Co-op towns

The teams in 9 Man

Co-op towns

Postby 9manfootballmom » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:56 pm

It would be nice to know the small towns that make up each co op in the play offs. Any takers?

I guess most of them are listed in their school names. What are the towns that make up WIlliams county.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Co-op towns

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:07 pm

Williams Co is Tioga and Ray

Central McClean is Underwood and Turtle Lake-Mercer

RTH is Richardton-Taylor and Hebron

Napolean also has Gackle-Streeter with them

WL is Wyndmere and Lidgerwood
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:57 pm

Dakota Prairie is
Tolna
Pekin
Hamar
Warwick
Mcville
Kloten
Aneta
Dahlen
Petersburg
Michigan
Mapes
Whitman

I think some of the Mapes kids go to Lakota
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby greatest » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:35 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:Dakota Prairie is
Tolna
Pekin
Hamar
Warwick
Mcville
Kloten
Aneta
Dahlen
Petersburg
Michigan
Mapes
Whitman

wow
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby old lineman » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:17 pm

Central McLean is actually
Underwood
Turtle Lake
Mercer
Coleharbor
Riverdale
Benedict south half,south Ruso,and west pickertville
Pick City
and last but not least Falkirk
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:33 am

Tolna
Pekin
Hamar
Warwick
Mcville
Kloten
Aneta
Dahlen
Petersburg
Michigan
Mapes
Whitman

All McVille, Michigan, Tolna, Pekin, Hamar, and Petersburg kids go to DP.

Some Aneta kids go to Northwood-Hatton. I'd say its split 50/50(the tornado moved most to DP tho)

Whitman and Dahlen kids go to Fordville-Lankin

Mapes mostly goes to Lakota, maybe 5 less then that go to DP

Also pulling a lot of kids from Warwick that open in roll. Not to sound stereotypical or cause anything, but the Caucasian students are split between Devils Lake and Dakota Prairie and the Native American students in that area go to Warwick
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby justplayalready » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:45 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
Tolna
Pekin
Hamar
Warwick
Mcville
Kloten
Aneta
Dahlen
Petersburg
Michigan
Mapes
Whitman

All McVille, Michigan, Tolna, Pekin, Hamar, and Petersburg kids go to DP.

Some Aneta kids go to Northwood-Hatton. I'd say its split 50/50(the tornado moved most to DP tho)

Whitman and Dahlen kids go to Fordville-Lankin

Mapes mostly goes to Lakota, maybe 5 less then that go to DP

Also pulling a lot of kids from Warwick that open in roll. Not to sound stereotypical or cause anything, but the Caucasian students are split between Devils Lake and Dakota Prairie and the Native American students in that area go to Warwick

Wife says you forgot Niagra...

It is impressive that two Nelson Co. Teams made it into 2nd round of playoffs though.
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:40 pm

Both Nelson county teams have been respectable in the playoffs for years it really is quite a deal that a low population county like that can put out two salty football teams year after year they are not just one year wonders.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby old lineman » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:48 pm

Grid iron guru will you name the winner of the most small towns on the co-op.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby niebuhr#81 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:05 pm

Heart River is Belfield, South Heart, and Billings County i believe
niebuhr#81
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toddjames » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:40 pm

This topic brings up something I have been thinking about... of all the teams remaining... only three Hillsboro, Oakes and St. John... are solo city schools... in fact almost every 9-man school in the state is made up of co-ops, so I think these schools have to be commended for producing talent with limited resources... just a thought
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RonMexico » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:09 pm

Its all about enrollment numbers. Solo cities has nothing to do with it. Cities like Oakes and Hillsboro have big enrollments for 9 man schools, larger than most co-ops.
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby armedndangerous » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:14 pm

how is oakes even in 9 man, they have to have the largest enrollment in 9 man i bet
armedndangerous
NDPreps Starter

Postby oline » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:26 pm

They are one of the biggest they will be 11 man next year.
oline
NDPreps Reserve

Postby homer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:51 am

there is still a few solo schools in the state.richland, hankinson,sgt central are not in the playoffs anymore i know but are not co-ops
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby SCCconferenceinsider » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:04 pm

South Border, (who lost on Oct. 26) is a co-op of Wishek and Ashley, ND.
SCCconferenceinsider
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:21 pm

Dakota Prairie isn't a "co-op" either. It is a consolidation of several towns.

We're mixing 2 things in this discussion - co-ops and consolidations. Co-ops are combinations of separate schools playing together. Consolidations are several towns combined into one school district.

What others are referring to as a "solo" school are schools with just one town in the name.

For what it's worth....
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby toddjames » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:52 pm

RonMexico wrote:Its all about enrollment numbers. Solo cities has nothing to do with it. Cities like Oakes and Hillsboro have big enrollments for 9 man schools, larger than most co-ops.

