Region 4 09-10

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Region 4 09-10

Postby go_chucks » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:23 am

by Xfactor » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:33 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
I don't know how you guys can just call Komrosky the best QB in the state. Don't get me wrong he is a great QB and a 2nd all state team player. But there is a kid from Dakota Prairire that had just as many passing yards, almost as many passing touchdowns, and rushed for way more yards then Komrosky. Luehring from DP (who is a two time all state player) and Komrosky both were 2nd team all state last year. They both should be looking for post season honors again this year. It just frusturates me when you guys just given him the top QB honors. Yes I am a region 3 fan, you guys are regin 4 fans, but I did see Komsrosky play against North Border. So I can say that I have seen him play.

Komrosky IS the best QB in the state. Im positive that he is a much better passer than Leuring and has much better mechanics. Leuring is a better runner but thats wat he does best, after all he was an all-state receiver (please correct me if im wrong). Komrosky had a weak line last year and still put up huge numbers because he is an excellent thrower on the rollout which is hard to do. He recieved 3 of 12 votes for 1st team all-state and Leuring didn't receive any votes. Not to downgrade Leuring because he is a great QB, but I would take Komrosky over any QB in the state.

I would actually take Leuring over komrosky just because he's a duel threat...If komrosky gets pressure he really is voulnarable back there, sure he didnt have a good line last year, but they also didnt do much to take away the pressure (screens, quick outs, quick slants) vs. st.john all they did was put heat on him and he had somewhere around 10 yards of total offense....with leuring you couldnt do that because if he got out in the open he'd kill you with his feet and if you dont try to put pressure on he'll pick apart your secondary.....and alot of komrosky's big games came when he shouldn't have been in any more....i mean is there really any need to throw 7 td's against dunsieth? they are both good and will probally both be all state qb's im just saying i'd prefer to have leuring on my team over komrosky
go_chucks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classB4ever » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:08 pm

Had a chance to watch both of these QB's.
Luehring- Very good wheels, good arm and good in their system. Will he have the success throwing the ball without Kueber? Definitely will have a good year on the ground with his speed and elusiveness.
Komrosky- Strong arm, very accurate, and appears very football savvy. Also tall, which is a plus. Needs to increase foot speed and put on weight.
I will throw another one in there.
Bryant kid for St. John. Very nice QB. Has good arm strength and is tough as nails. Very good option QB.
As for which one you would want on your team? Depends on what type of system and what type of athletes you have surrounding them. I would take them all.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:47 pm

Actually Luehring has his leading Receiver back in Kyle Lamb. He also has Gourneau and Herman back. That is 3 out of there 4 wide receivers that are in there spread offense. Plus he has a great runningback in the screen game in Alex Kroke. So in other words he has 4 out of his 5 receivers back.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby woodchuckfaithfull » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:33 pm

I dont know if Komrosky is that much better of a passer than anyone else in the state. Yes hes a great passer. But cando runs mostly out of the Spread offense, so i think that maybe just maybe its the system if more teams ran out of a spread we would be talking about some other kid from somewere else. And NOBODY else runs out of the spread as much as cando.

-Thats my opinion
woodchuckfaithfull
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:06 pm

woodchuckfaithfull wrote:I dont know if Komrosky is that much better of a passer than anyone else in the state. Yes hes a great passer. But cando runs mostly out of the Spread offense, so i think that maybe just maybe its the system if more teams ran out of a spread we would be talking about some other kid from somewere else. And NOBODY else runs out of the spread as much as cando.

-Thats my opinion

Hahaha... you need to come watch Region 3 play. Region 4 probably only has one team that runs the spread. In Region 3 North Border, Dakota Prairie, and Central Valley are all spread teams. Have been for the last 3 to 4 years. Dakota Praire last year only had a couple formations that had one tight end. All the others are 4 wide. Central Valley is strictly spread 4 wide unless they go wishbone, then they have 2 split ends out wide. North Border occassionaly gose single back and I formation, but also 4 wide a lot.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby Xfactor » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:09 pm

woodchuckfaithfull wrote:I dont know if Komrosky is that much better of a passer than anyone else in the state. Yes hes a great passer. But cando runs mostly out of the Spread offense, so i think that maybe just maybe its the system if more teams ran out of a spread we would be talking about some other kid from somewere else. And NOBODY else runs out of the spread as much as cando.

