Oakes at Hillsboro

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Oakes at Hillsboro

Postby mjwanab » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:36 am

Good call, E@stern just likes confrontation! by saying it didn't help trey got hurt means that you were making excuses, you needed to word it more like, "I wish i could have seen that game with Oakes top player in there. I know one guy doesn't win a football game, but i really wanted to see him go one on one or see him match up and hit Grothman just to see how good of a defender he is."
mjwanab
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:52 am

mjwanab wrote:Good call, E@stern just likes confrontation! by saying it didn't help trey got hurt means that you were making excuses, you needed to word it more like, "I wish i could have seen that game with Oakes top player in there. I know one guy doesn't win a football game, but i really wanted to see him go one on one or see him match up and hit Grothman just to see how good of a defender he is."

Do you teach 1st or 2nd grade?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby E@stern Executioner » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:25 am

mjwanab wrote:Good call, E@stern just likes confrontation! by saying it didn't help trey got hurt means that you were making excuses, you needed to word it more like, "I wish i could have seen that game with Oakes top player in there. I know one guy doesn't win a football game, but i really wanted to see him go one on one or see him match up and hit Grothman just to see how good of a defender he is."

1. I do NOT look for confrontation.
2. Yes, that would have been a better way of stating his case.
3. Every Burro fan hated to see Peterson go out for two reasons:
-- he's a good player and that's not the way to end a career
-- this was a logical excuse that was going to be used and it was (not just on this forum)
4. Grothmann vs. Peterson would be NOTHING to see. Period.
5. Find me a spot here where one Burro fan made an excuse after the Richland loss. They didn't. They lost, played horribly and took it all in stride without any excuses.
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:41 pm

E@stern Executioner wrote:

You've got to admit - controlled confrontation is what makes it fun to read this site.
emphasis on the "controlled"
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby mjwanab » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:20 pm

-- this was a logical excuse that was going to be used and it was (not just on this forum)
5. Find me a spot here where one Burro fan made an excuse after the Richland loss. They didn't. They lost, played horribly and took it all in stride without any excuses.

Again, look at responses, there was never an excuse used that Oakes lost cause he got hurt. People agreed that Grothman is a very good player, and that Oakes got beat. Posts mentioned Peterson getting hurt also stated that he obviously would not have changed the outcome of the game. The people that posted comments on Oakes and thinking they had a chance or may win all came back here and said Hillsboro was very good and beat them. Nobody tried to make excuses. Obviously we all see you think Grothman is the greatest player to set foot on the high school football field, but comment #4 in your rebuttle i think is unproven. We can only speculate. We never got to see a good battle to see if Peterson could have stood up to him on the gridiron. And for the record, I do not teach and do not know how that could even get tied into this topic.
mjwanab
NDPreps Starter

Postby E@stern Executioner » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:04 pm

mjwanab wrote:The people that posted comments on Oakes and thinking they had a chance or may win all came back here and said Hillsboro was very good and beat them.

Really?

mjwanab wrote:Obviously we all see you think Grothman is the greatest player to set foot on the high school football field...

Care to point out where I said that? I personally think (and have stated) that Hillsboro is the best team in ND 9-man football but your statement NEVER came from me.

mjwanab wrote:And for the record, I do not teach and do not know how that could even get tied into this topic.

I'm guessing that it was the six sentences cleverly disguised as two in your original post.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mjwanab » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:49 pm

mjwanab wrote:Obviously we all see you think Grothman is the greatest player to set foot on the high school football field...

Care to point out where I said that? I personally think (and have stated) that Hillsboro is the best team in ND 9-man football but your statement NEVER came from me.

You never said it, just saying something the same way you said people were making excuses for Oakes losing was peterson getting hurt. I didn't see a post that said that Oakes lost because Peterson got hurt. See the analagy.
mjwanab
NDPreps Starter

Postby E@stern Executioner » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:09 pm

mjwanab wrote:You never said it, just saying something the same way you said people were making excuses for Oakes losing was peterson getting hurt. I didn't see a post that said that Oakes lost because Peterson got hurt. See the analagy.

Ummm...ok.

:roll:
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby homer » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:24 pm

it might just be me....but saying that they played HORRIBLE sounds kindove like an excuse. i think richland stopped the run and Hillsboro was put in passing situations...in which they didnt convert. i agree they may not have played like their normal selves but they didnt play horrible.
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby E@stern Executioner » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:04 pm

homer wrote:

it might just be me....but saying that they played HORRIBLE sounds kindove like an excuse.

Seriously, this is one of the Top 10 dumbest posts that I've seen on this board. Ever. How does ME saying that HIllsboro played poorly resemble an excuse?

Hillsbro played terrible against Richland and ANY player on the team or member of the coaching staff will agree with that. They were beaten by the better team that night. No excuses.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ocho Siete » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:16 am

Hasn't this game happened already? Why are we still talking about it?
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:22 pm

Wild Wolves wrote:We did the same thing in collage every game regardless of where we were at , however we didn't do the our house thing. And we only got in a fight at mid field a couple of times. :D

that was in a scrimmage if i recall?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to 9 - Man