Region 2!

The teams in 9 Man

Region 2!

Postby skidoo7c926 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:57 pm

Whats goona happen in region 2 this year! hillsboro lost there whole line but there still goona be tough along with hankinson whos the favorite?
skidoo7c926
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Region 2!

Postby Kenseth » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:37 pm

With all the spots Hillsboro has to fill it will take them a few guys to get up to speed, but after that they'll be darn good again. Sure probably not the caliber of last year, but that is hard to compare to with anyone. I think Hillsboro will either win the region or get second to Wyndmere. I predict them making it to the quarterfinals this year. These seniors got some GREAT experience last year so that's where the success is going to come from
Kenseth
NDPreps Reserve

Postby skidoo7c926 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:20 pm

Kenseth wrote:With all the spots Hillsboro has to fill it will take them a few guys to get up to speed, but after that they'll be darn good again. Sure probably not the caliber of last year, but that is hard to compare to with anyone. I think Hillsboro will either win the region or get second to Wyndmere. I predict them making it to the quarterfinals this year. These seniors got some GREAT experience last year so that's where the success is going to come from

Yeah overall theres 4 good teams goin into this region....Hillsboro is going to be tough again, Wyndmere, Hankinson, and the Central Valley who enters the region this year with a lot of experience coming back from the last 2 seasons
skidoo7c926
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Kenseth » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:59 pm

Yeah overall theres 4 good teams goin into this region....Hillsboro is going to be tough again, Wyndmere, Hankinson, and the Central Valley who enters the region this year with a lot of experience coming back from the last 2 seasons
Kenseth wrote:With all the spots Hillsboro has to fill it will take them a few guys to get up to speed, but after that they'll be darn good again. Sure probably not the caliber of last year, but that is hard to compare to with anyone. I think Hillsboro will either win the region or get second to Wyndmere. I predict them making it to the quarterfinals this year. These seniors got some GREAT experience last year so that's where the success is going to come from

I'm sorry but the only experience Central Valley has is in losing. The kids there seem to talk alot and amount to not a whole lot.
Kenseth
NDPreps Reserve

Postby skidoo7c926 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:09 pm

I'm sorry but the only experience Central Valley has is in losing. The kids there seem to talk alot and amount to not a whole lot.[/quote]

Central Valley has 6 seniors that already have 2 years of experience and are all solid players. There defense will be tough bringing in a couple juniors that also have some experience there biggest problem will be finding a couple underclassmen 2 fill in those spots when people need rest. There goona be a solid offensive team also if everyone can stay healthy and there line starts blocking better which it should be better this year with 2 seniors and a junior all with experience.
skidoo7c926
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Kenseth » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:39 am

Central Valley has 6 seniors that already have 2 years of experience and are all solid players. There defense will be tough bringing in a couple juniors that also have some experience there biggest problem will be finding a couple underclassmen 2 fill in those spots when people need rest. There goona be a solid offensive team also if everyone can stay healthy and there line starts blocking better which it should be better this year with 2 seniors and a junior all with experience.

Comment deleted and user warned. You cannot call out posters by name and calling people names is unacceptable as well.
Kenseth
NDPreps Reserve

Postby homer » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:41 pm

heard hankinson lost their qb for a few games this fall
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby skidoo7c926 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:40 pm

homer wrote:heard hankinson lost their qb for a few games this fall

Did he get a minor? or what happened?
skidoo7c926
NDPreps Reserve

Postby skidoo7c926 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:41 pm

Hopefully hes gone 4 quite a few games!
Last edited by skidoo7c926 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skidoo7c926
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:36 pm

skidoo7c926 wrote:
homer wrote:heard hankinson lost their qb for a few games this fall

Did he get a minor? or what happened?

Reminder that you cannot discuss supension on this forum other than to say, FACTUALLY, that someone is suspended. Reasons for the suspension and speculation about the suspension are not allowed.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby homer » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:36 pm

the only word of suspension was made by hinsa i didnt say why he was out i just heard it from someone from there who said he was. i have no idea why he is.knee surgery ?he had a bad back too so who knows
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby skidoo7c926 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:53 pm

homer wrote:the only word of suspension was made by hinsa i didnt say why he was out i just heard it from someone from there who said he was. i have no idea why he is.knee surgery ?he had a bad back too so who knows

Ic i never heard anything about it hes good though so its not goona bother me one bit haha.
skidoo7c926
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:31 am

How should Richland be?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:35 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but Richland's run of great athletes is waning. They lost a ton of talent and their male student numbers are dropping considerably now. They will play hard but it seems when I looked at their roster last year they were senior dominated with not very many underclassmen on the roster.