-Thats my opinion

When I saw Komrosky play last year he put the ball on the money almost every time. Even when defenders were in his recievers' hip pocket, he still managed to complete the pass most of the time. Sure they run the spread offense, but I'm not talking about numbers. He has a strong arm, doesn't throw many interceptions, and is excellent at throwing on the run. He's quicker than most people think, and like you guys said Leuring's got more wide receivers than Komrosky.
Xfactor
NDPreps Starter

Postby MVP510 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:18 pm

-Thats my opinion

Ya your right its the system that picks what recievers to throw to, makes the throws, and audibles out of some plays. Makes sense.
MVP510
NDPreps Starter

Postby woodchuckfaithfull » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:11 am

pakkyzoo wrote:

-Thats my opinion

Hahaha... you need to come watch Region 3 play. Region 4 probably only has one team that runs the spread. In Region 3 North Border, Dakota Prairie, and Central Valley are all spread teams. Have been for the last 3 to 4 years. Dakota Praire last year only had a couple formations that had one tight end. All the others are 4 wide. Central Valley is strictly spread 4 wide unless they go wishbone, then they have 2 split ends out wide. North Border occassionaly gose single back and I formation, but also 4 wide a lot.

I only saw teams in Region 4 mostly i guess i shouldn't have said that :oops: but from what I have seen they almost always run out of a spread.
woodchuckfaithfull
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MVP510 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:44 pm

woodchuckfaithfull wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:

-Thats my opinion

I only saw teams in Region 4 mostly i guess i shouldn't have said that :oops: but from what I have seen they almost always run out of a spread.

Ya that one game i heard they ran out of the spread quite a bit....especially because the starters got pulled after the 3rd quarter .
MVP510
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hunterlaf » Wed May 20, 2009 10:41 am

is wells county goin to be a good team nex year???????????????
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Beston51 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:50 pm

jus a question is their any1 in this region with 4.3 or 4.4 speed?
Beston51
NDPreps Starter

Postby MVP510 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:25 pm

Beston51 wrote:jus a question is their any1 in this region with 4.3 or 4.4 speed?

I hope this isnt a serious question.
MVP510
NDPreps Starter

Postby go_chucks » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:36 pm

Dunsieth was downed by Kenmare 38-14.....and TGU was up on MLS 42-22 at the end of 3 when i left....TGU v. MLS - good game for about 2 1/2 quarters but TGU started puttin it away in the 3rd
go_chucks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bison423 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:29 pm

MVP510 wrote:
Beston51 wrote:jus a question is their any1 in this region with 4.3 or 4.4 speed?

I hope this isnt a serious question.

Uh considering there isnt any1 in the state with that speed i do agree with asking if that is a serious question.
Bison423
NDPreps Starter

Postby maryTisraining3's » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:18 pm

MVP510 wrote:

-Thats my opinion

Ya your right its the system that picks what recievers to throw to, makes the throws, and audibles out of some plays. Makes sense.

woodchuckfaithfull, i watched a game where Komrosky as a freshman threw for over 300 yards out of single and twins receiver sets, so i would have to disagree with you that its the system and not just plain talent. Yes, the spread offense does help...but thats only because it lets Komrosky play to his full potential by getting to throw the ball. I also think if more teams had high caliber quarterbacks that could run the spread they probably would.

