Hillsboro vs Williams County Game thread

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Hillsboro vs Williams County Game thread

Postby PlayHard-KHCO » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:51 pm

football9 wrote:Ok so saying that it's BS isn't disgracing, disrespecting a young kid? Because it is! Giving an opinion is one thing but disrepecting someone is another thing. Im fine with opinions but to hurt someone with words by sayin its BS and to recount the vote is just senseless. It's voted on by the coaches in the state east and west they obviously know a lot more about ftball than any of us. So just please stop using foul language and use your words wisely without attacking young kids.

Are you able to follow along on a thread?? I am the only one that has "BS" in any post I can see- and if you would actually follow along and read all the posts and not just the parts you want to see- you would notice the context-
I got it - and know that is why- my point is - his region coaches- the coaches that played against him and likely saw the game tape- still chose him Sr. player of the region- which should be the same criteria-- so that should speak volumes that is was BS- and shouldn't have played a part in it

If you were to actually follow along- you would plainly see the statement was referring to the call in the BC football game involving Grothmann- and had nothing to do with Lalim. As far as the recount- it was in jest You need to lighten up-I don't see anyone from preps twisting your arm- if you can't handle it- don't log on and read it. Simple as that.
"The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer."
John Madden
PlayHard-KHCO
NDPreps Starter

Postby WIFTBL » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:13 pm

In my opinion unless you are part of the selection and voting process and know exactly why these talented athletes are chosen, I would keep all negativity to yourself. I'm sure the process involves more than just which athlete played in and won the championship game, along with their athlectic ability, I would think there are other qualities they are looking for in a Senior Athlete. I think all the athletes chosen from each region must be excellent, but the coaches obiviously see something in Tyler Lalim that stands out from the others, and that is why he was chosen.
WIFTBL

Postby basketball1427 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:17 pm

WIFTBL wrote:In my opinion unless you are part of the selection and voting process and know exactly why these talented athletes are chosen, I would keep all negativity to yourself. I'm sure the process involves more than just which athlete played in and won the championship game, along with their athlectic ability, I would think there are other qualities they are looking for in a Senior Athlete. I think all the athletes chosen from each region must be excellent, but the coaches obiviously see something in Tyler Lalim that stands out from the others, and that is why he was chosen.

i agree but there is no way he is as good of a football player as grothman it showed in the championship that he was by far the better player
basketball1427
NDPreps Reserve

Postby #35 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:39 pm

How is he so much better then lalim when lalim has passed for over 1500 yrds and ran for over 1000 yrds. Idk if you have ever played football or you just watch but i have and i would rather play defense against someone who can run the ball because you know who its going to and its not as hard to stop. when you line up against a kid that can beat you both ways its way more of a challenge. i have played against this kid and he is one of the best fb players i have played agianst so dont bring him down. When you have actually been out there and played against them and know what they are capable of then you have something to talk about. Some great athletes have bad games it happens this was one of them and Sr. Athlete of the state is about the season not just one game.

Postby Siouxalltheway » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:43 pm

Guys there is no need to get so defensive (Both sides). I agree that Grothman had a dominating performance in the championship game but the votes were obviously already in. The coaches decide this award, and i dont think that coaches are going to vote for anyone that they haven't seen play and if it comes down to east and west they will pick their side of the state. Its my guess that Lalim received most of the votes from the west and that Grothman lost votes to Gross from Napoleon, if he got three or four votes that could have been the difference. Congratulations to Tyler Lalim on a great season, and i would guess he would much rather be ordering a ring than hangin a plaque on his wall.
Siouxalltheway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:40 pm

#35 wrote:How is he so much better then lalim when lalim has passed for over 1500 yrds and ran for over 1000 yrds. Idk if you have ever played football or you just watch but i have and i would rather play defense against someone who can run the ball because you know who its going to and its not as hard to stop. when you line up against a kid that can beat you both ways its way more of a challenge. i have played against this kid and he is one of the best fb players i have played agianst so dont bring him down. When you have actually been out there and played against them and know what they are capable of then you have something to talk about. Some great athletes have bad games it happens this was one of them and Sr. Athlete of the state is about the season not just one game.