Anyone know any different?
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball1402 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:06 pm

Hinsa wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but Richland's run of great athletes is waning. They lost a ton of talent and their male student numbers are dropping considerably now. They will play hard but it seems when I looked at their roster last year they were senior dominated with not very many underclassmen on the roster.

Anyone know any different?

I agree besides the last i heard they brought back most of there starting lineman which were all pretty powerful. They lost a lot of talent in the backfield with there RB and QB which were both good but im pretty sure they lose quite a bit besides there line which i could be wrong on that.
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby homer » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:16 am

richland had 15 on the roster i think. and at the game against lakota they had absolutely no time to do anything.So i think the loss of last years seniors is going to hurt alot.
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby rudy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Strenge and the warriors are the team to beat in region 2. Hillsboro will be tough when they have a full lineup.
rudy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:21 pm

Hillsboro will be fine when the full team is intact. They matched Thompson score for score until a fumble in the 4th quarter did them in on Tuesday. If Grothmann, Boeddeker, and Burg come back with a chip on their shoulder and want to make a statement, the Burros could run the table on their remaining schedule. IF...IF...that trio comes back focused.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby PlayHard-KHCO » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:33 am

Hinsa wrote:Hillsboro will be fine when the full team is intact. They matched Thompson score for score until a fumble in the 4th quarter did them in on Tuesday. If Grothmann, Boeddeker, and Burg come back with a chip on their shoulder and want to make a statement, the Burros could run the table on their remaining schedule. IF...IF...that trio comes back focused.

focused or not- do you really think 3 players would have overcome combined losses of almost 50 points? Im assuming you are saying they may be the teams best (some of the best) players- but even then the other 6 have to contribute to overcome that. Unless the rest of their schedule is fluff.
"The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer."
John Madden
PlayHard-KHCO
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:49 am

PlayHard-KHCO wrote:focused or not- do you really think 3 players would have overcome combined losses of almost 50 points?

I do. I was at Friday's game and Hillsboro has one viable option on offense with those 3 out, Mayo. W-L didn't have to worry about stopping anything besides Mayo and for a long time they couldn't do it. Hillsboro rarely ran any power plays to their RBs, which I'm sure they will with Grothman back. I assume Boeddeker will play at FB and teams might actually have to respect the dive back. I don't know the team well enough, but now maybe the backs move to the line where they would normally play and the team will upgrade at 5 or 6 positions. Hillsboro probably gives up 2 less TDs on D and I think easily scores more 2 TDs if they play W-L again.

Thompson game if played again is a blowout in Hillsboro's favor. I never saw this game, this is only my opinion.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby E@stern Executioner » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:36 am

Flip wrote:
PlayHard-KHCO wrote:focused or not- do you really think 3 players would have overcome combined losses of almost 50 points?

I do. I was at Friday's game and Hillsboro has one viable option on offense with those 3 out, Mayo. W-L didn't have to worry about stopping anything besides Mayo and for a long time they couldn't do it. Hillsboro rarely ran any power plays to their RBs, which I'm sure they will with Grothman back. I assume Boeddeker will play at FB and teams might actually have to respect the dive back. I don't know the team well enough, but now maybe the backs move to the line where they would normally play and the team will upgrade at 5 or 6 positions. Hillsboro probably gives up 2 less TDs on D and I think easily scores more 2 TDs if they play W-L again.

Thompson game if played again is a blowout in Hillsboro's favor. I never saw this game, this is only my opinion.

Perfectly stated. It's not just 3 kids -- it's THE three kids. Mayo is a STUD but can't do much offensively by himself. He will put up great numbers this year when the defense has to worry about other options. I'm not making excuses because the team completely brought this on themselves but...they would have beat Thompson somewhat handily and had one great game against WL last night. I don't see them losing another game. They will be pushed often (unlike last year) but can't see them losing again.
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:13 pm

They'll lose again!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:29 pm

Thompson beat Central Valley 36-6 tonight
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby E@stern Executioner » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:15 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:They'll lose again!!

Care to elaborate or are you just gonna throw out random comments and hope one sticks?
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:58 am

Richland loses 48-8 to South Border. I'll post more about this game in the region 1 thread later today.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to 9 - Man