Richardton-Taylor-Hebron at St. John

The teams in 9 Man

Richardton-Taylor-Hebron at St. John

Postby ND Football Guy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:38 pm

Who are you picking and why?

2008 Richardton-Taylor-Hebron Raiders (9-1)
8/26 - vs. Washburn, Won 40-0
8/30 - vs. Mott-Regent, Won 14-0
9/5 - at (# T5) Central McLean, Lost 16-14
9/12 - Open Date
9/19 - vs. Hettinger, Won 67-21
9/26 - at Heart River, Won 52-8
10/3 - at Bismarck Shiloh Christian, Won 54-0
10/10 - vs. Wilton-Wing, Won 66-6
10/16 - at Center-Stanton, Won 53-12
10/20 - Playoff - vs. North Star, Won 58-7
10/25 - Playoff - vs. (RV) Berthold-Our Redeemers, Won 47-22
11/1 - Playoff - at (# 2) Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter, TBD

2008 St. John Woodchucks (9-0)
8/29 - at Adams-Edmore-Edinburg, Won 44-8
9/5 - vs. Wells County, Won 48-22
9/12 - at North Central Benson, Won 53-6
9/19 - vs. Tri-County, Won 58-14
9/26 - at North Star, Won 65-0
10/3 - at Maddock, Won 58-20
10/10 - vs. Dunseith, Won 66-0
10/14 - vs. Towner-Granville-Upham, Won 62-0
10/25 - Playoff - vs. Mott-Regent, Won 42-6
11/1 - Playoff - vs. (RV) Richardton-Taylor-Hebron, TBD
Last edited by ND Football Guy on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Re: Richardton-Taylor-Hebron at St. John

Postby justplayalready » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:57 pm

Well, they've had two common opponents M/R & Northstar...Northstar couldn't stop either teams' O, Northstar moved the ball better against RTH. St. John just handled M/R & M/R faced RTH early with RTH winning 14-0...some think if they played late in the year it may have been a different result :?: But we all know how much to put into the "common opponent" theroy :roll:

I've seen both play & am impressed with both. Both have great D's & can score at anytime from anywhere. I think St. John's O presents more of a problem to RTH's D than the other way around. I can't see RTH breaking off 50+ yd dive plays, but I can see ST. John breaking off a big option play. If St John doesn't respect RTH's pass, I could see RTH hitting a big one.

Adding in the home field, my pick is St John 35-14....

& I hope to be at that game...
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby BOMBERSTRUCK » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:14 am

I made the drive down to RTH and I think the Raiders are in for a long game. Not saying they will get beat or not, just that Berthold was in that game until the middle of the 4th qtr. I think we had atleast 8 penalties, 3 or 4 of them inside the 15 yard line. Plus we had 6 turnovers which 2 or 3 came inside the 20. Berthold was able to move the ball up and down the field at times, just couldnt put the ball in the endzone. To be in a game for that long with all the mistakes doesnt sound good for Richardton next week. I will give Richardton credit though, they do have a really good defense with a lot of speed and very fundamental at staying home. But who knows, that is why the game is played.

Good luck to both teams. Should be a good one.
BOMBERSTRUCK
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fire hazerd » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:29 am

Richardton-Taylor-Hebron would have got smoked by MR later in the year and Eathen Keller did not start for the first time till the Washburn game if he would have started right away the Wildfire would have won there region.
fire hazerd

Postby sports for life » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:53 am

I'm going to go with St.john 34-6.
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Beston51 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:45 pm

i got st. john just a little bit closer 24-20.
Beston51
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballdude101 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:13 pm

did st johns really beat tgu 62-0? if so i think they will beat RTH. Richardton is very fast though... but i say st johns gets the win
bballdude101
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockey_man48 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:02 pm

A big difference between RTH and St. John is, how solid St. John is on both sides of the ball. I played both teams this year and against St. John they were all over everything. But, against RTH the score at the end of the north star game didn't explain it at all. The first half North Star ran 42 plays to RTH 15, but just like berthold we failed to convert once we made it to about their 20 yard line.

I have St. John winning 42-18
hockey_man48
NDPreps Rookie

Postby asiantangy99 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:46 pm

St. John is by far the quickest team in the 9-man right now. I see St. John winning this game against RTH. St. John has very quick linebackers that can get to the outside and 2 very physical noseguards plugging up the middle on defense. On offense St. John has a great running game and a decent passing game. Their running backs hit the holes fast and their quarterback is very fast. Although if RTH can develop somewhat of a pass game, and run right at St. John they could come out on top. I just dont see that happening though.
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby RonMexico » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:58 pm

