Region 4 09-10

The teams in 9 Man

Region 4 09-10

Postby Beston51 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:08 pm

I want the rankings of region 4 from 1st to worst.
My predicted record in paraenthesis
1. TGU (6-2) they are one of the only teams that return their star.
2. North Star (5-3) i think they got that qb back but i'm not sure.
3. St. John (5-3) got some young talent jus not as much as last year.
4. Wells Co. (4-4) idk to much bout Wells but they got them a good coach and a good line.
5. Dunseith (4-4) i know alot about Dunseith i know they lose their best but i think they can win at least 4 games. if and only if they block better and their skills need to get Faster because they lack SPEED at the skills.
6. Benson Co. (3-5) 2 good teams but i don't think they know how to play with each other just yet.
7. Tri Co. (2-6) idk to much bout Tri Co.
Beston51
NDPreps Starter

Re: Region 4 09-10

Postby justplayalready » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:58 pm

bold...& won't even be close...Dunseith with 4 wins??? unless they transfer in 9 guys...

I think several teams will play 9 games, having 3 out of the region...Without seeing the non region schedules I'd never make a guess
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:12 pm

I don't think many teams will play 9 games. I see TGU and Wells on top because they return the most. Northstar has a lot back, too, but also lost some key players. St John lost a lot, but because of recent success they should be able to reload and be back in the playoff hunt, just not nearly as dominant as the last couple seasons. Benson County is a wild card being a new coop. I can see this team anywhere from region champ to #5 and missing the playoffs. I think they will make the playoffs next year, tho. Don't know which of these 5 teams is left out. Tricounty lost their studs, but have decent numbers back again. Just don't see them topping any of the five teams I already mentioned. Dunseith will bring up the rear again. Without Poitra, they have no chance at beating any of these teams. Might win a nonconference game or two depending on who they schedule.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby theoldman » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:59 am

Beston51 wrote:I want the rankings of region 4 from 1st to worst.
My predicted record in paraenthesis
1. TGU (6-2) they are one of the only teams that return their star.
2. North Star (5-3) i think they got that qb back but i'm not sure.
3. St. John (5-3) got some young talent jus not as much as last year.
4. Wells Co. (4-4) idk to much bout Wells but they got them a good coach and a good line.
5. Dunseith (4-4) i know alot about Dunseith i know they lose their best but i think they can win at least 4 games. if and only if they block better and their skills need to get Faster because they lack SPEED at the skills.
6. Benson Co. (3-5) 2 good teams but i don't think they know how to play with each other just yet.
7. Tri Co. (2-6) idk to much bout Tri Co.

I am not necessarily disagreeing with your picks, but I would have to say that the St. John folks might have to disagree with the statement of TGU being the only team to return their star. St. John had so many stars and they do lose a lot of them, but they return the Bryant kid who was first team all-state. I believe the kid from TGU Keller was a second team selection. Both seem to be pretty big stars coming back.
theoldman
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonfan07 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:59 am

**NO BASHING OF COACHES ALLOWED ON THIS SITE**
bisonfan07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby justplayalready » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:06 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I don't think many teams will play 9 games. I see TGU and Wells on top because they return the most. Northstar has a lot back, too, but also lost some key players. St John lost a lot, but because of recent success they should be able to reload and be back in the playoff hunt, just not nearly as dominant as the last couple seasons. Benson County is a wild card being a new coop. I can see this team anywhere from region champ to #5 and missing the playoffs. I think they will make the playoffs next year, tho. Don't know which of these 5 teams is left out.

I agree with these 5 teams being pretty close for the 4 spots...

Who is going to work in the off-season??? St. John tasted it, you know they will. Will TGU, Wells, NS???
Too many things can happen in a long off season
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby Beston51 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:28 pm

theoldman wrote:I am not necessarily disagreeing with your picks, but I would have to say that the St. John folks might have to disagree with the statement of TGU being the only team to return their star. St. John had so many stars and they do lose a lot of them, but they return the Bryant kid who was first team all-state. I believe the kid from TGU Keller was a second team selection. Both seem to be pretty big stars coming back.

they are both good but Bryant had a great line as were keller had an average line at best.
Beston51
NDPreps Starter

Postby theoldman » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:23 pm

Beston51 wrote:
theoldman wrote:I am not necessarily disagreeing with your picks, but I would have to say that the St. John folks might have to disagree with the statement of TGU being the only team to return their star. St. John had so many stars and they do lose a lot of them, but they return the Bryant kid who was first team all-state. I believe the kid from TGU Keller was a second team selection. Both seem to be pretty big stars coming back.

they are both good but Bryant had a great line as were keller had an average line at best.

