The teams in 9 Man

Re: 2008 9-Man First Round Playoff Schedule

Postby imperials » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:03 pm

richland 34-6 3:30 left
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 9manfootballmom » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:07 pm

I need an update on Richardton Taylor's game with North Star...any takers? thanks in advance mom
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby imperials » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:31 pm

oakes 34-0 final
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fish » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:46 pm

Mott/Regent over Divide County!

M/R-22
DC-0
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wildguy131 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:57 pm

does anybody know the last time DC was shut out?
wildguy131
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BrandonStokley14 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:28 pm

Lakota 22-8
BrandonStokley14

Postby ND Football Guy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:13 pm

Updated.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby sifuentes09 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:31 pm

9manfootballmom wrote:I need an update on Richardton Taylor's game with North Star...any takers? thanks in advance mom

Richardton-Taylor —58
NorthStar—7
Click-Clack
sifuentes09
NDPreps Rookie

Postby psycho » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:12 am

Lakota travels to Ellendale and plays outstanding in a field of mud. Completely shuts down running game of Ellendale. Aronson for Lakota runs for a ton of yards and 3 TD's and has one called back. Ellendale moves the ball through the air on some screeen passes. Lakota has tough game again on Saturday as they will go to Hillsboro and take on a very tough team. No one will give them a chance in that game yet they keep playing tough every week out. Should be an interesting Saturday all the way around the state.
CubsFan23 wrote:I agree with most of your picks. There are two exceptions. Region 1 is the toughest in the state, in my opinion. So, Ellendale beats Lakota & South Border beats North Border.
psycho
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:28 am

I still can't believe that NB/SB score. Did anyone see that one coming? I'm a little surprised that Northstar got it handed to them by so much too. Haven't seen RTH play, but they must be tough.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ZP4L » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:17 am

Ellendale had their chances. They got in the redzone three times in the fourth quarter, even getting to the half-yard line and coming away with nothing every time.
ZP4L
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tommykramer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:30 am

[quote="psycho"]Lakota travels to Ellendale and plays outstanding in a field of mud. Completely shuts down running game of Ellendale. Aronson for Lakota runs for a ton of yards and 3 TD's and has one called back. Ellendale moves the ball through the air on some screeen passes. Lakota has tough game again on Saturday as they will go to Hillsboro and take on a very tough team. No one will give them a chance in that game yet they keep playing tough every week out. Should be an interesting Saturday all the way around the state.

If Lakota could barely beat Ellendale, Hillsboro will absolutely destroy them. This is the same team that destroyed Lakota last year with Johanson! 52 - 8 is my prediction, and the 8 will come late.
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby E@stern Executioner » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:03 am

ZP4L wrote:Ellendale had their chances. They got in the redzone three times in the fourth quarter, even getting to the half-yard line and coming away with nothing every time.

Sounds odd considering they have one of the best "power/speed backs" in the country? Hmmmm.
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby psycho » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:50 am

I assume then that if indeed Hillsboro destroys Lakota with your line of thinking that Napoleon will destroy Hillsboro if they play them as that will also be the same team that destroyed Hillsboro last year with Grothmans playing. Why do I wonder that your line of thinking will be different on that one????
tommykramer wrote:
psycho wrote:Lakota travels to Ellendale and plays outstanding in a field of mud. Completely shuts down running game of Ellendale. Aronson for Lakota runs for a ton of yards and 3 TD's and has one called back. Ellendale moves the ball through the air on some screeen passes. Lakota has tough game again on Saturday as they will go to Hillsboro and take on a very tough team. No one will give them a chance in that game yet they keep playing tough every week out. Should be an interesting Saturday all the way around the state.

If Lakota could barely beat Ellendale, Hillsboro will absolutely destroy them. This is the same team that destroyed Lakota last year with Johanson! 52 - 8 is my prediction, and the 8 will come late.
psycho
NDPreps Starter

Postby armedndangerous » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:02 am

psycho wrote:

Lakota is a very different team than last year. Not anywhere nearly as good on the O line or at the RB in terms of studlyness, but they are far more balanced than last year. With the rainy weather i doubt they threw much last night but they have a fairly solid passing game. I still say Hillsboro wins probably something like 36-14
armedndangerous
NDPreps Starter

Postby tommykramer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:06 am

psycho wrote:I assume then that if indeed Hillsboro destroys Lakota with your line of thinking that Napoleon will destroy Hillsboro if they play them as that will also be the same team that destroyed Hillsboro last year with Grothmans playing. Why do I wonder that your line of thinking will be different on that one????
tommykramer wrote:
psycho wrote:Lakota travels to Ellendale and plays outstanding in a field of mud. Completely shuts down running game of Ellendale. Aronson for Lakota runs for a ton of yards and 3 TD's and has one called back. Ellendale moves the ball through the air on some screeen passes. Lakota has tough game again on Saturday as they will go to Hillsboro and take on a very tough team. No one will give them a chance in that game yet they keep playing tough every week out. Should be an interesting Saturday all the way around the state.