St. John 44
RTH 12
RonMexico
NDPreps Reserve

Postby chevyman11 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:12 pm

I've seen both teams play and both are very physical. St. John's nose guards just do a tremendous job of plugging up the middle and their linebackers do such a nice job of flowing. St. John is just so quick on both sides of the ball (they run alot of option, but are very good with it), which is why I'm gonna pick them 34-16.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby no2much » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:14 am

If RTH plays like they did against northstar in the first round i think they could take st.john. Rth is a very physical team. They have i think one of the quickest and fastest running backs in the state. There defense is very solid they have two very good linebackers. I have RTH winning 42-30
no2much

Postby asiantangy99 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:18 pm

no2much wrote:If RTH plays like they did against northstar in the first round i think they could take st.john. Rth is a very physical team. They have i think one of the quickest and fastest running backs in the state. There defense is very solid they have two very good linebackers. I have RTH winning 42-30

St. John is probably one of the most physical teams in the state. They also are the quickest team in the state no question in my mind. In the M/R game their defense constantly had 4 or 5 guys at the ball at all times. They have a very physical defensive line and quick fast flowing linebackers. St. John over RTH.
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:21 pm

no2much wrote:If RTH plays like they did against northstar in the first round i think they could take st.john. Rth is a very physical team. They have i think one of the quickest and fastest running backs in the state. There defense is very solid they have two very good linebackers. I have RTH winning 42-30

I'm gonna take a stab and say that you haven't seen St. John play. I hadn't either and was very surprised with what I saw from them. Almost everyone on this site basically says that St. John is no good. DO NOT TAKE THEIR WORD FOR IT. I did and was totally suprised by the team I saw. And about R/T's running back being the fastest and quickest in the state...you will be surprised when you meet up with a whole TEAM that is as fast or faster than he is...
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sports for life » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:16 pm

There is no way that the St.John defense will give up 42 points.
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Postby asiantangy99 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:43 pm

sports for life wrote:

There is no way that the St.John defense will give up 42 points.

I totally agree there is no way St. John will give up that many points their defense is just too quick they have a physical d-line and very quick linebackers as I said before.
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby jtdc492 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:18 am

St. John 21, RTH 12
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby no2much » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:54 am

asiantangy99 wrote:

St. John is probably one of the most physical teams in the state. They also are the quickest team in the state no question in my mind. In the M/R game their defense constantly had 4 or 5 guys at the ball at all times. They have a very physical defensive line and quick fast flowing linebackers. St. John over RTH.

You know sometimes it isnt always the best to have fast flowing linebackers then other things can happen and I no the RTH kids will be ready to play and it will be a good one.
no2much

Postby joemama » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:06 am

St.John looks like state champs to me!!!Keep it up Woodchucks and stay out of trouble!

LETS GO WOODCHUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
joemama

Postby asiantangy99 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:34 pm

no2much wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:

You know sometimes it isnt always the best to have fast flowing linebackers then other things can happen and I no the RTH kids will be ready to play and it will be a good one.

Actually it is the best to have fast flowing linebackers because for one they are going to be able to get to the outside, and or cover guys in the flats and 2 they will be able to stop the run up the middle so it cant be a bad thing. What else is going to happen? If RTH kids are going to be ready to play so are St. John kids, idk if you have only seen RTH play or what but ive seen both teams play a few games. Although, if RTH can develop a passing game it could be a good game, but I just dont see it happening considering St. John has a dominating defense and can attack from the air or ground on offense.
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:18 pm

asiantangy99 wrote:
no2much wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:

Actually it is the best to have fast flowing linebackers because for one they are going to be able to get to the outside, and or cover guys in the flats and 2 they will be able to stop the run up the middle so it cant be a bad thing. What else is going to happen? If RTH kids are going to be ready to play so are St. John kids, idk if you have only seen RTH play or what but ive seen both teams play a few games. Although, if RTH can develop a passing game it could be a good game, but I just dont see it happening considering St. John has a dominating defense and can attack from the air or ground on offense.

And if for some reason they would get burned on a reverse I believe that they are very capable (due to their quickness) of recovering and making a stop.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby TheBigMan55 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:20 am

jtdc492 wrote:St. John 21, RTH 12

How is st.john gonna score 21 points?....their field goal kicker is a scrub....hahhaha
TheBigMan55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby eastwood99 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:15 am

yeah I know, they almost always go for 2....St. John-42
Richardton-Taylor-22
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toddjames » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:12 pm

Nice to see some people giving these guys some respect... made some believers this past Saturday... I'll be willing to bet they have a few more after this Saturday's game... this team has all they need to earn a spot in the championship game, talent, speed, power and most importantly the mental capacity... they know what they want and they know what it's going to take to get it... they realize they need to bring their best game each time out and they are more than prepared, especially with the home field and fans behind them...
Last edited by toddjames on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby asiantangy99 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:00 pm

Ya St. John definatley deserves to be in the state championship matchup they play really hard and have the talent to do so.
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to 9 - Man