And MVP510, the system has nothing to do with picking receivers, making throws, or audibles...thats the quarterback, so i would have to disagree with you on that one.
maryTisraining3's
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoopster* » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:05 pm

MVP510 wrote:
NDSUbisonfan4723 wrote:
kirby1 wrote:OK Lets get real hear.
Wells County should win this region unless they are hampered with injuries, however it could be tight far spots 2 to 6. I do feel that unlike lastyear when this region took the rap of being a patsy, that this season region 4 should be strong.

#1 - Wells County: clearly has the cream of the crop in this region with most of their talent coming back including the entire backfield minus (Hoff), but plug-in speedster Travis Flick & Offensivly they will be more deadly then last year.

#2 - Benson County: Maddock could possibly be a play-off team on their own had they decided to hang on accouple more years - they have tons of speed & talent to bring into this Co-Op, just lacked some size, that NCB should help fill. However I do agree with other posts. We will have to see how they use their people, & come together as a team.

#3 - North Star: Possibly the top Quarterback in the state, return lots of experience, plus a very talented pool of young players that could contribute, & give some depth.

#4 - TGU: Return their top two players, Keller & Thorson, lost alittle size, are well coached.

#5 - St. John: They have gone from a patsy to a dominating force which has increased their player intrest & improved their off-season work ethic. However we have to face the facts that they lost a ton of talent, I do think that they will still be tough, & should be in the play-off hunt.

#6 - Tri County: They lost their big three, however it sounds like they delt with a number of internal issues, maybe they will be better off. Rott is a speedster but alittle soft.

#7 - Dunseith: I'm sorry but they just don't have the program. Their OL is the slowest in the region by far, and even though they have had some good athletes, they just seem to lack direction.

I Agree with alot of this but here is my version

1- Wells - they have there entire backfield, with Houchin And Neaumiller. They also have a couple good line man with Hoff and Roerich (spelling??). The one bad thing i see is a shakey QB in Knodel.

2- North Star- A heck of a QB coming back probably the best in the state enough said.

3- TGU- Keller and thorson two very good players in the backfield. I don't know about there line but i am sure it will be all right.

4- ST. John- A team that lost a lot last year but also have some good players coming back. Bryant will be IMO the best defencive player in the region.

5- Benson Co- They will be a good team but they might have some trouble with team chemistry.

6- Tri County- lost there best couple players and won't do much this year.

7- Dunseith- Just not a very good program.

I think this poll is very very accurate. I think Benson Co will be a very good team this year and a very close contender for the last playoff spot but doesnt have the expierenced seniors the top 4 teams have. 2010-11 season i do expect this team to be on the top of the region.[/qu]

Wellls County has a new QB this year i think
hoopster*
NDPreps Reserve

Postby johnt8921 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:01 am

caleb rogelstad is starting qb tonite against new rockford
Being perfect is when you can look someone in the eye and know you did not let them down.
johnt8921
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MVP510 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:38 pm

johnt8921 wrote:caleb rogelstad is starting qb tonite against new rockford

What happened to Knodel?
MVP510
NDPreps Starter

Postby johnt8921 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:42 am

moved out to flanker
Being perfect is when you can look someone in the eye and know you did not let them down.
johnt8921
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ballaz_66 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:27 pm

There isn't anyone in the state with that kind of speed
k-dawg
ballaz_66
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 8's » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:20 am

ballaz_66 wrote:

oh i wouldnt say that, the intire state? come on now
8's
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:19 am

Entire, not an intire.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby classB4ever » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:05 am

The most elite football players in the US run these kinds of speeds. I am not postive but I believe only a few people at the NFL combine last year ran sub 4.4. I really don't think anyone in ND can. Maybe an elite few at 4.5 - 4.6 but they are going to be track stars that we will hear about as well.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:48 pm

ballaz_66 wrote:

Agree. Matt Millen said there are probably 12 guys in the NFL with 4.3 speed. Weston Dressler, maybe the fastest ever from ND, was probably around 4.4.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby playin2win » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:58 pm

Wells County over St. John 24-18 in three overtimes. Houchin with a huge night
playin2win
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man