Is the weather messing with any playoff schedules?

The teams in 9 Man

Is the weather messing with any playoff schedules?

Postby E@stern Executioner » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:06 pm

I heard some "talk" that it could possibly happen but I sure wouldn't think so. Anyone?
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Is the weather messing with any playoff schedules?

Postby throwingducks » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:58 pm

They are not going to be changing anything, it is ND and the weather is part of the game, we have just been spoiled the last few years with perfect playoff weather. This is nothing a little snow and wind, not even terribly cold.

I remember hearing of a game, I think it was napoleon and new salem back in either the late 80's or real early 90's, 4 foot high snowbanks were the sidelines and it was well below freezing and the wind was howling. I believe they called it the infamouse cole porter game, he was new salems stud and theought it was to cold so he sat on the bus all game, score was something like 50-0.

This is what makes ND football interesting, might even the playing fields with the differences in styles, option verses an aerial attack, gotta be able to run the ball and handle the rock this weekend, turnovers ore going to be huge and I think the games are going to be lower scoring than people think especially the hillsboro - nap game, both teams under 20 in a dogfight, not predicting a winner, to tough to tell both teams are tough!
throwingducks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:38 pm

There has been one change in "A" football - Velva-Harvey has been moved to Minot
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby E@stern Executioner » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:26 pm

throwingducks wrote:I believe they called it the infamouse cole porter game, he was new salems stud and theought it was to cold so he sat on the bus all game, score was something like 50-0.

Was that his excuse at the State Wrestling tournament the same year?
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PlayHard-KHCO » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:30 pm

throwingducks wrote:They are not going to be changing anything, it is ND and the weather is part of the game, we have just been spoiled the last few years with perfect playoff weather. This is nothing a little snow and wind, not even terribly cold.

I remember hearing of a game, I think it was napoleon and new salem back in either the late 80's or real early 90's, 4 foot high snowbanks were the sidelines and it was well below freezing and the wind was howling. I believe they called it the infamouse cole porter game, he was new salems stud and theought it was to cold so he sat on the bus all game, score was something like 50-0.

This is what makes ND football interesting, might even the playing fields with the differences in styles, option verses an aerial attack, gotta be able to run the ball and handle the rock this weekend, turnovers ore going to be huge and I think the games are going to be lower scoring than people think especially the hillsboro - nap game, both teams under 20 in a dogfight, not predicting a winner, to tough to tell both teams are tough!

I'm going to re-post this over here:
Football belongs outdoors- the domes are only for revenue and the fair weather fans ( exactly where the name came from) that won't brave the elements to support their team. The elements add to the competition- think back to all those highlights they show on TV- players covered in mud, field covered in snow-steam coming off the players- THAT is real football. Play basketball and baseball in a dome- football belongs outside.
"The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer."
John Madden
PlayHard-KHCO
NDPreps Starter

Postby RonMexico » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:16 pm

Is the St. John game still at 2:30 Saturday?
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby old lineman » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:50 pm

THE ST. JOHN'S VS. WILLIAMS CO GAME HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE DOME IN KELVIN

THE HILLSBURRO VS NAPOLEAN GAME HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE DOME AT FROG POINT

The jumbo tron at Kelvin is awesome.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hunter #7 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:39 pm

where is the dome in kelvin?
Hunter #7

Postby old lineman » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:53 pm

Next to the staples center
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toddjames » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:19 pm

old lineman wrote:Next to the staples center

LMFAO! :lol:
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby woodchuckfaithfull » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:07 am

THE ST. JOHN WILLIAMS GAME HAS NOT BEEN MOVED ITS STILL IN ST. JOHN
woodchuckfaithfull
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PlayHard-KHCO » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:26 am

woodchuckfaithfull wrote:THE ST. JOHN WILLIAMS GAME HAS NOT BEEN MOVED ITS STILL IN ST. JOHN

WHAT??!??!?! Well I better get going then- I've been camped outside the Kelvin dome since 1 am soI got a good seat........dude- they are kidding - the game isn't in the Kelvin dome....only because its booked this weekend.
"The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer."
John Madden
PlayHard-KHCO
NDPreps Starter

Return to 9 - Man