Good line or not you obviously didn't see this kid play he is a "star" player.
theoldman
NDPreps Starter

Postby blue steel » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:37 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I don't think many teams will play 9 games. I see TGU and Wells on top because they return the most. Northstar has a lot back, too, but also lost some key players. St John lost a lot, but because of recent success they should be able to reload and be back in the playoff hunt, just not nearly as dominant as the last couple seasons. Benson County is a wild card being a new coop. I can see this team anywhere from region champ to #5 and missing the playoffs. I think they will make the playoffs next year, tho. Don't know which of these 5 teams is left out. Tricounty lost their studs, but have decent numbers back again. Just don't see them topping any of the five teams I already mentioned. Dunseith will bring up the rear again. Without Poitra, they have no chance at beating any of these teams. Might win a nonconference game or two depending on who they schedule.

Dunseith might win a nonconference game or two? Pretty sure if they can't win a game in this region they won't be able to touch anybody from the other regions. As a matter of fact i really don't think anybody in this region will be too successful outside of region 4.
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:12 pm

Last year Dunseith played Four Winds for their nonconference game and got a win. Next year, who knows who they'll play. Just because they play a nonregion opponent doesn't mean it has to be a top team from another region. All of the other regions have weak teams, too. Region 4 will be a lot more balanced and a lot stronger compared to other regions next season than they have been in the past 2 seasons. Things go in cycles...region 4 was one of the toughest regions in the state 3-8 years ago. Now its been down the past 2 years except for St John. TGU and Wells County return a ton of 2-3 year starters with a load of experience. Benson County is the same....they've just played on two different teams the last couple years. St John will continue to be tough now that they've had huge success in their program. Expect to hear a lot about region 4 as next season progresses.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Beston51 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:19 pm

Does North Star return their QB and that WR? Oh almost forgot i said that TGU was "ONE of the few teams to return their stars" i didn't say they were the only team. :wink:
Beston51
NDPreps Starter

Postby theoldman » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:35 am

Beston51 wrote:Does North Star return their QB and that WR? Oh almost forgot i said that TGU was "ONE of the few teams to return their stars" i didn't say they were the only team. :wink:

Nice cover-up. :roll:
theoldman
NDPreps Starter

Postby nd_schwab » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:53 pm

TGU brings back ian who is very good. Thorson is a good qb. Benson County is going to be a pretty good team. Both ncb and maddock were good teams. North star still has the good qb, but they have a poor line. St. john always has numbers. they bring a decent line again. I don't see Dunseith doing much. Tri-county will have 9 seniors next year but they dont have good chemestry and can't get things together. Don't know much about wells county. as far as the standing go.

1.TGU
2.St. John
3.Wells County
4.North Star
5.Tri County
6.Benson County
7.Dunseith
nd_schwab
NDPreps Reserve

Postby future star » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:54 pm

i don't think st. john will be the 2nd best team in the region because i think they only bring back one player and their line won't be too great. oh and i think that counts is the only other player i can think of that will contribute other than bryant. if anyone knows any other players coming back that are good tell me.
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:49 pm

1. Wells Co
2. Benson Co
3. TGU
4. St John
5. Northstar
6. Tri Co
7. Dunseith
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby MVP510 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:47 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:1. Wells Co
2. Benson Co
3. TGU
4. St John
5. Northstar
6. Tri Co
7. Dunseith

You must be from Benson County?
MVP510
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:09 am

Yes I am, but why don't you think BC isn't at least in the top 3 of this region?
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby snowblow » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:14 pm

from the looks of things everybody thinks that their team is gunna be good...and i have to say whoever works hard in the off is gunna be real good!!...whichever teams just sit on their butts all off-season you can say goodbye to playoff hopes
snowblow
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:36 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Yes I am, but why don't you think BC isn't at least in the top 3 of this region?

I agree, I think they will be tough they have a lot of tradition (espicially at Maddock).