Actually it does have something to do with the points I was trying to make... My point was that the co-op schools, and this isn't a shot at anyone because co-ops are needed for some due to enrollment, have two or more towns or talent pools to make up a team... While the single city schools have to work with what they have in just that one community... like I said not a shot at any co-op, just saying it's nice to see talented teams coming from some of the single town schools, as a lot the past state champions have been co-ops...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby E@stern Executioner » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:03 pm

toddjames wrote:
RonMexico wrote:My point was that the co-op schools, and this isn't a shot at anyone because co-ops are needed for some due to enrollment, have two or more towns or talent pools to make up a team... While the single city schools have to work with what they have in just that one community.

So...the team with ONE school of 200 kids is at a disadvantage to the team of five schools of 40 kids each?
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toddjames » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:17 pm

E@stern Executioner wrote:
toddjames wrote:
RonMexico wrote:My point was that the co-op schools, and this isn't a shot at anyone because co-ops are needed for some due to enrollment, have two or more towns or talent pools to make up a team... While the single city schools have to work with what they have in just that one community.

So...the team with ONE school of 200 kids is at a disadvantage to the team of five schools of 40 kids each?

Like I said, for the third time, this was not a shot any co-op, and has nothing to do with enrollment from my standpoint because if it did, five schools of 40 kids would still equal up to the 200, which you obviously knew... Traditionally, year after year, the 9-man State Championship is being won by co-op schools... and they do have the advantage of being able to get kids from more than one town... the overall numbers aren't the advantage, it's the number of schools, towns, communities that being chosen from... In most smaller communities, maybe not all, there are usually between 2-5 amazing athletes, so if you have three or four communties to chose from, your chances of fielding a team with 9 or more really solid athletes are greater... sure if you have 200 kids from one school to chose from it should be easy, but it's not always about enrollment, not everyone goes out for football or sports... might have a lot of kids in the school, but that doesn't mean they are all coming out for football...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby E@stern Executioner » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:52 pm

toddjames wrote:
toddjames wrote:

Like I said, for the third time, this was not a shot any co-op, and has nothing to do with enrollment from my standpoint because if it did, five schools of 40 kids would still equal up to the 200, which you obviously knew... Traditionally, year after year, the 9-man State Championship is being won by co-op schools... and they do have the advantage of being able to get kids from more than one town... the overall numbers aren't the advantage, it's the number of schools, towns, communities that being chosen from... In most smaller communities, maybe not all, there are usually between 2-5 amazing athletes, so if you have three or four communties to chose from, your chances of fielding a team with 9 or more really solid athletes are greater... sure if you have 200 kids from one school to chose from it should be easy, but it's not always about enrollment, not everyone goes out for football or sports... might have a lot of kids in the school, but that doesn't mean they are all coming out for football...

...and, Todd, I never stated that you were taking a shot at co-ops. Your logic really makes no sense, though. 200 kids equals 200 kids regardless of where they live. Answer me this: would a co-op of 40 towns made up of 5 kids per town have the advantage over 2 towns of 100 kids. Just curious.
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AC-DC » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:38 pm

toddjames wrote:
toddjames wrote:

...and, Todd, I never stated that you were taking a shot at co-ops. Your logic really makes no sense, though. 200 kids equals 200 kids regardless of where they live. Answer me this: would a co-op of 40 towns made up of 5 kids per town have the advantage over 2 towns of 100 kids. Just curious.

The talent pool is all about the number of kids, not towns. What may be valid in the Co-Op idea though, is that if the schools go through the effort to Co-Op in the first place, there is probably more emphasis and support for the program. In the end, a good program will bring out more players and a larger talent pool. Just a thought.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BOMBERSTRUCK » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:54 pm

Well said AC-DC. Doesnt just about every kid in the school system go out for football in Crosby. Nice to see all the players that DC has in uniform on the sidelines.

In our co-op with Our Redeemers, I know there are some kids in Our Redeemers and in the Lewis and Clark school district that dont play. Great athletes, but they say they are going to save themselves for basketball. Drives me crazy, especially when you walk the sidelines at the games, and the kids that should be out for football stand directly behind the players. Hopefully next year we have more kids go out since we are going 11-man.
BOMBERSTRUCK
NDPreps Reserve

Postby old lineman » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:02 pm

Grid iron guru you have failed me in announcing the winner of the co-op challenge, or are you awaitng a bigger stage?
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toddjames » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:23 pm

toddjames wrote:
toddjames wrote:

My logic might not make any sense when you're completely missing the point, (40 towns made up of 5 kids per town, that's funny, lol!)... but I guess I got off point trying to offer you some understanding of what I was saying, just praising the solo town schools for having good seasons... doesn't matter how many you have to work with, it still comes down to working with you have, everybody has to do it, some just have a couple more area codes to choose from than others... but answer me this, if some of these co-op schools didn't have kids from all the towns or schools in their co-op, would they be as successful??? some might, but others wouldn't be, but then again they probably wouldn't be playing because they needed to co-op to have enough numbers for a team, which is another advantage of having a co-op, not an advantage over non-co-op schools, it just gives the advantage of being able to play... whatever it takes for the small-town kids to play is all right with me...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to 9 - Man