Regional Predictions

The teams in 9 Man

Regional Predictions

Postby football45 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:51 pm

Only a week until practices get underway. Lets get some predictions from around the regions. Top 4 teams (Playoff teams) in each region.

Reg 1
Napoleon
Oakes
Ed-Kulm
South Border

Reg 2
Wyndmere
Hillsboro
Central Valley
Hankinson

Reg 3
Thompson
Dak Praire
North Border
Lakota

Reg 4
North Star
Maddock
St. John
Towner

Reg 5
Berthold
Divide
Mohall/Sher
Will Co.

Reg 6
Central Mclean
RTH
Mott-Reg
Hettinger
football45
NDPreps Starter

Re: Regional Predictions

Postby KyleJRM » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:16 pm

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first year of the realignment, and Williams County will be playing 11-man A.
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:16 pm

KyleJRM wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first year of the realignment, and Williams County will be playing 11-man A.

Oakes is 11-man as well. I think it will be between Napoleon and SB in Region 1.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby thatguy422 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:32 am

Berthold is also 11 man
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:21 am

Maddock doesn't have a team anymore....they co-oped with NCB to form Benson County this season.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby football45 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:55 am

I should have did my research it looks like. Lets just skip who is and isnt a team and get the debate going. Who is going to be tops in the regions?
football45
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:25 pm

In region 4 I'd have to say Wells County or TGU would be the favorite. You can't count out St John because of their recent success, but I think they lost a little to much from last year to win the region again. Look for Benson County to surprise a lot of people and have a successful season. I think Northstar will be on the outside looking in with just not enough get into the playoffs. Tri County and Dunseith should bring up the rear.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby go_chucks » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:55 pm

Region 4 should be very competitve this year. I'd say that St. John, Wells Co., and TGU should be the front runners with either team coming out on top. North Star is a team that could sneak into the top 3 (if they learn what Defense is). Benson Co. should compete for a play-off spot with NS, but might be a year away. Dunsieth and Tri-Co. will struggle.
my preditcction are St. John, Wells Co., TGU, and NS in that order.
go_chucks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classB4ever » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:44 pm

go_chucks wrote:Region 4 should be very competitve this year. I'd say that St. John, Wells Co., and TGU should be the front runners with either team coming out on top. North Star is a team that could sneak into the top 3 (if they learn what Defense is). Benson Co. should compete for a play-off spot with NS, but might be a year away. Dunsieth and Tri-Co. will struggle.
my preditcction are St. John, Wells Co., TGU, and NS in that order.

If I am not mistaken, 2 years ago, St. John's defense was not exactly stellar. And last year they were incredible. It is amazing what can happen in the course of one year and with juniors becoming seniors.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby justplayalready » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:43 pm

4 should be good with 5 teams in it:

St John - they do lose some studs & think losing Finch & Slater will be harder to replace for them than replacing Davis, Davis & Laducer...but they bring back Bryant & the work ethic from their recent success...Should be good at both sides of the ball

NS - tough to replace Kennedy...Need a speed guy to step up, solid at QB & will have some seniors who are ready to win...they should be better this year & will throw the ball alot, need to work at Defense

Wells - Don't know much, bring back their backs...should be a good power running team, should play good D

TGU - Have Keller, but need others to step up, to draw away attention from Keller...Thorson needs to stay healthy

Benson - Not sure who will QB as Maddock loses Smith & NCB loses Paulson...Maddock brings some good guys

Barring any major suprises injury wise, I'll take.
STJ
NS
Wells
TGU
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:32 pm

where do people think South Border will end up?
bigpoppakdog

Postby Flip » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:40 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:where do people think South Border will end up?

1st or 2nd in the region. They came on strong at the end of the season and have almost their whole team coming back, minus their QB and FB. FB was good, QB was meh. IIRC FB was a LB and QB a safety of defense. I'm say "1st or 2nd" out of respect for Napoleon. I really have no idea what they bring back.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1402 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:10 pm

Dont anyone think much of north boarder this year we played them in an exhibiton game friday and they were horrible. There QB couldnt throw the ball over 30 yards there line is extremely small and has no strenght we ran a 4-3 defense against them n there qb went down a lot there weak up front n there RB doesnt have much speed. They wont be in region 3 championship contention they might make the playoffs becasue region 3 is weak this year but it'll be either thompson or DP with the championship!
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1402 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:16 pm

