Re: ND 9-man final rankings

Postby PlayHard-KHCO » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:10 pm

E@stern Executioner wrote:1. Hillsboro
2. Napoleon
3. Richland
4. Oakes
5. Williams County

Others?

You must still be suffering from the aftermath of celebrating the Burro's victory - Richland at #3? No way they belong in the top 5 let alone 3- What about Central Mclean, St. Johns- even Ellendale or Richardton
"The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer."
John Madden
PlayHard-KHCO
NDPreps Starter

Postby E@stern Executioner » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:18 pm

Remember Richland? The team that beat Hillsboro? The team that was tied at half with Napoleon in the quarters?

If Williams County is the best team in the West, Central McLean and St John don't deserve the spot.
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby justplayalready » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:37 pm

1. Hillsboro
2. Williams
T3. Napoleon
T3. St John
T5. Oakes
T5. C McLean
T5. RTH
T5 W- L

Really no way to rank them any way else...

What did happen when Richland beat Hillsboro, I've heard a few rumors about who played & who didn't & why???
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby tommykramer » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:40 pm

It has more to do with who played for Richland against Wyndmere Lidgerwood than it does who played for Hillsboro against Richland. Hillsboro was full strength against Richland. Richland had a very good team this year, they just got stuck playing Napoleon in the quarters because of the 3 seed.

justplayalready wrote:1. Hillsboro
2. Williams
T3. Napoleon
T3. St John
T5. Oakes
T5. C McLean
T5. RTH
T5 W- L

Really no way to rank them any way else...

What did happen when Richland beat Hillsboro, I've heard a few rumors about who played & who didn't & why???
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby E@stern Executioner » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:48 pm

justplayalready wrote:Really no way to rank them any way else...

Wrong-O. There are many possible ways to rank 'em -- you just happened to pick the easiest one.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby justplayalready » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:14 pm

E@stern Executioner wrote:

Wrong-O. There are many possible ways to rank 'em -- you just happened to pick the easiest one.
I guess it would be the easiest, as any other way you would have to provide an arguement that you will have no way of knowing a result as of 11-14-08...So I'll rank them
1. Hillsboro
2. Richland
3. St John
4. Central Mclean
5. RTH
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:30 pm

You guys are ridiculous by putting Richland in the top 5 just because they beat Hillsboro very early in the year. What about every team that beat Richland then? shouldn't they be ranked right up there, too? Just because WC got beat handily by Hillsboro doesn't mean that the East was far better than the West this year. Maybe RTH, St John, or Central McClean would have matched up better against Hillsboro and played a better game. Who knows.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:55 pm

Wyndmere lost to Oakes, Hillboro and Napoleon. Destroyed Richland. No way Richland is higher than them.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby E@stern Executioner » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:16 pm

Flip wrote:Wyndmere lost to Oakes, Hillboro and Napoleon. Destroyed Richland. No way Richland is higher than them.

Did Enriquez play against Wyndmere? I know he was out for a couple games, just can't remember when.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PlayHard-KHCO » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:24 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:You guys are ridiculous by putting Richland in the top 5 just because they beat Hillsboro very early in the year. What about every team that beat Richland then? shouldn't they be ranked right up there, too? Just because WC got beat handily by Hillsboro doesn't mean that the East was far better than the West this year. Maybe RTH, St John, or Central McClean would have matched up better against Hillsboro and played a better game. Who knows.

Dang lions...I was ready to jump right on with you- the first 2 sentences are right on....then you went down hill from there. I think east was better than west this year- no head to head way to prove it with every team- but I think it would hold true. And as far as St.John or Central McClean- correct me if i am wrong, they are primary run teams- and it was obvious that NO ONE ran on Hillsboro- they shut down 2 of the top 5 backs in the state- Gross and Hagen- combined they didn't get 100 yards- Gross got 23 on 17 carries (not sure the exact number of carries). Supposedly WC was a 'proficient passing team'- and had a tough defense-8 points and over 500 yards put on them. (somewhere on here it was said they had the best defense in the west, add that to the east/west argument) Don't see any of them 'matching up' or giving them a 'better game'.
"The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer."
John Madden
PlayHard-KHCO
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:27 pm

haha richland is not top 5 in the state, heck they lost to fshp, who was terrible this year
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby imperials » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:50 am

justplayalready wrote:

I guess it would be the easiest, as any other way you would have to provide an arguement that you will have no way of knowing a result as of 11-14-08...So I'll rank them
1. Hillsboro
2. Richland
3. St John
4. Central Mclean
5. RTH

you forgot about napoleon
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:22 am

PlayHard-KHCO wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:You guys are ridiculous by putting Richland in the top 5 just because they beat Hillsboro very early in the year. What about every team that beat Richland then? shouldn't they be ranked right up there, too? Just because WC got beat handily by Hillsboro doesn't mean that the East was far better than the West this year. Maybe RTH, St John, or Central McClean would have matched up better against Hillsboro and played a better game. Who knows.

Dang lions...I was ready to jump right on with you- the first 2 sentences are right on....then you went down hill from there. I think east was better than west this year- no head to head way to prove it with every team- but I think it would hold true. And as far as St.John or Central McClean- correct me if i am wrong, they are primary run teams- and it was obvious that NO ONE ran on Hillsboro- they shut down 2 of the top 5 backs in the state- Gross and Hagen- combined they didn't get 100 yards- Gross got 23 on 17 carries (not sure the exact number of carries). Supposedly WC was a 'proficient passing team'- and had a tough defense-8 points and over 500 yards put on them. (somewhere on here it was said they had the best defense in the west, add that to the east/west argument) Don't see any of them 'matching up' or giving them a 'better game'.