Hillsboro lost one starter off of last years team, a good blocking end/fundamental sound defensive end - they have more depth and more talent than last years team, in my opinion, and I can't imagine that even the people in Lakota are thinking that this years team is on the same level as last years Raiders. I personally think that region three is highly overated this year - last year was stacked with great players and great teams - Severson/Nichols - DP, Johanson Lakota, Carpenter NB etc... Napoleon on the other hand still has some great players returning (Gross and Laber) but they lost McCleary who was a stud. If it is Hillsboro vs. Napoleon. I would expect a very good game, but I do think Hillsboro will come out on top this year.
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby justplayalready » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:16 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I still can't believe that NB/SB score. Did anyone see that one coming? I'm a little surprised that Northstar got it handed to them by so much too. Haven't seen RTH play, but they must be tough.

Northstar could move the ball, but couldn't score, They also couldn't stop anything. NS defense has been a bit of smoke & mirrors, but exposed against good physical teams.

NS would move the ball 40-50 yds, stall out & back up, RTH would run 1-2 plays & hit a big one. NS would drive again, turn over after a good drive & RTH would run a play for a score....Etc until it was out of reach.

RTH isn't a huge team, with most guys being in the 6'1" 200 range(backs bigger than lineman), but they play, run, and hit...that's tough to stop from the skilled positions.
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby Kenseth » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:56 pm

Napoleon on the other hand still has some great players returning (Gross and Laber) but they lost McCleary who was a stud. If it is Hillsboro vs. Napoleon. I would expect a very good game, but I do think Hillsboro will come out on top this year.

How bout we wait till it comes down to it to bring up Hillsboro and Napolean. :roll:
Kenseth
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tommykramer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:57 pm

Kenseth wrote:
Napoleon on the other hand still has some great players returning (Gross and Laber) but they lost McCleary who was a stud. If it is Hillsboro vs. Napoleon. I would expect a very good game, but I do think Hillsboro will come out on top this year.

How bout we wait till it comes down to it to bring up Hillsboro and Napolean. :roll:

How bout we read the rest of the post! :lol:
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Kenseth » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:06 pm

[quote][How bout we read the rest of the post! /quote]
I DID :lol:
Kenseth
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tommykramer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:09 pm

tommykramer wrote:
psycho wrote:I assume then that if indeed Hillsboro destroys Lakota with your line of thinking that Napoleon will destroy Hillsboro if they play them as that will also be the same team that destroyed Hillsboro last year with Grothmans playing. Why do I wonder that your line of thinking will be different on that one????
tommykramer wrote:

Hillsboro lost one starter off of last years team, a good blocking end/fundamental sound defensive end - they have more depth and more talent than last years team, in my opinion, and I can't imagine that even the people in Lakota are thinking that this years team is on the same level as last years Raiders. I personally think that region three is highly overated this year - last year was stacked with great players and great teams - Severson/Nichols - DP, Johanson Lakota, Carpenter NB etc... Napoleon on the other hand still has some great players returning (Gross and Laber) but they lost McCleary who was a stud. If it is Hillsboro vs. Napoleon. I would expect a very good game, but I do think Hillsboro will come out on top this year.

Read the whole post and state where I said WHEN they play, I'm pretty sure my exact word was IF. IF you actually read my other post you'll see that I picked Richland to upset Napoleon. Thanks For Playing!
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Kenseth » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:13 pm

You then continued to talk about this game which would just bring up a ton of other posts about it and I think both teams have to look at the next two weeks on thier schedule before worrying about a semifinal game. So "thanks for playing", as a wise man once said.
Kenseth
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tommykramer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:16 pm

I assume then that if indeed Hillsboro destroys Lakota with your line of thinking that Napoleon will destroy Hillsboro if they play them as that will also be the same team that destroyed Hillsboro last year with Grothmans playing. Why do I wonder that your line of thinking will be different on that one????

I'll agree with you that it probably doesn't need to be talked about - I was just defending my position regarding my prediction that Hillsboro would blow out Lakota - Psycho then said my justification for said prediction was flawed, from which I explained my reasoning. Again, I agree no need to talk about a Burro/Imperial match up until/if it happens! Fair enough?
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Kenseth » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:17 pm

I guess I can deal with that line of thinking.
Kenseth
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:18 pm

Kenseth wrote:You then continued to talk about this game which would just bring up a ton of other posts about it and I think both teams have to look at the next two weeks on thier schedule before worrying about a semifinal game. So "thanks for playing", as a wise man once said.

I think Tommy Kramer what just responding to what someone posted regarding "if thats your line of thinking"..........
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man