything once they are there.
There were a few of the "village idiots" on th SB sideline that thought they had a better look at things than the officials out on the field too. Seems to be happening more and more every year. You couldn't pay me enough to ref these games and put up with the "villae idiots".
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby badboy20 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:52 pm

The St john TGU game had alot of intensity it was one the region 4 games that can possibly decide who takes that region this year i believe there is a 4 way tie in that region from what i hear between

St john
TGU
Wells Co
North Star

gonna be good to see what it comes down too gonna be a good friday night coming up.
badboy20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Stallng » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:41 pm

Stallng wrote:9/25/09
Napoleon/G-S @ New Rockford-Sheyenne
Strasburg/Zeeland @ Ellendale
Kidder County @ South Border
Finley-Sharon/Hope Page @ Wyndmere/Lidgerwood
Dakota Prairie @ North Border
Wells County @ North Star--- air attack will win
MLS Mohall/Sherwood @ Divide County
Surrey @ Kenmare Bowbells
Beach @ Mott-Regent
Richardton-Taylor @ Central McLean
W-N-G @ Parshall-WS

10-1 i should pick for minot daily
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 3pointChief » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:44 pm

i dont see how divide or surrey had a tough time with WNG?
Parshalls starting running back and middle linebacker was out the whole game and Parshall still had no problem with them.
Bolkan.....for a double bogey?
3pointChief
NDPreps Starter

Postby thatguy422 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:14 pm

3pointChief wrote:i dont see how divide or surrey had a tough time with WNG?
Parshalls starting running back and middle linebacker was out the whole game and Parshall still had no problem with them.

Surrey had 5 turnovers. Handoffs were behind or on the hips of the running backs. Hard to win a game with 5 turnovers. I don't know about divide though haha
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AC-DC » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:22 pm

thatguy422 wrote:
3pointChief wrote:i dont see how divide or surrey had a tough time with WNG?

Surrey had 5 turnovers. Handoffs were behind or on the hips of the running backs. Hard to win a game with 5 turnovers. I don't know about divide though haha

I don't call 34 - 20 that tough of a time for a first game. PWS's 26 - 12 effort is even less impressive from the self-proclaimed region power house!
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WhoDey » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:41 pm

This is a really late reply to this, just joined and was looking through all the topics. I was at this game on the Hillsboro side line as well. I didnt hear the chain gang but if it happened, that is ridiculous. I was actually dissappointed with Hillsboro's coaches as well. Early in the 3rd quarter they put their subs but Richland decided to keep their starting Offense in. I heard Hillsboros coaches screaming at Richlands coaches that they were padding the stats by keeping their offense in. I heard Richlands head coach yell back about wanting to score a touchdown. Looking at Richlands previous games they hadnt scored really at all this year and struggled offensively. So wanting to score a TD doesnt seem out of hand to me. Up 50 and yelling at the other coaches about padding the stats on what seemed to be a very bad team is ridiculous as well. All of the parties involved here need to grow up, coaches and chain gang. Be professional!
WhoDey

Previous

Return to 9 - Man