Look out of Matthew Knudson, kids going to be an animal. Had like 100 some tackles this year as a freshman. He should get more carries this year I think.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby MVP510 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:35 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Yes I am, but why don't you think BC isn't at least in the top 3 of this region?

Because there are a lot of underclassmen, and both leeds and maddock lost there top players from last year. I think there are 3 other teams ahead of them and they possibly could be fighting for the 4th playoff spot.
MVP510
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:37 am

You're wrong there....yes there are a lot of underclassmen, but that's where the top players are for each team. Both teams have a talented sophomore class that all saw a lot of time this year. Maddock has a lot of kids that have 2-3 years varsity experience already, and NCB had a lot of younger kids playing this year. All that experience is going to help out tremendously. Their only question mark is who is going to play QB since both teams had seniors at that position last year. That's the only place they'll lack experience. They had depth and talent everywhere else. I see Wells Co ahead of them at the moment because both teams lost big to WC last season. I'm putting BC ahead of TGU because Maddock almost beat TGU this year and when you fill in the new players across the board for BC, I think that puts them ahead of TGU. St John is the wildcard. I know they lost a ton of talent, but I think they have enough coming back to be in the top four or higher.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby johnt8921 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:59 am

nd_schwab wrote:TGU brings back ian who is very good. Thorson is a good qb. Benson County is going to be a pretty good team. Both ncb and maddock were good teams. North star still has the good qb, but they have a poor line. St. john always has numbers. they bring a decent line again. I don't see Dunseith doing much. Tri-county will have 9 seniors next year but they dont have good chemestry and can't get things together. Don't know much about wells county. as far as the standing go.

1.TGU
2.St. John
3.Wells County
4.North Star
5.Tri County
6.Benson County
7.Dunseith

TGU wont be first in the region. Keller was SHUT DOWN by the Wells Co. Defense this year. even tho they lost krause
Being perfect is when you can look someone in the eye and know you did not let them down.
johnt8921
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MVP510 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:05 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:You're wrong there....yes there are a lot of underclassmen, but that's where the top players are for each team. Both teams have a talented sophomore class that all saw a lot of time this year. Maddock has a lot of kids that have 2-3 years varsity experience already, and NCB had a lot of younger kids playing this year. All that experience is going to help out tremendously. Their only question mark is who is going to play QB since both teams had seniors at that position last year. That's the only place they'll lack experience. They had depth and talent everywhere else. I see Wells Co ahead of them at the moment because both teams lost big to WC last season. I'm putting BC ahead of TGU because Maddock almost beat TGU this year and when you fill in the new players across the board for BC, I think that puts them ahead of TGU. St John is the wildcard. I know they lost a ton of talent, but I think they have enough coming back to be in the top four or higher.

So are you saying you would rather have juniors next year with a lot of expierence than seniors next year with a lot of expierence. I think i would rather have seniors. There are teams in this region with seniors to be that have a lot of expierence also.And what exactly did those sophomore classes do for Maddock or NCB. They might have been good on there own teams but there teams werent exactly full of stars.As for the quarterback i dont see them exactly having a great one which turns them into one dimensional.
MVP510
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:09 am

Well you have your opinions and I have mine. The only teams that have a lot of seniors with experience are Wells and TGU. Yeah, Maddock and NCB didn't have the greatest seasons with their underclassmen filling in a lot of starting spots, but that experience is extremely valuable. I think the two teams will really balance each other out and fill in a lot of weak spots with good talent.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby MVP510 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:41 am

ndlionsfan wrote:Well you have your opinions and I have mine. The only teams that have a lot of seniors with experience are Wells and TGU. Yeah, Maddock and NCB didn't have the greatest seasons with their underclassmen filling in a lot of starting spots, but that experience is extremely valuable. I think the two teams will really balance each other out and fill in a lot of weak spots with good talent.

Besides Keller and Trevin Hall for TGU and Houchin and Neumiller for Wells I cant think of any other seniors from each team especially seniors that have started 2 years considering them experienced. St. John has to be considered better because of the playoff expierence the last 2 years and North Star because they also have a lot of experience, 4 seniors that have started since they were freshmen. I think Benson County is close behind. Thats just my opinion.
MVP510
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to 9 - Man