hardest place to play?

The teams in 9 Man

hardest place to play?

Postby Beston51 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:31 pm

where is the hardest place to play in the state? just want to know what you guys think.
Beston51
NDPreps Starter

Re: hardest place to play?

Postby thatguy422 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:32 pm

Personally, I don't think there is much of a home field advantage in high school football. It might be bothersome to have to go on a long bus ride, but other than that I really don't see an advantage.
I didn't like playing at Williams County, but that was just because getting tackled into an infield hurts. (there football field is also their baseball field)
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AC-DC » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:11 pm

thatguy422 wrote:Personally, I don't think there is much of a home field advantage in high school football. It might be bothersome to have to go on a long bus ride, but other than that I really don't see an advantage.
I didn't like playing at Williams County, but that was just because getting tackled into an infield hurts. (there football field is also their baseball field)

I'm sure WC just plays a couple of games in Ray to passify the Co-Op, but the baseball diamond is not a good football field.

Probably the worst field in the northwest is in Berthold. They may want to consider some fill dirt to level the trenches.

I'm not sure if Central McLean still plays their games in Turtle Lake, but being visitors on the near side of the field is not a very friendly place to be.
Last edited by AC-DC on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bear » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:48 pm

I drove out to ray to watch some 9-man football action, the game ended up being a blow out and not much to watch, but I thought the field looked very nice the grass was green, logos painted, it actually looked like a very nice field minus a little bit of sand. (McAfee Coliseum oakland raiders)
bear
NDPreps Rookie

Postby 5-time state chump » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:35 pm

Beston51 wrote:where is the hardest place to play

An Amish community?
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ballaz_66 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:02 pm

It doesn't really matter where the game is at... Once the game gets started, everything on the outside pretty much gets zoned out, and then just play the game.
k-dawg
ballaz_66
NDPreps Reserve

Return to 9 - Man