Re: New Rockford Sheyenne goin down to 9-man

Postby nd_schwab » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:12 pm

Are they co-oping with wells county?
nd_schwab
NDPreps Reserve

Postby imperials » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:23 pm

football rocks wrote:New Rockford Sheyenne goin down to 9-man

they are one of napoleon's nonregion games next year, also they play central mclean
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby football rocks » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:10 pm

no they are not with fessenden an they play napolean an fessenden as non region games
football rocks
NDPreps Starter

Postby football rocks » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:12 pm

how will new rockford do next year
football rocks
NDPreps Starter

Postby rocketsphotoguy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:19 pm

There is a definite possibility that New Rockford-Sheyenne could enjoy a resurgence within the 9-man football ranks. Their most recent playoff success (2003 and 2004 state title game appearances) came in their last two years of 9-man before moving up to Class A in 2005. Without traditional A powers Velva, Harvey and North Prairie to contend with in their region anymore, the Rockets could find their way back to success sooner than later. The new region will be pretty tough, though, with Dakota Prairie, Lakota, and Thompson, among others, providing stiff competition for the playoffs. Napoleon-G-S, a traditional 9-man power, will also be on the 2009 schedule, so NR-S will have their work cut out for them.

One of the main concerns for the Rockets will be to find a quarterback. Evan Guler did a fairly decent job at the position last year despite injuries limiting his varsity experience. With his graduation, someone will have to step up to be the signal caller for the offense. All-purpose threat Brett Allmaras will be back for his senior season, and Stephen Guler, who emerged last year as a legitimate threat at wide receiver, will need to get significant touches along with Allmaras, Jordan and Brady Seiler and others for NR-S to have a shot at success in the new division.

Their biggest wild card, however, might be their offensive/defensive line play. They have several kids with decent size (Dan Swenson and the Alanis boys immediately come to mind here.) However, they will have to improve their conditioning and work hard in the offseason to establish themselves as the road graders they will be asked to be for this team.

The team will have some adjustments to make to acclimatize themselves to the 9-man ranks, but given some time, I think they could become a force within the region.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey
rocketsphotoguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby 8's » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:24 am

I think it will be a while before we see a NRS football team that is able to achieve what they did a few years ago.i dont see them making playoffs for a while
8's
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigrigg » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:50 pm

8's wrote:I think it will be a while before we see a NRS football team that is able to achieve what they did a few years ago.i dont see them making playoffs for a while

With Brett Allmaras coming back New Rockford should have a good chance. Brett is your ideal type of running back for nine man seeing how he is a very versitile player. However if Brett were to have a bad season or just flat out get shut down it could be a long year for the rockets
bigrigg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Big EZ » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:13 am

bigrigg wrote:
8's wrote:I think it will be a while before we see a NRS football team that is able to achieve what they did a few years ago.i dont see them making playoffs for a while

With Brett Allmaras coming back New Rockford should have a good chance. Brett is your ideal type of running back for nine man seeing how he is a very versitile player. However if Brett were to have a bad season or just flat out get shut down it could be a long year for the rockets

that allmaras kid is pretty good but one person can't make a whole team and i don't think they have the right personal to make a good team right now but maybe in a couple of years
Big EZ
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigrigg » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:35 am

Big EZ wrote:
bigrigg wrote:

that allmaras kid is pretty good but one person can't make a whole team and i don't think they have the right personal to make a good team right now but maybe in a couple of years

True that one person doesnt make the team but seeing how there going down to 9-man so even if they lost two of their offensive linemen (not sure if thats how many they lost) they still bring a whole offensive line back seeing they only need three instead of five. If Allmaras has a good O-line in 9-man football the kid could put up some good stats
bigrigg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Big EZ » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:14 pm

bigrigg wrote:
Big EZ wrote:
bigrigg wrote:

True that one person doesnt make the team but seeing how there going down to 9-man so even if they lost two of their offensive linemen (not sure if thats how many they lost) they still bring a whole offensive line back seeing they only need three instead of five. If Allmaras has a good O-line in 9-man football the kid could put up some good stats

ok so they have a o-line it doesn't mean that they are any good and what i meant earlier is that they won't be making it far in the playoffs for a couple of years
Big EZ
NDPreps Reserve

Postby football rocks » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:44 pm

they have 3 big quick lineman back 2 ogers in kaleb edmonsun an dustin agden edmunson will have huge numbers on defense an ogden is just a staright up tuff kid we will have to wait an c if the rockets can make the playoffs
football rocks
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big EZ » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:19 am

football rocks wrote:they have 3 big quick lineman back 2 ogers in kaleb edmonsun an dustin agden edmunson will have huge numbers on defense an ogden is just a staright up tuff kid we will have to wait an c if the rockets can make the playoffs

i've never even heard of edmonsun and you have to be pretty fast to be good at 9 man
Big EZ
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 8's » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:25 am

so next year with new rockfords needs for so many positions do you think that allmaras will stay at running back....a few years back they moved cody berg to qb his senior year cuz of their need at the skill position...maybe the same with allmaras?
8's
NDPreps Starter

Postby football rocks » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:57 pm

steven guler at QB yes kaleb edmunson is fast he outran the hole des lacs team once this year he weighs 230 an runs the 40 in under 5 thats wat one of my friends told me
football rocks
NDPreps Starter

Postby 8's » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:06 pm

so what grade is this kid in?
8's
NDPreps Starter

Postby football rocks » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:24 pm

he is a sophmore right now will be a junior next year for football
football rocks
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigg » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:21 pm

Honestly NRS will be just fine next year in nine man i can see them making a run for the region title NRS has always had a strong fb program there they are returning there entire o-line which averages over 200 pounds and they all can move with allmaras in the backfield and kaleb edmunson leading for him they will be one of the best backfields in the region the only question mark i can find is at qb but they have a young guler who IF he works at it can do the job just fine besides 9man is more key to a good run game and NRS will have a pretty strong oline and backfield
bigg
NDPreps Starter

Postby go_chucks » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:00 am

I think that New Rockford Sheyenne will be a good competor in the 9 man football region they will have a good season in front of them but i give them the best of luck and WELCOME TO 9-MAN FOOTBALL MY FRIENDS hope to see u guys in the playoffs
go_chucks
NDPreps Reserve

Return to 9 - Man