In my opionion region 2 could go to any of 4-5 teams. Wyndmere's said to be the favorite right now but anyone could go out there and beat them on a good night. Hillsboros down burg, boedekker, and grothmann the first two games and ones against wyndmere which is a huge game. Central Valley has a strongly experienced senior class who have had success playing in the past years and now there without there top receiver/return man Chase Luchsinger until about the 4th game. Hankinson who will be good also and tough to beat the last i heard they lost there QB for a few games not possitive on that. And a team to watch would be FS/HP you never know if there going to come out strong with Ihry running the ball but when i watched them play exhibition the other day there line looked small and not any experience so that could be something to watch for.
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:57 pm

baseball1402 wrote:Dont anyone think much of north boarder this year we played them in an exhibiton game friday and they were horrible. There QB couldnt throw the ball over 30 yards there line is extremely small and has no strenght we ran a 4-3 defense against them n there qb went down a lot there weak up front n there RB doesnt have much speed. They wont be in region 3 championship contention they might make the playoffs becasue region 3 is weak this year but it'll be either thompson or DP with the championship!

I think you do some more research there baseball1402. Region 3 overall this year is as tough as its been in a couple years. It is definitely stronger this year than last year, it has 4 teams that could make it to the state playoffs. New Rockford, Lakota-A-E, Dakota Prairie, and Thompson. In the Pigskin, Herald, and Forum all have had picked different winners. All return atleast 7 to 8 starters, and all 4 teams were in the playoffs last year. NB has no chance, I watched the scrimmage on Friday night, seen FSHP, CV, Drayton, and NB all play. All four teams have weak lines, but CV gets by with there speed. NB will be lucky to beat Drayton this year.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:48 am

baseball1402 wrote:Hillsboros down burg, boedekker, and grothmann the first two games and ones against wyndmere which is a huge game.

Is this for sure? I have heard different reports. If they are able to play every game I like them to win the region. If not I still think they might have a chance, because only one of the two games are region games.

pakkyzoo wrote: NB will be lucky to beat Drayton this year.

So you're saying they'll be underdogs against Stephen-Argyle on Sept. 4th?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1402 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:02 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
baseball1402 wrote:Dont anyone think much of north boarder this year we played them in an exhibiton game friday and they were horrible. There QB couldnt throw the ball over 30 yards there line is extremely small and has no strenght we ran a 4-3 defense against them n there qb went down a lot there weak up front n there RB doesnt have much speed. They wont be in region 3 championship contention they might make the playoffs becasue region 3 is weak this year but it'll be either thompson or DP with the championship!

I think you do some more research there baseball1402. Region 3 overall this year is as tough as its been in a couple years. It is definitely stronger this year than last year, it has 4 teams that could make it to the state playoffs. New Rockford, Lakota-A-E, Dakota Prairie, and Thompson. In the Pigskin, Herald, and Forum all have had picked different winners. All return atleast 7 to 8 starters, and all 4 teams were in the playoffs last year. NB has no chance, I watched the scrimmage on Friday night, seen FSHP, CV, Drayton, and NB all play. All four teams have weak lines, but CV gets by with there speed. NB will be lucky to beat Drayton this year.

I said region 3 was weaker this year because of how down north boarder is and i dont know much about New Rockford ive never watched them play. The only teams that i knew really could win the region was thompson or DP. Lakota i thought lost quite a bit with the senior player of the year wilkerson, novaks, and ackerman. I dont know who they brought over from AE i just know that AEE has been terrible the last 3 years so i didnt think theyd be to great. I know thompson and DP will be really solid though. And out of the four teams that were playing in that scrimmage CV blew both drayton and NB away they scored 54 points against them they were both weak and they have a really strong running defense just have to work a little on there pass defense.
Last edited by baseball1402 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball1402 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:03 pm

Flip wrote:
baseball1402 wrote:Hillsboros down burg, boedekker, and grothmann the first two games and ones against wyndmere which is a huge game.

Is this for sure? I have heard different reports. If they are able to play every game I like them to win the region. If not I still think they might have a chance, because only one of the two games are region games.

pakkyzoo wrote: NB will be lucky to beat Drayton this year.

So you're saying they'll be underdogs against Stephen-Argyle on Sept. 4th?

Yeah burg, boedekker, and grothmann are all out for the first two games the first ones against thompson and the second ones against Wyndmere-Lidgerwood. And yes NB are huge underdogs in that game they are horrible right now.
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby the truth 91 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:16 am

First off oakes is not even in region one and second they play in the eleven man division.
the truth 91
NDPreps Rookie

Postby outspoken » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:58 am

region one title will go to South Border
outspoken
NDPreps Reserve

Return to 9 - Man