Wyndmere-Lidgerwood at Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter

The teams in 9 Man

Wyndmere-Lidgerwood at Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter

Postby ND Football Guy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:37 pm

Who are you picking and why?

2008 Napoleon-Gackle Streeter Imperials (9-0)
8/30 - vs. Barnes County North (in Bis.) Won 44-6
9/5 - vs. South Border, Won 44-8
9/12 - at (RV) Oakes, Won 26-20
9/19 - vs. Kidder County, Won 28-6
9/26 - at Edgeley-Kulm, Won 30-0
10/3 - vs. Ellendale, Won 63-16
10/10 - at Sargent Central, Won 36-8
10/16 - at Strasburg-Zeeland, Won 40-0
10/25 - Playoff - vs. Richland, Won 26-0
11/1 - Playoff - vs. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood, TBD

2008 Wyndmere-Lidgerwood Warriors (7-2)
8/30 - at Oakes, Lost 29-27
9/5 - at Northern Cass, Won 13-12
9/12 - vs. (# 4) Richland, Won 30-6
9/19 - at (RV) Hillsboro, Lost 40-0
9/26 - vs. (RV) Hankinson, Won 22-6
10/3 - vs. Griggs County Central, Won 48-16
10/10 - at Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page, Won 47-6
10/16 - at Barnes County North, Won 42-12
10/25 - Playoff - vs. South Border, Won 56-14
11/1 - Playoff - at (# 2) Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter, TBD
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Re: Wyndmere-Lidgerwood at Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter

Postby booyah » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:30 am

ND Football Guy wrote:Who are you picking and why?

2008 Napoleon-Gackle Streeter Imperials (9-0)
8/30 - vs. Barnes County North (in Bis.) Won 44-6
9/5 - vs. South Border, Won 44-8
9/12 - at (RV) Oakes, Won 26-20
9/19 - vs. Kidder County, Won 28-6
9/26 - at Edgeley-Kulm, Won 30-0
10/3 - vs. Ellendale, Won 63-16
10/10 - at Sargent Central, Won 36-8
10/16 - at Strasburg-Zeeland, Won 40-0
10/25 - Playoff - vs. Richland, Won 26-0
11/1 - Playoff - vs. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood, TBD

2008 Wyndmere-Lidgerwood Warriors (7-2)
8/30 - at Oakes, Lost 29-27
9/5 - at Northern Cass, Won 13-12
9/12 - vs. (# 4) Richland, Won 30-6
9/19 - at (RV) Hillsboro, Lost 40-0
9/26 - vs. (RV) Hankinson, Won 22-6
10/3 - vs. Griggs County Central, Won 48-16
10/10 - at Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page, Won 47-6
10/16 - at Barnes County North, Won 42-12
10/25 - Playoff - vs. South Border, Won 56-14
11/1 - Playoff - at (# 2) Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter, TBD

just a correction the WL - Richland game was only 20-6.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby fb56bball40 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:43 am

Napoleon by 30 wont even be close they might even shut out W/L
fb56bball40

Postby Beston51 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:51 pm

Napoleon is just gonna run all over em. NGS=44 WL=0
Last edited by Beston51 on Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beston51
NDPreps Starter

Postby Kizzles » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:08 pm

why do you think that wydmere lidgerwoodod is going to get shutout when they have been unstoppable on ofence the past four weeks and the only points that they have given up in the last three weeks the jv gave them up so i dont understand how you people can think that they will get blownout when their moral is high and they have been playing well as individuals and a unit. i cant wait until you people get extremely disapointed when wyndmere/lidgerwood takes it to napoleon.
Kizzles
NDPreps Reserve

Postby E@stern Executioner » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:05 pm

Kizzles wrote:why do you think that wydmere lidgerwoodod is going to get shutout when they have been unstoppable on ofence the past four weeks

Seriously? Are you referring to the games against South Border, BCN, FSHP and GCC? We could take the nine oldest guys that post on this board and average 60 points for that month. That's not a measuring stick for offensive output. Hillsboro's third stringers would be a better measure and they got shut-out against them.

Napoleon 38
WL 14
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby youknowit » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:47 pm

You guys need to stop smoking so much dope. Wyndmeres defense has been unstoppable lately they may have been playing those schools but they don't gain a yard. They have a whole new defense of strategy and to tell you the truth Gross won't have as much yards you you guys think. Wyndmere will win this one by six!
youknowit

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:27 pm

I'd love to know what this strategy is. From what I've seen of Gross is that he's quick and good with cuts...and not all that easy to take down. Stopping him...possible...but very difficult.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby youknowit » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:32 pm

You have to watch out for bryce woodbury is going to be all over the field on saturday. He is going to be tough he is very quick and after the game on saturday we was playing everywhere on the defensive side of the ball.
youknowit

Postby asiantangy99 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:48 pm

I say Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter in this one. They have much more experience with big games as of the past few years going to state a few years. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood doesnt have near the playoff experience and I believe that might be the difference in the game.
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan7 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:50 am

I'll take Napoleon 44-12
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Kizzles » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:17 pm

Wyndmere lidgerwood does have some good experience in playoffs they have been there seven years in a row but they don't get past the quarterfinals or semi's but i think they have real potential going to the semi's based on their performances the last few weeks thats all i have to say.

