Top 9-man QB remaining in the playoffs?

The teams in 9 Man

Top 9-man QB remaining in the playoffs?

Postby sb08 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:29 pm

Who is the top QB remaining out of the west teams? Who is the top remaining QB out of the east teams? Support your argument.
sb08
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Top 9-man QB remaining in the playoffs?

Postby E@stern Executioner » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:29 pm

In terms of game management, in the East, Aaron Meyer (Hills) does a FANTASTIC job of both passing and running -- reads the option extremely well.
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby greatest » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:46 pm

From the West would be tyler lalim from Williams . Great passer and a very tough runner. Also solid on defense as a linebacker
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby fb56bball40 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:39 pm

I would have said fettig earlyer this year but seeing hillsburro play i think meyer
fb56bball40

Postby MVP510 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:55 pm

E@stern Executioner wrote:In terms of game management, in the East, Aaron Meyer (Hills) does a FANTASTIC job of both passing and running -- reads the option extremely well.

Hasnt Meyer thrown the ball like 2 times this year?
MVP510
NDPreps Starter

Postby E@stern Executioner » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:01 pm

MVP510 wrote:
E@stern Executioner wrote:In terms of game management, in the East, Aaron Meyer (Hills) does a FANTASTIC job of both passing and running -- reads the option extremely well.

Hasnt Meyer thrown the ball like 2 times this year?

Ummm...no. They pass just enough to keep the D thinking about it -- great protection and two very solid ends help a bunch.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:03 pm

How is his shoulder by the way? Will he be readyfor the semis?
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby E@stern Executioner » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:08 pm

EHS1998 wrote:How is his shoulder by the way? Will he be readyfor the semis?

I think it's a "wait and see" situation. He's a tough kid (and a Senior) so I know he'll go if he's cleared to play.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:39 pm

E@stern Executioner wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:How is his shoulder by the way? Will he be readyfor the semis?

I think it's a "wait and see" situation. He's a tough kid (and a Senior) so I know he'll go if he's cleared to play.

If, God forbid, he cant go, does that change things dramatically for Hillsboro? I guess the good news is that with all the blow outs they have had, Meyer's backup has gotten plent of time. I just know a little about the option and sometimes its a little difficult to step right in and be in sync with reads, pitch relationship, etc.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:55 pm

You could tell the option wasn't as efficient as it was when Meyer was out of the game. They fumbled one pitch. He, the backup, probably has got a lot of time, but most of it was probably with 2nd teamers. A week of practice should help if Meyer can't go.

They only passed one time on Saturday so I would say its a mystery if they could actually pass if they had too. Didn't Meyer throw a crucial interception late in the game vs. Richland?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby old lineman » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:01 am

W-C's Qb is as tough as I have seen all year, the second is the RT qb. Lalim is real tough, fast and makes good decisions. He is a playmaker. My choice for the top QB..
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby greatest » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:26 pm

old lineman wrote:W-C's Qb is as tough as I have seen all year, the second is the RT qb. Lalim is real tough, fast and makes good decisions. He is a playmaker. My choice for the top QB..

Agreed
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby muballer2010 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:43 pm

Although I have only seen Lalim from WC play once, from what I saw he was pretty good. He may not be the most pure passer that I have seen in the high school level, but the confidence he plays with makes up for it. Also he seems to be a great game manager and every time I read about their games he is makin some sort of amazing play. He reminds me of my starting quaterback when my team won a state championship. Its hard to game plan for a well balanced quaterback who can run the ball whenever but step back and make a pass when needed to. Plus the fact that he is a senior and has that desire to win makes him the best quaterback left and probably one of the best in the state. (Note, I say that without having seen any other qb play and only goin off of what I have read and what people have said on this site)

Go WC
GO PACKERS, Brewers AND BUCKS!!!!
muballer2010
NDPreps Reserve

Postby old lineman » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:28 pm

He did throw a couple bullets and had one between 2 defenders against CM. There was nothing the defenders could do, it was just a strike.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby booyah » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:26 am

Flip wrote:You could tell the option wasn't as efficient as it was when Meyer was out of the game. They fumbled one pitch. He, the backup, probably has got a lot of time, but most of it was probably with 2nd teamers. A week of practice should help if Meyer can't go.

They only passed one time on Saturday so I would say its a mystery if they could actually pass if they had too. Didn't Meyer throw a crucial interception late in the game vs. Richland?

yes he did. it was when Hillsboro was on Richland's 15 too. That interception started the drive to put richland ahead which made Hillsoboro pass again when they got the ball back because there was only 20 seconds or so left. I dont think they completed any on their last 4 downs. But i could be forgetting about one.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby tommykramer » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:19 am

booyah wrote:
Flip wrote:You could tell the option wasn't as efficient as it was when Meyer was out of the game. They fumbled one pitch. He, the backup, probably has got a lot of time, but most of it was probably with 2nd teamers. A week of practice should help if Meyer can't go.

yes he did. it was when Hillsboro was on Richland's 15 too. That interception started the drive to put richland ahead which made Hillsoboro pass again when they got the ball back because there was only 20 seconds or so left. I dont think they completed any on their last 4 downs. But i could be forgetting about one.

Wasn't it inside the 10? That is another good thing that happened to Hillsboro though, it was one of those drives where they were just shoving it down Richlands throat, they get inside the 10 and then they throw??? I think the coaching staff learned alot from that one play. Stick to what got you there!
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby homer » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:13 pm

tommykramer wrote:
booyah wrote:

Wasn't it inside the 10? That is another good thing that happened to Hillsboro though, it was one of those drives where they were just shoving it down Richlands throat, they get inside the 10 and then they throw??? I think the coaching staff learned alot from that one play. Stick to what got you there!

ya i think your right. but you have a good point...why did they pass?? was it fourth down? i dont remember.
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:58 am

tommykramer wrote:Wasn't it inside the 10? That is another good thing that happened to Hillsboro though, it was one of those drives where they were just shoving it down Richlands throat, they get inside the 10 and then they throw??? I think the coaching staff learned alot from that one play. Stick to what got you there!

I find this funny b/c the person who told me about the game said the exact same thing. He had no idea why they would pass.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ninemanfbfan5 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:05 am

were talking about Meyer being such a good option qb what about this kid tyler bryant from st.john? They run the triple option and he makes great reads out of it. The kid is also a horse, he brakes so many takels and he has descent speed. He can also throw the ball descently. The best thing about this kid is that he is only a jounior and someone told me that he has competed and won in powerlifting competetions.
ninemanfbfan5
NDPreps Rookie

Postby woodchuckfaithfull » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:36 am

ninemanfbfan5 wrote:were talking about Meyer being such a good option qb what about this kid tyler bryant from st.john? They run the triple option and he makes great reads out of it. The kid is also a horse, he brakes so many takels and he has descent speed. He can also throw the ball descently. The best thing about this kid is that he is only a jounior and someone told me that he has competed and won in powerlifting competetions.

Tyler has won a few powerlifting competeions along with Bobby Finch, me, and a few other people from St. John, we have all been workin real hard for the last 4 or 5 years to make it this far into the playoffs.
woodchuckfaithfull
NDPreps Reserve

Postby E@stern Executioner » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:50 pm

I'll stick with my original pick. Incredible game management (again) by Aaron.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby E@stern Executioner » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:30 pm

E@stern Executioner wrote:

I'll stick with my original pick. Incredible game management (again) by Aaron.

This thread is done.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to 9 - Man