toughest position to play

Postby Cowboyman » Fri May 01, 2009 9:14 am

what is the toughest position to play in a football game
pin it to win it
Cowboyman
NDPreps Starter

Re: toughest position to play

Postby smroni » Fri May 01, 2009 10:20 pm

In nine-man football, I would say defensive back against any team that is successful at passing the ball.
smroni
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PlowinDaWay » Mon May 04, 2009 5:23 pm

i would have to say linebacker position because you have to take on blockers and watch for the run as well as dropping back into pass coverages
PlowinDaWay
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Beston51 » Mon May 04, 2009 7:01 pm

yeah i'd prolly have to say linebacker too.
Beston51
NDPreps Starter

Postby Cowboyman » Fri May 08, 2009 8:50 am

all of those are good, but what about the center, he has to be fast enough to hike the ball and then he has to block to
pin it to win it
Cowboyman
NDPreps Starter

Postby woodchuckfaithfull » Fri May 08, 2009 2:41 pm

Defensively the toughest position to play from my experience has been outside linebacker by far. Its tough to read the guard and tight end at the same time. Also it can be hard to tell if the tight end is coming out to down block or if hes running a route. Offensively center and quarterback would be the hardest positions to play. The center has to have almost perfect blocking angles against a fast linebacker in a 4-3 and with a good nose tackle to snap the ball then make the block is pretty difficult. The quarterback has to know the coverages watch the blitz and make option reads and thats a lot to handle.
woodchuckfaithfull
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sports for life » Sat May 09, 2009 8:55 pm

I agree. I think that center is the toughest position to play and i'd know from experience. I played end, running back, and center on offense this year and center was by far the hardest position to play.
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Postby badboy20 » Mon May 11, 2009 8:56 pm

I am gonna have to agree with sports for life i would know beacause i have watched him play the center position and he was hilarious messing up on the counts haha giving false starts not hating on you but it was funny stuff man!!
badboy20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sports for life » Tue May 12, 2009 2:17 pm

badboy20 wrote:I am gonna have to agree with sports for life i would know beacause i have watched him play the center position and he was hilarious messing up on the counts haha giving false starts not hating on you but it was funny stuff man!!

Pretty sure i never messed up the counts and i only had one false start hahahaha
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Postby PlayHard-KHCO » Sat May 16, 2009 10:14 pm

ok, well they'll win a couple games, but wont be at the top of the region, prolly wont make playoffs and if they get lucky enough and do they'll get killed in 1st round! 1 good player--no line, no qb, no wr------BAD

I'm thinking that poor one good player for Hillsboro would be the hardest position ever - i mean- he will be out there all by himself- 1 on 9- now that's a hard spot to play.
"The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer."
John Madden
PlayHard-KHCO
NDPreps Starter

Postby old lineman » Mon May 18, 2009 10:47 am

NOSE is the toughest spot to play if you are big and mean enough to always have at least 2 guys block you. If you work hard enough you can get 3 guys to try kick your a$$$
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the freak » Tue May 19, 2009 6:22 pm

PlayHard-KHCO wrote:
ok, well they'll win a couple games, but wont be at the top of the region, prolly wont make playoffs and if they get lucky enough and do they'll get killed in 1st round! 1 good player--no line, no qb, no wr------BAD

I'm thinking that poor one good player for Hillsboro would be the hardest position ever - i mean- he will be out there all by himself- 1 on 9- now that's a hard spot to play.

haha i wud hav to agree with that and wud that by chance be Zach Grothman?
the freak
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ocho Siete » Thu May 21, 2009 12:21 pm

PlayHard-KHCO wrote:

Quit stealing my material
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby speedpwer » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:49 pm

old lineman wrote:NOSE is the toughest spot to play if you are big and mean enough to always have at least 2 guys block you. If you work hard enough you can get 3 guys to try kick your a$$$

ya but if he is getting double teamed he is doing his job by keeping the lbs free
speedpwer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby woodchuckfaithfull » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:58 am

old lineman wrote:NOSE is the toughest spot to play if you are big and mean enough to always have at least 2 guys block you. If you work hard enough you can get 3 guys to try kick your a$$$

Personally I dont think nose is the hardest position to play. Ive played linebacker and d-line. Nose has probabley been the easiest. Theres really no read to make besides fighting pressure. And i can see a kid being double teamed but tripple teamed? The kid would have to be a freak to be tripple teamed. If the kids that big of a stud hes gona get cut blocked by by the center or guard and the kid not cut blocking is gona get a real good chance of blocking him. Also if a kid is getting triple teamed the coach is shooting himself in the foot for letting the linebackers run free.
woodchuckfaithfull
NDPreps Reserve

Postby slater72 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:21 pm

i think thats kind of the point he is making. i played nose takle and being double teamed on the line is not easy to handle especially against lineman that know what they are doing. taking the guard on to leave the linebacker free is not the noses only job. being cut blocked and then blindsided by the guard makes it difficult to get off blocks and still make the tackle.it takes alot of energy its like wrestling for 48 minutes
slater72
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:49 pm

slater72 wrote:i think thats kind of the point he is making. i played nose takle and being double teamed on the line is not easy to handle especially against lineman that know what they are doing. taking the guard on to leave the linebacker free is not the noses only job. being cut blocked and then blindsided by the guard makes it difficult to get off blocks and still make the tackle.it takes alot of energy its like wrestling for 48 minutes

your team never played offense?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man