Region 2!

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Region 2!

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:11 am

psycho wrote:I see in another post you have Hillsboro in the Quarter finals against W/L. You might want to check that NR/S, Lakota, Kidder Co or Napolean might have something to say about that.

I said "I think" Hillsboro will be the #2 team in the region, and if you look at the playoff format it would be almost impossible for them to meet KC or Napolean.

Let me add I'm not from Hillsboro and have no reason to brag them up better than they are. If Hillsboro isn't as good as I think they are I'll post on here that I was wrong.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:16 am

What happened in the CV/Hankinson game? I was starting believe in CV. I picked them to win this week and they get blown out.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:23 pm

Hankinson got their QB, Althoff, back for this game. I'm not surprised that Hankinson's offensive production picked up because Althoff is the real deal. But I'm very surprised that CV got shut out. What happened to CV's offense?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby 5-time state chump » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:19 pm

psycho wrote: Hillsboro will crush the rest of their opponents. I am not a Hillsboro booster but the reality is that they have already played the two best teams on their schedule and with their entire team intact, they will be very difficult to beat in the playoffs. The rest of their schedule is fairly soft and the physical play they will bring each week will not be matched by any team they play the rest of the way during the regular season.

The 1993 Dallas Cowboys are the only NFL team to start 0-2 and then go on to win the SB.

IF Hillsboro goes on to win the state championship, will they be the first 9-man in ND team to ever do so? How about first high school team in ND to do so?
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1402 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:58 am

Hinsa wrote:Hankinson got their QB, Althoff, back for this game. I'm not surprised that Hankinson's offensive production picked up because Althoff is the real deal. But I'm very surprised that CV got shut out. What happened to CV's offense?

Cv didnt show up to that game to play. They had a bad offensive game couldnt block, couldnt get the passing or running game going. They struggled a lot containing althoff. Theyd spread the field and when all of cv's cornerbacks got deep althoff would take off running and hes not easy to take down. They played bad that week but they found there offense again by putting up 26 on W-L and 42 on DSTV.
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby E@stern Executioner » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:05 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
E@stern Executioner wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:They'll lose again!!

Care to elaborate or are you just gonna throw out random comments and hope one sticks?

Hillsboro will find another game on the schedule to lose...even with those players back

Runner -- you still sticking with this argument or ... not?

I think they've won every game by a 40-point margin except the Hankinson game.
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HometownHigh » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:02 pm

The 1993 Dallas Cowboys are the only NFL team to start 0-2 and then go on to win the SB.
2001 New England, 2007 NY Giants

IF Hillsboro goes on to win the state championship, will they be the first 9-man in ND team to ever do so? How about first high school team in ND to do so?

How about them Burros - will they do it?
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Postby bant325 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:22 pm

HometownHigh wrote:The 1993 Dallas Cowboys are the only NFL team to start 0-2 and then go on to win the SB.
2001 New England, 2007 NY Giants

How about them Burros - will they do it?

If Hillsboro is healthy, they are the only team on the eastern side of the state that could play with W-L. Whoever wins the East, wins the state title.
If winning isn't everything...why keep score!
bant325
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 68chevy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:01 pm

PlayHard-KHCO wrote:
Hinsa wrote:Hillsboro will be fine when the full team is intact. They matched Thompson score for score until a fumble in the 4th quarter did them in on Tuesday. If Grothmann, Boeddeker, and Burg come back with a chip on their shoulder and want to make a statement, the Burros could run the table on their remaining schedule. IF...IF...that trio comes back focused.

focused or not- do you really think 3 players would have overcome combined losses of almost 50 points? Im assuming you are saying they may be the teams best (some of the best) players- but even then the other 6 have to contribute to overcome that. Unless the rest of their schedule is fluff.

I fully believe that the other 3 players being back could have changed the outcome of those games. Also the other starters have gotten better. The whole team has gotten better. I'm sure that the three guys will come back focused.
68chevy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sport » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:38 am

E@stern Executioner wrote:
Thompson game if played again is a blowout in Hillsboro's favor. I never saw this game, this is only my opinion.

Perfectly stated. It's not just 3 kids -- it's THE three kids. Mayo is a STUD but can't do much offensively by himself. He will put up great numbers this year when the defense has to worry about other options. I'm not making excuses because the team completely brought this on themselves but...they would have beat Thompson somewhat handily and had one great game against WL last night. I don't see them losing another game. They will be pushed often (unlike last year) but can't see them losing again.[/quote]

I thought these were some pretty big statements so early in the year. I thought it might come back to haunt Hillsboro. Pretty good football mind Executioner.
sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:55 pm

sport wrote:I thought these were some pretty big statements so early in the year. I thought it might come back to haunt Hillsboro. Pretty good football mind Executioner.

The first quote about Hillsboro crushing Thompson was mine, not EE.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:26 pm

3 of the 4 teams left in the east are from Region 2. Strong region this year. The first tip-off we had of this was when W-L blasted South Border earlier in the year. And now with Althoff back at Hankinson, the Pirates have looked excellent. I think they blast South Border and it will be a Region 2 showdown for the east spot in the title game.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to 9 - Man