W/L-40
N/G/S- 28
Kizzles
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:36 pm

Kizzles wrote:...i think they have real potential going to the semi's based on their performances the last few weeks...

Wyndmere-Lidgerwood may win the game, but basing it on "their performances the last few weeks" isn't a good reason for doing it. Name one team left in the playoffs that has played a close game in the last few weeks.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:37 pm

No way on God's green earth that W-L scores 40 on Napoleon. The Warriors have to hope they can get a few stops on Napoleon, hold down the Imperials scoring, and squeek out 3 TDs of their own. But I don't see it happening.

I saw a highlight of Napoleon's game on Saturday and they were in the shotgun. I just about leaped out of my recliner! The Imperials - the grind it out, 5 yards and a cloud of dust and then pop one for 60 yards Imperials - running shotgun and passing for TDs! Say your prayers and get right with your Maker because I think the end of the world is near!

Seriously, I think that is a great adaptation to their talent by the Imperials. If I remember right their line got a little smaller this year so to open it up and use a smaller, quicker line to pass block is a good coaching move.

And it still seems like they can cram it down your throat when they need to with Laber leading Gross throught the line.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:28 pm

Excellent analysis. Kelly McClearly has developed so many ways to utilize his talent effectively They are very impressive to watch. When they went to the shotgun against us, I had the same feeling that tis wasnt something they have shown before but they ran it flawlessly.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby sb08 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:01 pm

Love it all!! Keep talking. All N-G-S has to do is show up and it is over! Kind of like Pats vs Giants. Oh, never mind. That didn't quite end up how the "analysts" thought. :lol:
sb08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:12 pm

I have to admit, I would like to see somebody put a whoopin on the Imperials. Don't know if it will be W-L though.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby Irish » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:42 pm

Napoleon 24-12
Irish
NDPreps Starter

Postby homer » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:51 pm

Hinsa wrote:No way on God's green earth that W-L scores 40 on Napoleon. The Warriors have to hope they can get a few stops on Napoleon, hold down the Imperials scoring, and squeek out 3 TDs of their own. But I don't see it happening.

I saw a highlight of Napoleon's game on Saturday and they were in the shotgun. I just about leaped out of my recliner! The Imperials - the grind it out, 5 yards and a cloud of dust and then pop one for 60 yards Imperials - running shotgun and passing for TDs! Say your prayers and get right with your Maker because I think the end of the world is near!

Seriously, I think that is a great adaptation to their talent by the Imperials. If I remember right their line got a little smaller this year so to open it up and use a smaller, quicker line to pass block is a good coaching move.

And it still seems like they can cram it down your throat when they need to with Laber leading Gross throught the line.

napolean was forced to go into shotgun against richland because they couldnt get any yards at all against richland's D trying to pound it at them. So they spread out and went where they are weak....the corners. richland had a sophomore and a freshman playin corner for them this year.
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:26 am

homer wrote:
Hinsa wrote:No way on God's green earth that W-L scores 40 on Napoleon. The Warriors have to hope they can get a few stops on Napoleon, hold down the Imperials scoring, and squeek out 3 TDs of their own. But I don't see it happening.

napolean was forced to go into shotgun against richland because they couldnt get any yards at all against richland's D trying to pound it at them. So they spread out and went where they are weak....the corners. richland had a sophomore and a freshman playin corner for them this year.

Interesting Homer. Didn't know that Richland shut down Napoleon's running game. That's quite an accomplishment.

To be able to go shotgun shows that the Imperials aren't just one-dimensional this year.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby SCCconferenceinsider » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:19 pm

Don't underestimate Wyndmere-Lidgerwood. They have many different offensive formations, they are quick, and they like to change it up on the D-line, to really mess up Napoleon's Offensive line.
SCCconferenceinsider
NDPreps Starter

Postby adriana » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:46 pm

I'm going with Napoleon. They weren't supposed to be undefeated this season, but they've figured out how to make things work with the talent they've got. Not to mention they've got home field advantage to put them a step ahead. I'm gonna say 35-14 Napoleon...but I'd personally enjoy seeing another blowout like the Hillsboro-WL game.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan7 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:44 pm

youknowit wrote:You guys need to stop smoking so much dope. Wyndmeres defense has been unstoppable lately they may have been playing those schools but they don't gain a yard. They have a whole new defense of strategy and to tell you the truth Gross won't have as much yards you you guys think. Wyndmere will win this one by six!

So how this new defensive strategy turn out for you today. Sure seemed unstoppable today.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to 9 - Man