Richardton-Taylor-Hebron at St. John

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Richardton-Taylor-Hebron at St. John

Postby Dunkman21 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:10 pm

fire hazerd wrote:Richardton-Taylor-Hebron would have got smoked by MR later in the year and Eathen Keller did not start for the first time till the Washburn game if he would have started right away the Wildfire would have won there region.

Give me a Break! I dont know how many times I have read that on these posts. You don't think every good coached team gets better as the season goes on? MR lost to two good teams that are still playing, HMMMMMMM?, Don't every team wish they could write their schedule as the season goes on? MR probably did improve, but the lack of competition in there remaining schedule probably helped that the most. If MR is that good, they would be playing RTH this weekend! But then that long 30 mile bus trip up north might be an excuse if they lost! This thing is just for some people to brag about a win before it happens and look for excuses when it don't! Your Repeat run is over! face it!
Dunkman21

Postby Dunkman21 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:43 pm

BOMBERSTRUCK wrote:I made the drive down to RTH and I think the Raiders are in for a long game. Not saying they will get beat or not, just that Berthold was in that game until the middle of the 4th qtr. I think we had atleast 8 penalties, 3 or 4 of them inside the 15 yard line. Plus we had 6 turnovers which 2 or 3 came inside the 20. Berthold was able to move the ball up and down the field at times, just couldnt put the ball in the endzone. To be in a game for that long with all the mistakes doesnt sound good for Richardton next week. I will give Richardton credit though, they do have a really good defense with a lot of speed and very fundamental at staying home. But who knows, that is why the game is played.

Good luck to both teams. Should be a good one.

I was at he game also, RTH had alot of penalties also one 80+\-yard touchdown that got called back, so keep that in in mind when you are looking for excuses for losing! moving the ball up and down the field but could not score is like saying in basketball we got the shots off but couldn't make them, its the scoreboard that counts buddy 47-22 you were only in it for a few minutes at a time,unitl RTH got the ball back!
Dunkman21

Postby BOMBERSTRUCK » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:25 pm

Dunkman 21, I wasnt looking for excuses for losing. I know its the scoreboard that counts in the end. All I was saying is that when Berthold was moving the ball, they would have a penalty and lose the momentum. From the tone of you post, I wouldnt mind seeing RTH get beat by 50. Seems like all the RTH fans have the mentality of you.

RTH has a good team I wont deny you that, I just dont think RTH is 25 points better than Berthold. Pretty even teams that were on the field, just that day it was RTH's.

GO WOODCHUCKS
BOMBERSTRUCK
NDPreps Reserve

Postby chevyman11 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:37 pm

Dunkman21 wrote:
fire hazerd wrote:Richardton-Taylor-Hebron would have got smoked by MR later in the year and Eathen Keller did not start for the first time till the Washburn game if he would have started right away the Wildfire would have won there region.

Give me a Break! I dont know how many times I have read that on these posts. You don't think every good coached team gets better as the season goes on? MR lost to two good teams that are still playing, HMMMMMMM?, Don't every team wish they could write their schedule as the season goes on? MR probably did improve, but the lack of competition in there remaining schedule probably helped that the most. If MR is that good, they would be playing RTH this weekend! But then that long 30 mile bus trip up north might be an excuse if they lost! This thing is just for some people to brag about a win before it happens and look for excuses when it don't! Your Repeat run is over! face it!

Alot of people have said that they did get better but it would have been nice to see them play one of these teams in the playoffs or one of them later in the regular season. My only question to you is where does Divide County rate on the lack of competition scale. They shut them out so I'm just curious to see if you feel Divide was an "easy team" or not. And I agree with you Bomberstruck I really don't think starting Ethan Keller at the beginning of the season would have allowed them to win their Region.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby justplayalready » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:17 pm

any discussion on how this ended??? a few more seconds on the clock & its a RTH win or OT..(if you hadn't heard, RTH was driving with about 2 minutes left & was intercepted deep in SJ territory, they were down 30-24. RTH held them with their time outs & forced SJ to punt from about their 15 with 27 seconds left. SJ punter ran around & looked to take the safety, but slipped, touching down at their 1, so its RTH 1st & goal w/20 seconds left. RTH tried to sneak but was stopped, they tried again, got in, but they were not set. No time left they had one play from the 6 and tried to QB sweep to the receiver side, but came up short)

I thought RTH got in on their 1st play, it looked close, but I didn't have a great angle....

Interesting call on trying to take the safety by SJ...seems like the number of bad outcomes outnumber the good. If it had been sucessful, I'd think they'd free kick it OB? RTH would have 20 seconds and a usable crosswind..they also had guys open in the pass all day long. 6 would win it.

It was a tough call, as a lot of bad things could happen on the punt, which was into a stiff cross wind & they were coming...

St John may not have had to punt a whole lot this year, that could have figured in?

Overall I thought RTH came to play & had the size & speed to play with SJ.
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby joemama » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:52 pm

Thats the only thing about home field. But I shouldn't say that because I am pretty sure the officals are picked by the state because its a state game. RTH did have their chances, just couldn't capitalize. Alot of stuff that could have been caught and things like that. But you have to give it to St.John, they played big when they had to. Big interceptions and fumbles. I agree on the call that St.John call that the coach made, I guess it was made to be a safty. Bad Turn Out. I didn't get to see the play up close when RTH went for it, but my guess refs made a good call. They were only inches away from the end zone. Great Job St.John.
joemama

Postby no2much » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:34 am

You know i was at the game and that last play lane transtrom was in and then he got pushed back.
no2much

Postby joemama » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:12 am

GOOD JOB WOODCHUCKS....YOU GAVE THEM A CHANCE AND THEY COULDNT DO IT.....
joemama

Postby justplayalready » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:25 pm

I'm not 100% sure on the rules, so help me out here...The free kick is from the 25? if it goes OB is there a choice to take it or re-kick? where would the ball be placed if they took it?? At some point they would have to kick to a guy not kick it OB??

Still wondering about the call to try to take the safety with a 6 point lead...If it all worked as planned, yeah its the right call, but I still think there are too many things that can go wrong.

But again if you compare what could go wrong with taking the saftey & what could go wrong trying to punt deep in their territory, it may be a toss-up...
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby AC-DC » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:03 pm

That one must have been in the trick bag for quite a while, it's not something you come up with on the spur of the moment.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:43 pm

justplayalready wrote:I'm not 100% sure on the rules, so help me out here...The free kick is from the 25? if it goes OB is there a choice to take it or re-kick? where would the ball be placed if they took it?? At some point they would have to kick to a guy not kick it OB??

Free kick from the 20 yard line. If it goes out of bounds the receiving team would have the option of a re-kick from the 15, the 45 yard line of the kicking team, or the spot where the ball went out of bounds. I'm quite certain that is the rule.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby TopGun101 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:10 pm

What did ya'll think of the OB call on Andrew Rebel on the last fumble?...And i also saw Lane Transtrom in on the last play...he did good, but yeah, got pushed back...
Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash...-"Stinger"
TopGun101
NDPreps Rookie

Postby toddjames » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:27 am

Didn't get to see the game live, but listened to the whole game on the radio, which is something I haven't done in a while, and it sounded pretty crazy... can't imagine how crazy it was in person... lots of back and forth play... big time plays down the stretch and some controversy at the end... a thriller to the end, gotta love it...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby TopGun101 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:50 am

Yeah, it was intense...i was pretty close to the sidelines, so you could really feel the intensity...Did anyone get a chance to look at those pictures, there pretty amazing...lots of action shots!...your right...you just gotta love it!
Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash...-"Stinger"
TopGun101
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to 9 - Man