Real Time Game Updates - 9-Man Quarterfinal Playoffs

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Real Time Game Updates - 9-Man Quarterfinal Playoffs

Postby wrestlingbacker » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:16 pm

38-20 Napoleon final
wrestlingbacker

Postby joemama » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:05 pm

And on the St.John call with the procedure penelty, it was a penelty, the right end on that offensive line was going to get set and then the play began. It was a good fought battle! Good Job St.John
joemama

Postby joemama » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:40 pm

I have a question. Does any one know if the St.John and Williams County game will be played in St.John. I heard it might have something to do with the regions???? Anyone know???
joemama

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:35 pm

joemama wrote:I have a question. Does any one know if the St.John and Williams County game will be played in St.John. I heard it might have something to do with the regions???? Anyone know???

Higher seed always gets to play at home. In the case the seeds are the same it depends on your region the year you are playing. St. John is from region 4, an even number, we are playing in 2008, an even number therefore, St. John gets homefield. I'm sure that could have been explained better, but I tried my best.

If region 4 were playing region 6...they flip a coin?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:59 am

yes they flip a coin for even number seeds in regions 4 and 6 each year. If its between 4 and 5 or 5 and 6 it goes by if its an even or odd year like you said. However, the coin toss was done at the beginning of the playoffs and region 6 won it....as they did last year. To me, that's really not fair to region 4. I know its just dumb luck, but I think there should be some type of rotation set up for that situation. I'm sure they same problem exists for regions 1 and 3, too.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:56 am

I've never thought about it before, but that is so unfair. Region 2 is guaranteed every other year their number one seed will have homefield throughout. Regions 1 and 3 are NEVER guaranteed homefield throughout. I'll have to think more about this as they might make it tougher for Region 2 in even number years by playing a number 1 seed in the quarterfinals, which would have happened had Dakota Prarie beat Oakes.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby stgermaine » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:21 pm

Rattler wrote:St. John wins 30-24 in one of the craziest finishes I have ever heard in football. St. John intercepted a pass with under 2 minutes left. They couldn't get any first downs and were forced to punt with about 20 seconds left. On the punt the punter apparently decided to run into the Richardton endzone for a safety and to eat time off the clock. On this attempt he slipped just outside the endzone, thus giving the ball back to Richardton on the 1 with 20 seconds left. Richardtons first attempt was snubbed out. They had to run hurry up with less than 9 seconds left. They got a play off and got in the end zone, but had an illegal procedure. This gave them one last untimed down from the 5. On this attempt St. John stopped them to seal the deal. What a crazy finish to an awsome, evenly matched game. Congratulations St. John!!

yeah i would have to say that was one of the craziest games in 9 man football because both teams had there chances, but st.john came out in the second half ready to play, st.john scored and gave the ball back to them with 2minutes left and RTH was marching the ball down the field until they started passing and missed one then threw another and got intercepted by st.johns josh davis and tried to get the first down but couldnt so were forced to punt the ball when the punter was told to knee the ball but slipped on about the 1 yard line and RTH had there chance to score but got stopped and it was about 2nd and 1 and had gotten in but got a penalty for not all the players being set and had 2nd and six with o time left and couldnt get in with a qb sneek and st.john won 30-24 and are going on to play Williams County
stgermaine

Postby AC-DC » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:59 pm

Flip wrote:I've never thought about it before, but that is so unfair. Region 2 is guaranteed every other year their number one seed will have homefield throughout. Regions 1 and 3 are NEVER guaranteed homefield throughout. I'll have to think more about this as they might make it tougher for Region 2 in even number years by playing a number 1 seed in the quarterfinals, which would have happened had Dakota Prarie beat Oakes.

Depending on the play-off breakdown, this probably won't be an issue next year with the 5 region league.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby COACHWEST » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:45 pm

AC-DC.....I'm pretty sure it stayed 6 regions.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby AC-DC » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:45 pm

COACHWEST wrote:AC-DC.....I'm pretty sure it stayed 6 regions.

I guess I missed that then, the last I saw was the 5 region breakdown.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to 9 - Man