Ok, I guess I didn't phrase my response the best. Here's what I meant. Hillsboro was far and away the best fball team I've seen play this year. I am shocked that they actually lost a game. Maybe you're right about the other three West teams not competing with Hillsboro, too. we'll never know. But the point I was trying to make is that just because somone from the East won state, it doesn't mean that overall the East was far better than the West. Some of these people have 4 East teams in their top 5. Ridiculous! Take Hillsboro away, and I think East/West was pretty balanced with top teams that could have beat each other on any given day. I think Napolean, Oakes, St John, RTH, and Central McClean are all about even. Richland, WL, MR, Berthold are all about even, but a step below the top tier, etc. Hillsboro is just that much better than everyone else.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:26 am

Now that the season is over I'll tell you exactly how Richland beat Hillsboro.

1. Richland had a mobile quarterback and Hillsboro's 3-man pass rush ran right by him most of the second half. He would then gain 5-10 yards a pop on his scrambles.
2. Andrew Grothmann was playing on one leg in the second half - injured ankle.
3. Hillsboro was gassed in the second half.
4. Enriquez from Richland shadowed Andrew wherever he went and Hillsboro could not account for him in their blocking scheme. Enriquez met Andrew in the hole numerous times for no gain.
5. Hillsboro was trying things on offense that they learned they could not do very well.
6. Richland out-executed Hillsboro in the second half.

Make no mistake - Richland BEAT Hillsboro, Hillsboro didn't lose. On that night the Colts were better. But Hillsboro learned so much from that game. It's been said before and it's true - Richland woke up the Burros and launched them on their way to a state championship.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby justplayalready » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:22 pm

Hinsa wrote:Now that the season is over I'll tell you exactly how Richland beat Hillsboro.

1. Richland had a mobile quarterback and Hillsboro's 3-man pass rush ran right by him most of the second half. He would then gain 5-10 yards a pop on his scrambles.
4. Enriquez from Richland shadowed Andrew wherever he went and Hillsboro could not account for him in their blocking scheme. Enriquez met Andrew in the hole numerous times for no gain.
5. Hillsboro was trying things on offense that they learned they could not do very well.

Make no mistake - Richland BEAT Hillsboro, Hillsboro didn't lose. On that night the Colts were better. But Hillsboro learned so much from that game. It's been said before and it's true - Richland woke up the Burros and launched them on their way to a state championship.

Did Hillsboro sit several starters for a half that game for involvment in an "off the field incident"??? That is the rumor floating around...
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby E@stern Executioner » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:30 pm

justplayalready wrote:
Hinsa wrote:Now that the season is over I'll tell you exactly how Richland beat Hillsboro.

Did Hillsboro sit several starters for a half that game for involvment in an "off the field incident"??? That is the rumor floating around...

Nope - that was the first game of the year (Thompson). Nothing major at all - just a little "message" to the team.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby justplayalready » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:34 pm

Ok...Thanks for clearing that up.

For some really good teams a loss in the regular season is a good thing, I'd guess it was for Hillsboro too...I would rather be the one loss team that knows where we have been exposed versus undefeated and have some questions.
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby old lineman » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:32 pm

The old saying that sometimes you learn more from a loss. That was more than likely true with the Burros. They are solid and deep agreed to by alot of people, they have a horse or two, or three. Hillsburos loss during the begining of the year made them go though some hard times and they learned by the hard times. Football seasons are filled with what do we do now situations and the Burros had the best answers for those situations though coaching and keeping people healthy. That team was better at the end of the year than anyone else. So the last rankings after number one will never be known. 2 though 10 have good company and some good players. Great season to all the teams.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby homer » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:44 pm

Flip wrote:Wyndmere lost to Oakes, Hillboro and Napoleon. Destroyed Richland. No way Richland is higher than them.

I am not quite sure 20-6 is destroying.i think what hillsboro did to w-c on friday is called a destroying.
Last edited by homer on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby booyah » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:49 pm

Did Enriquez play against Wyndmere? I know he was out for a couple games, just can't remember when.

he played against wyndmere. but he had tweaked his ankle the week before hillsboro and then hurt it pretty bad against hillsboro. that is why richland kept running the ball with erbes on their final drive. enriquez couldnt do it. against wyndmere they had a freshman playing RB and enriquez was playing FB so he wouldnt have to make quick cuts that would tweak his ankle again. all he had to do was go straight and block the first person that showed up.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:57 pm

homer wrote:

I am not quite sure 20-6 is destroying.i think what hillsboro did to c-m on friday is called a destroying.

Ummmm....they didn't play Central McClean on Friday. They played Williams County.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby homer » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:45 am

ya w-c thats what i meant
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby future star » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:42 pm

justplayalready wrote:

1. Hillsboro
2. Richland
3. St John
4. Central Mclean
5. RTH

How is St. John and CM ahead of Williams Co. when Williams beat them both? and also where is Napoleon? they did make the semi's

my list
1. Hillsboro Champs
2. WC Runner-ups
3. N-G-S played well all year
4. St. John played well all year
5.Richland only because they are the only team that beat Hillsboro.
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to 9 - Man