Just one thing I want you to clarify #35 - the part about you would rather play defense against someone who can run the ball because it's not as hard to stop. After watching the title game, who would you rather play defense against - Williams with their pass/run combination or Hillsboro's run first/pass once in a while offense? Given of course that someone who runs is not as hard to stop.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby 8's » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:18 pm

that #48 from hillsburro was quite an athlete, acredit a big chuck of that win to him, 3 touchdowns in the first 7 minutes, in the state championship game, thats awesome
8's
NDPreps Starter

Postby WIFTBL » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:33 pm

Once again basketball1427 you are basing your decision on one football game, were you able to see any of their other games or just the one? Didn't Hillsboro lose a game? how did the qb do in that game??? Would you base the award on that one lost game?? I think this whole thing should be left on a positive note ~ like I said before all of the atletes that were chosen from each region are great players ~ but it was a vote by the coaches and they have oblivously done their homework and voted for the player they felt was most qualified.
WIFTBL

Postby #35 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:11 pm

Just to clarify one thing hinsa- didnt hills lose one game so they must of had a bad game that game and seriously have you ever played fb i think i know what i am talking about when i say this kid is one of the best fb players i have ever seen or played against. all i am saying is that i would take on a big runningback that only runs other then a quaterback that runs just as well as a running back and can pass the ball. and do you feel good coming on here to bring down one kid that you dont even know and the only time you have seen him play is that game. and would you rather be known as the best individual in the state or be the best team in the state. i think most people would love to have that plaque just as much as that ring.

Postby nordstde » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:36 pm

There is absolutely no doubt that both Lalim and A. Grothman are great players. They both deserved serious consideration for the award. But first of all, there is no way that Lalim would rather have a ring than the award, maybe we should ask him, but any humble football player would rather have a state championship. As far as comparing the two, you can't look at stats. The only true way would be to compare their leadership both on and off the field, that is where you seperate good players from great players. They both exhibit all the qualities of great players. The actual voting is left up to the coaches, and they do it BEFORE the championship game. Yes, Grothman dominated that game, but it makes no difference. Maybe they should vote after, but that decision isn't up to us. One last thing, this is toward #35. Out of all the posters on this site, I have the most respect for Hinsa. He always shows respect and all of his posts are relavant, thank you Hinsa for being one of the few people on here to think before you post.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby PlayHard-KHCO » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:45 pm

nordstde wrote: One last thing, this is toward #35. Out of all the posters on this site, I have the most respect for Hinsa. He always shows respect and all of his posts are relavant, thank you Hinsa for being one of the few people on here to think before you post.

I agree 100% nordstde. Only sad thing is all of these late posts are people who have to change their login names and sign up AFTER the game just to give their opinion.
"The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer."
John Madden
PlayHard-KHCO
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:48 pm

#35 wrote:Just to clarify one thing hinsa- didnt hills lose one game so they must of had a bad game that game and seriously have you ever played fb i think i know what i am talking about when i say this kid is one of the best fb players i have ever seen or played against. all i am saying is that i would take on a big runningback that only runs other then a quaterback that runs just as well as a running back and can pass the ball. and do you feel good coming on here to bring down one kid that you dont even know and the only time you have seen him play is that game. and would you rather be known as the best individual in the state or be the best team in the state. i think most people would love to have that plaque just as much as that ring.

I said absolutely nothing disparaging to Lalim. I fully understand why he won the award. He had a great season and you don't win 12 in a row without having a very good team.

Grothmann missed a game and a half (not going to get into the legitimacy of that point - it's been overcooked already) and when that happens missing out on awards is often one of the consequences. Grothmann learned from that ejection, took his medicine, and has gained a lot of respect for how he handled the situation.

All I was asking was this - who would you rather have to game plan a defense against - Williams or Hillsboro? Just fishing for a little acknowledgement that the Burros, along with Grothmann, were stinkin' tough on offense even though they didn't throw the ball much. The "running is easier to stop" thing just didn't sit well with me.

If that's a cheap shot against Lalim, well, then I'm guilty. But I don't think so....

Nordstde and KHCO - thanks for the kudos. That means a lot to me...much appreciated.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby chevyman11 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:40 pm

#35 wrote:Just to clarify one thing hinsa- didnt hills lose one game so they must of had a bad game that game and seriously have you ever played fb i think i know what i am talking about when i say this kid is one of the best fb players i have ever seen or played against. all i am saying is that i would take on a big runningback that only runs other then a quaterback that runs just as well as a running back and can pass the ball. and do you feel good coming on here to bring down one kid that you dont even know and the only time you have seen him play is that game. and would you rather be known as the best individual in the state or be the best team in the state. i think most people would love to have that plaque just as much as that ring.

My question to you is did you also play against Grothman?
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketball1427 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:34 pm

WIFTBL wrote:Once again basketball1427 you are basing your decision on one football game, were you able to see any of their other games or just the one? Didn't Hillsboro lose a game? how did the qb do in that game??? Would you base the award on that one lost game?? I think this whole thing should be left on a positive note ~ like I said before all of the atletes that were chosen from each region are great players ~ but it was a vote by the coaches and they have oblivously done their homework and voted for the player they felt was most qualified.

i didnt see one of his games i saw about four and he was that dominate in every single game
also grothman doesnt just dominate offensively he was the best player on the field even when he was on defense
basketball1427
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to 9 - Man